PDA

View Full Version : I don't do this..

normanx
12/16/2012, 11:53 PM
This my first "topic". I rarely post. But this one pizzes me off bad. At myself and at people.

I took my 9 yr old to a bday party today. Helped her put her skates on, watched her for a while and ran home. Came back, went to get my wallet in my truck... It's not there. Go in, ask the desk if there's been an OU wallet turned in. Nope. I had a grand in there with all my info and debit card.

I know it's ultimately my fault. But I have found a wallet with $75 and paid for the postage for it to be mailed to Harper, KS. I have found a wallet on the sidewalk of my apts and returned it to the owner myself also. I guess I thought karma would help me out. And I'm a single dad and was gonna spend that cash on my lil girl. Just wanted to vent!

nighttrain12
12/17/2012, 12:33 AM
Hopefully you will get it in the mail from someone in a few days or it later gets turned in to where the party was.

8timechamps
12/17/2012, 02:33 PM
Sorry to hear about that.

I recently finished overhauling my Jeep TJ, complete with brand spakin' new soft top ($1,000). It's not my daily driver, but two weekend's ago, I took my son to dinner, and when I came out, someone had taken their knife and cut out the driver side window. They took the ashtray (which had maybe two bucks worth of change), and a sweatshirt. Didn't steal the stereo, other stuff I had in there...just a quick slash and grab. I am still unbelievably pissed off.

Everytime I've been a victim of theft, I've thought "how can someone be so ****ty?!".

Hopefully you'll get your wallet back.

C&CDean
12/17/2012, 02:38 PM
This is the main reason why I haven't carried a wallet since 1975. I have a money clip with cash, license, farm card, credit card, and insurance card in it, and it's always in my front pocket. Nobody can pick pocket it, it can't fall out, and I never set it down.

Hope you find it though.

badger
12/17/2012, 02:38 PM
My last year in the dorms, I went off to the library (the real one, not the drinking one) for a many-hours write-a-thon on some pointless paper due in a few days. I took my sh!tty bike out there, since I didn't want to be walking around alone late at night.

I got back and my $500 motorized scooter had been stolen. the two locks I had on it were clipped. For the entire school year (it was April or May by then), the sh!tty bike deterred any would-be thieves, since I chained everything together, but all it took was a late-night library paper writing and a thief with a strong bolt cutter to drive/walk off with my scooter.

Advice: Live, learn and move on, because you're not going to get back what you already lost. :(

normanx
12/17/2012, 03:04 PM
Oh I know I'm not getting anything back. Seemed pointless, but I went and made a report with the PD. Just hope they took the cash and threw the wallet. I don't need a stolen identity case to go along with this. Its my dumas fault I let other people take advantage of the situation though. Anyway, thanks y'all. And sorry to hear about yer run ins with maggots too.

badger
12/17/2012, 03:16 PM
Oh I know I'm not getting anything back. Seemed pointless, but I went and made a report with the PD. Just hope they took the cash and threw the wallet. I don't need a stolen identity case to go along with this. Its my dumas fault I let other people take advantage of the situation though. Anyway, thanks y'all. And sorry to hear about yer run ins with maggots too.

If you need some little hope for optimism, when I took baby badger to Route 66 Marathon here in Tulsa a few weeks ago (cold as ever, but she was covered in a blanket and mommy dumbly didn't dress herself warmer), while I was out on the route (with a really loud cowbell that I bought at our Tulsa Tough biking event a few years ago), I found the contents of a wallet, sans-wallet.

For the first time in my life, I called 911.

I was like "Ummm, I dunno if this warrants a 911 call, but I found credit cards, military ID and other wallet contents near I-44."

A police officer was out within 15 minutes to pick the stuff up. He said it was likely a carjacking where someone took the wallet's money and tossed the other contents out the window (the ID was apparently OKC stuff).

So, who knows? You might get a call in a few days learning that someone found your wallet's contents.

BUT, just to be safe, better call your credit card company and cancel everything immediately if you haven't already.

SanJoaquinSooner
12/17/2012, 03:19 PM
Hey normanx, sorry to hear of your misfortune. That's a bummer.

normanx
12/17/2012, 04:23 PM
Thanks all. I canceled the only two things that needed canceling (debit and lowes card) shortly after. Badger, it's people like you and most of the rest of this board that I wish could've found my wallet in the first place. There's no way in heck I could've found someones cash like that and kept it. I work two jobs just to give myself and lil girl play money. Lesson learned. I'm slowly starting to come out of my "People in this world sucks" mode.

KantoSooner
12/17/2012, 04:30 PM
That sucks. We've all had stuff stolen and it always sucks. Strangely, I've had three pairs of shoes taken. Separate occaissions.
And they weren't really spiffy shoes.

normanx
12/17/2012, 04:30 PM
Oh... Here's some silver lining for me in this case. I have the sweetest lil girl in the world. When I picked her up at her moms house for school this morning, she gave me three one dollar bills. She told me "you can have the money that I have since you lost yours."lol.

Mjcpr
12/17/2012, 04:34 PM
I hope you told her that wouldn't even come close to touching the grand you lost!!!

C&CDean
12/17/2012, 04:41 PM
Oh... Here's some silver lining for me in this case. I have the sweetest lil girl in the world. When I picked her up at her moms house for school this morning, she gave me three one dollar bills. She told me "you can have the money that I have since you lost yours."lol.

Enjoy that. In about 10-15 years she'll be the one stealing your wallet.

normanx
12/17/2012, 04:48 PM
Yeah, I gave her a "fresh one" and said, "child don't you know the value of a dollar!!!?". No I didn't ruin moment of giving. She knows what I lost. She saw the tempered anger.lol

badger
12/17/2012, 05:08 PM
If anyone out there is ever wondering whether or not to call 911 on something that the police/fire/medical need to be informed of, consider this:

NTrgJTlFkcg

911 operators get prank called and get called by parents wanting the operators to order their bratty kids to go to bed, you name it. Remembering the Burger King 911 call made me push the numbers on my cell phone. There were others watching the marathon that saw all that stuff there that didn't. Maybe if they giggled at the Burger King 911 call on youtube also, they would have :D