PDA

View Full Version : Conservative Logic

SoonerFrog
12/15/2012, 04:01 PM
Because a small minority of poor citizens abuse the privilege of receiving welfare payments, the government should shut down that right for everyone.

Because a small minority of gun owners snap and go crazy, the government should protect that right for everyone.

C&CDean
12/15/2012, 04:05 PM
Because a small minority of poor citizens abuse the privilege of receiving welfare payments, the government should shut down that right for everyone.

Because a small minority of gun owners snap and go crazy, the government should protect that right for everyone.

Oh goody. Another dip****. Just what we need around this place.

SoonerorLater
12/15/2012, 04:09 PM

You do understand that receiving welfare payments isn't a right? You do also understand that gun ownership is defined in the Bill of Rights, correct?

yermom
12/15/2012, 04:17 PM
you find a way to justify the outliers for something you agree with

Soonerjeepman
12/15/2012, 04:20 PM
you find a way to justify the outliers for something you agree with

yeah, that crazy constitution...crazy...just crazy isn't it?

oh yeah, constitution,,,the RIGHT to LIFE, LIBERTY, and the PURSUIT of happiness.(for the welfare) and then the poor babies don't get that due to abortion.

C&CDean
12/15/2012, 04:21 PM
You do understand that receiving welfare payments isn't a right? You do also understand that gun ownership is defined in the Bill of Rights, correct?

I think it's fairly obvious he/she doesn't understand anything about anything.

yermom
12/15/2012, 04:24 PM
personally, i don't mind paying more in taxes so that the poor and stupid are at least fed and sheltered and aren't ready to kill me for my stuff as often. if someone would rather put energy into exploiting that system than actually working, it's still pretty much their loss.

on the other hand, i'd rather be able to protect myself if the poor and stupid want my ****. not much is going to keep someone determined to do people harm from doing people harm

there is no easy solution, but i'd bet wall to wall media coverage doesn't help anything. seems like it just makes the next guy want to get on TV with higher numbers.

olevetonahill
12/15/2012, 04:24 PM
I think it's fairly obvious he/she doesn't understand anything about anything.

Plus I aint seen anywhere that any Con has said to shut down welfare, I know Ive said to get the dead beats off of it

yermom
12/15/2012, 04:26 PM

oh yeah, constitution,,,the RIGHT to LIFE, LIBERTY, and the PURSUIT of happiness.(for the welfare) and then the poor babies don't get that due to abortion.

a statement on logic has nothing to do with the Constitution, necessarily.

Soonerjeepman
12/15/2012, 04:44 PM
there is no easy solution, but i'd bet wall to wall media coverage doesn't help anything. seems like it just makes the next guy want to get on TV with higher numbers.

THIS I do agree with you on...oh and having the right to defend yourself. I see way too much abuse of the welfare. I don't mind helping UP but not OUT. Problem is we don't limit the "help" to basics, generic cheese, milk, beans, bread, fruit...shelter...and they know it and have NO motivation to help themselves.

Soonerjeepman
12/15/2012, 04:46 PM
a statement on logic has nothing to do with the Constitution, necessarily.

not sure I follow...it IS MY RIGHT to have a gun...constitution, there is NO RIGHT for welfare...that is my logic.

LiveLaughLove
12/15/2012, 05:20 PM

Here's a plan. Why don't you tell us what liberals think. You've proven you sure as heck have no clue about what a conservative thinks.

LiveLaughLove
12/15/2012, 05:26 PM
personally, i don't mind paying more in taxes so that the poor and stupid are at least fed and sheltered and aren't ready to kill me for my stuff as often. if someone would rather put energy into exploiting that system than actually working, it's still pretty much their loss.

on the other hand, i'd rather be able to protect myself if the poor and stupid want my ****. not much is going to keep someone determined to do people harm from doing people harm

I do. I don't believe you are helping them beyond giving them an ability to fill the gap between employment. Lifetime benefits create a slave and that's not what our government should be doing. There are or were charities to help beyond that, and could be again. There should be some sort of work involved in receiving benefits. At the Jesus House you scrub dishes if you want to eat. YMCA you clean bathrooms. It helps their self esteem and provides a service also. The government should do that at least for benefits beyond a few weeks.

soonercruiser
12/15/2012, 10:13 PM
Plus I aint seen anywhere that any Con has said to shut down welfare, I know Ive said to get the dead beats off of it

"Workfare"!
Once they have to work a little, they realize that they can "do better" for themselves.
"Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime".

