This is one of the movies I'm really anticipating:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVu3gS7iJu4

8timechamps
12/16/2012, 07:26 PM
Not sure about this one, but Will Smith usually delivers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZIt20emgLY

Wishboned
12/16/2012, 07:48 PM
Pacific Rim. Giant monsters vs. giant mechs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vKz7WnU83E

soonerinabilene
12/16/2012, 11:17 PM
Man of Steel looks fantastic. Kevin Costner is going to be a great Jonathan Kent.

yermom
12/16/2012, 11:19 PM
i have to admit, i was not excited about yet another reboot, but Man of Steel looks awesome

ouleaf
12/17/2012, 01:55 PM
Not sure about this one, but Will Smith usually delivers:

He usually picks good projects, but don't like the idea of him doing another movie with his own kid.

yermom
12/17/2012, 02:10 PM
i read that as "his own kind" and was trying to figure out how you would actually post that

badger
12/17/2012, 02:15 PM
NP said the teaser before Hobbit showing Star Trek sequel was awesome. I like the first, so hopefully they don't ruin the franchise with this one :)

I have only seen one movie recently, the new Bond flick Skyfall. Havin baby will do that :)

8timechamps
12/17/2012, 02:29 PM
Can't tell too much about the plot, but the special effects are really cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvEce6sz2xM

BudSooner
12/17/2012, 09:11 PM
They all look good but i've not hear about After Earth, anyone got any tangible info on it? It sounds like the old NBC show Earth2 for some reason..dunno.
Man of Steel looks oh so good and with Nolan/Snyder in charge it should finally deliver a movie that Superman deserves in the first place, Pacific Rim sounds sorta like the old Japanese movies back from many years ago(Godzilla/Rodan/etc)but with a better premise, and GIANT DAMN ROBOTS! How can that NOT be a huge win?

But my main point of contention, and after watching the new trailer for Trek is this, Cumberbatch is playing a character named "John Harrison" but is that his real name or just his alias? I have found one thing of note, if you had close your eyes, do NOT pay attention to what this film is and listen to his voice he sounds soooo much like Patrick Stewart it is almost creepy.
But everything i've heard is this is based on "Where no man has gone before" with Gary Mitchell being the bad guy, it looks incredible aside from the shot of the Enterprise rising from some alien planets ocean.

One last thing, with Admiral Pikes voiceover almost scolding Kirk for his gungho attitude and the repercussions it could have on his crews live....and shot of Spock/Kirk 'ala ST:The Wrath of Khan...it would appear that to save his crew, this time around Kirk dies.
That's just the look of it.

My .02

SanJoaquinSooner
12/17/2012, 10:35 PM
http://www.metacritic.com/movie/barbara

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/zero-dark-thirty

k7R2uVZYebE

8timechamps
12/17/2012, 10:37 PM
They all look good but i've not hear about After Earth, anyone got any tangible info on it? It sounds like the old NBC show Earth2 for some reason..dunno.
Man of Steel looks oh so good and with Nolan/Snyder in charge it should finally deliver a movie that Superman deserves in the first place, Pacific Rim sounds sorta like the old Japanese movies back from many years ago(Godzilla/Rodan/etc)but with a better premise, and GIANT DAMN ROBOTS! How can that NOT be a huge win?

But my main point of contention, and after watching the new trailer for Trek is this, Cumberbatch is playing a character named "John Harrison" but is that his real name or just his alias? I have found one thing of note, if you had close your eyes, do NOT pay attention to what this film is and listen to his voice he sounds soooo much like Patrick Stewart it is almost creepy.
But everything i've heard is this is based on "Where no man has gone before" with Gary Mitchell being the bad guy, it looks incredible aside from the shot of the Enterprise rising from some alien planets ocean.

One last thing, with Admiral Pikes voiceover almost scolding Kirk for his gungho attitude and the repercussions it could have on his crews live....and shot of Spock/Kirk 'ala ST:The Wrath of Khan...it would appear that to save his crew, this time around Kirk dies.
That's just the look of it.

My .02

As for After Earth, I just stumbled across the trailer looking for the Man of Steel trailer. I went to IMDB, and found this:

Director: M. Night Shyamalan

I don't know what to think, other than it's going to be really good (The Sixth Sense)...or really bad (The Happening).

Collier11
12/18/2012, 01:18 AM
zero dark thirty is getting great reviews, add onto that the fact that apparently someone from inside leaked info to the movie makers...gonna be interesting

Collier11
12/18/2012, 01:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md6Dvxdr0AQ

World War Z

8timechamps
12/18/2012, 05:49 PM
zero dark thirty is getting great reviews, add onto that the fact that apparently someone from inside leaked info to the movie makers...gonna be interesting

Saw the trailer for Zero Dark Thirty when I went to see Skyfall. The trailer looks really good, and I'm hoping that the movie will live up to the hype. I saw yesterday that one or two of the actors are being talked about for possible awards. Don't know which awards, but that's usually a pretty good sign that the movie won't absolutely suck.

BudSooner
12/18/2012, 09:28 PM
As for After Earth, I just stumbled across the trailer looking for the Man of Steel trailer. I went to IMDB, and found this:

Director: M. Night Shyamalan

I don't know what to think, other than it's going to be really good (The Sixth Sense)...or really bad (The Happening).Oh lord, the Happening was awful but in a humorous way. THE PLANTS ARE ATTACKING US!

THAT WILL TEACH THAT BEOTCH FOR NOT WATERING US!

8timechamps
12/18/2012, 11:03 PM
Oh lord, the Happening was awful but in a humorous way. THE PLANTS ARE ATTACKING US!

THAT WILL TEACH THAT BEOTCH FOR NOT WATERING US!

I've never left a movie feeling like I just got **** slapped across the face....until I left The Happening. I felt like I needed to apologize to the people waiting to get in for the next showing.

BudSooner
12/19/2012, 09:37 AM
I've never left a movie feeling like I just got **** slapped across the face....until I left The Happening. I felt like I needed to apologize to the people waiting to get in for the next showing.I wanted to tell the people buying tickets in line to just save their money, go home and read a book.
It almost rivals Zardoz as one of the worst movies ever made

rock on sooner
12/19/2012, 11:46 AM
Saw the trailer for Zero Dark Thirty when I went to see Skyfall. The trailer looks really good, and I'm hoping that the movie will live up to the hype. I saw yesterday that one or two of the actors are being talked about for possible awards. Don't know which awards, but that's usually a pretty good sign that the movie won't absolutely suck.

The central character in this movie got special mention in [I]No Easy Day[I]
which lends authenticity to the story. Imagine being so absorbed for ten
long years hunting a bad guy....

8timechamps
12/19/2012, 02:19 PM
I wanted to tell the people buying tickets in line to just save their money, go home and read a book.
It almost rivals Zardoz as one of the worst movies ever made

Whenver I happen to catch The Happening on TV, I always stop and watch some of it. Because it is so stupid.

badger
12/19/2012, 02:48 PM
Anyone else see the M. Nighty Nite version of Avatar:Airbender? I did just because it was on Netflix, and it didn't suck, but it wasn't worth spending money on, either. Hooray insta-stream.

GDC
12/19/2012, 08:41 PM
I wonder what ever happened to the Pablo Escobar and Blood Meridian movies? I also wish Guy Ritchie would make the Rocknrolla sequels.