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/15/2012, 11:16 PM
Oh goody. Another dip****. Just what we need around this place.They run the country now. Better learn to deal with it.

SoonerFrog
12/16/2012, 02:05 PM
Sorry if you found this offensive, but the double standard is clear. Conservatives only like rights when they are rights they favor.

Unfortunately, the majority of us are about to stand up now and let conservatives know that our right to keep and bear children is greater than your right to keep and bear arms. The only sad thing about it is that it took this long.

okie52
12/16/2012, 02:13 PM
Sorry if you found this offensive, but the double standard is clear. Conservatives only like rights when they are rights they favor.

Unfortunately, the majority of us are about to stand up now and let conservatives know that our right to keep and bear children is greater than your right to keep and bear arms. The only sad thing about it is that it took this long.

Dont forget to stand up about the right to create and abort children.

olevetonahill
12/16/2012, 02:30 PM

I'll have you know I dont have any Bear Arms , I do have a bear Hide tho.

If you have Bear children do you have a permit? I got in trouble fer keepin an exotic pet once with out a permit

Midtowner
12/16/2012, 06:41 PM

oh yeah, constitution,,,the RIGHT to LIFE, LIBERTY, and the PURSUITof happiness.(for the welfare) and then the poor babies don't get that due to abortion.

Sorry, not in the Constitution.

SoonerorLater
12/16/2012, 07:09 PM

And how great it would have been for somebody in that school to be weaponized to take this lowlife out before he could inflict ever increasing amounts of damage. Having your female principal diving at an armed intruder is not a good game plan.

olevetonahill
12/16/2012, 07:21 PM
Sorry, not in the Constitution.

Matlock is Correct, This In the Declaration Of Independence

http://www.ushistory.org/declaration/document/

C&CDean
12/16/2012, 08:00 PM

That was way...WAY too easy. I wonder if this frog boy is a frenchie. I'm thinking prolly so.

olevetonahill
12/16/2012, 08:01 PM
That was way...WAY too easy. I wonder if this frog boy is a frenchie. I'm thinking prolly so.

Frog? French? I'd say yer right.

8timechamps
12/16/2012, 10:14 PM

I'm still trying to figure out what double standard you're speaking of...as was mentioned above, Welfare is not a right guaranteed in the Constitution.

Also, just an FYI, I have children, and I own guns. I must be some kind of paradox in the coming liberal storm of the century.

OU_Sooners75
12/16/2012, 10:28 PM

Really? Liberals favor abortion more than naught....so please try to spread that message to someone as stupid as you!

There is no right to welfare in the law of our land...or the constitution.

There is 10 amendments to the constitution called the bill of rights. One of which is the right to bare arms!

Seriously, take your bull**** elsewhere. You are making the liberals look very very uneducated!

yermom
12/16/2012, 10:32 PM
you guys sure get caught up in the law vs. what is right

you rail against abortion, but it's legal. how is making a case against the 2nd amendment any different?

jk the sooner fan
12/16/2012, 10:37 PM

then pay more - write that check - what is stopping you???

soonercruiser
12/16/2012, 10:39 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what double standard you're speaking of...as was mentioned above, Welfare is not a right guaranteed in the Constitution.

Also, just an FYI, I have children, and I own guns. I must be some kind of paradox in the coming liberal storm of the century.

And "responsible parents" keep guns away from children's reach! Otherwise.......:grey:
Only use them on zombies.

yermom
12/16/2012, 10:53 PM
then pay more - write that check - what is stopping you???

yeah, because a few extra percent of my income would put a dent in anything

there is a cost to a civilized society

LiveLaughLove
12/16/2012, 11:04 PM
you guys sure get caught up in the law vs. what is right

you rail against abortion, but it's legal. how is making a case against the 2nd amendment any different?

That's easy. Abortion, while legal, is not in the Constitution. It falls under some vague "privacy" right. Which also isn't in the Constitution, but was "found" by an activist court.

The 2nd amendment is most definitely IN the Constitution. No doubt about it whatsoever.

They don't deserve the same weight, and one day I pray that wrong decision by the Supreme Court will be overturned.

The 2nd amendment cannot be overturned, it can only be ignored or abolished.

yermom
12/16/2012, 11:12 PM
logically, i don't see a lot of difference there, legally, sure, but not logically

OU_Sooners75
12/16/2012, 11:30 PM
Logically you don't see a difference? What?

SCOUT
12/17/2012, 01:29 AM
Liberal logic. If we outlaw abortions, people will get them anyway in the back alleys and we will still have abortions. So if we outlaw guns, people will magically not be able to get them.
And...Scene.

sappstuf
12/17/2012, 01:37 AM

lol

sappstuf
12/17/2012, 01:43 AM
Liberal logic. If we outlaw abortions, people will get them anyway in the back alleys and we will still have abortions. So if we outlaw guns, people will magically not be able to get them.

lol again.

Soonerfrog is the greatest straight man since Lou Costello.

jk the sooner fan
12/17/2012, 08:47 AM
yeah, because a few extra percent of my income would put a dent in anything

there is a cost to a civilized society

exactly why your comment is pure hollow BS....lip service, rhetoric

i dont know specifically what tax bracket you're in - but my guess is that it's one that makes your comment even more hollow than it was

yermom
12/17/2012, 11:24 AM
well, excuse me, Bruce

C&CDean
12/17/2012, 11:27 AM
Heh. And heh.

jk the sooner fan
12/17/2012, 11:35 AM
well, excuse me, Bruce

i promise i'm not in as high a tax bracket as you may think - although i probably do pay more in taxes - but thats not the point

Alan Dershowitz said the same thing, so did Warren Buffet - they both said "i'd be willing to pay more taxes"

then do it - otherwise STFU because it's all lip service - it's meaningless.......i haven't forgotten the question i asked you on another message board that you refused to answer.....i'll just assume the answer is no - which further proves my point

Midtowner
12/17/2012, 11:48 AM
That's easy. Abortion, while legal, is not in the Constitution. It falls under some vague "privacy" right. Which also isn't in the Constitution, but was "found" by an activist court.

Are you denying the existence of the 9th Amendment?

The 2nd amendment is most definitely IN the Constitution. No doubt about it whatsoever.

Very debatable that it was intended that every American be entitled to wear a semi-automatic hand cannon anywhere he or she desires. In fact, if that 2nd Amendment were so pervasive as some suggest, we need to take down the metal detectors at the Supreme Court building because the government doesn't apparently have the authority to tell you where you can or can't carry your hand cannon.

The 2nd amendment cannot be overturned, it can only be ignored or abolished.

Maybe we can look in more to what "militia" means and whether that whole concept is outdated since we now have a standing army and national guard which the framers never intended.

yermom
12/17/2012, 12:19 PM
i promise i'm not in as high a tax bracket as you may think - although i probably do pay more in taxes - but thats not the point

Alan Dershowitz said the same thing, so did Warren Buffet - they both said "i'd be willing to pay more taxes"

then do it - otherwise STFU because it's all lip service - it's meaningless.......i haven't forgotten the question i asked you on another message board that you refused to answer.....i'll just assume the answer is no - which further proves my point

does the Sooner Club count? :D

how about: eff.org, ACLU, American Cancer Society?

how hollow is it that i'm willing to pay more in my taxes, vs. saying that someone in a higher tax bracket should cover it? you think i don't pay taxes at all?

stoops the eternal pimp
12/17/2012, 12:30 PM
You know, I don't know what I am politically speaking..

I know I am a Christian that feels like it's necessary to take care of the poor, but then I feel like that is the church's role...and most churches aren't doing that..So then what?

jk the sooner fan
12/17/2012, 12:33 PM
I know I am a Christian

you're going to get yermom all riled up with that kind of talk

yermom
12/17/2012, 12:40 PM
STEP has never bothered me with his Christianity.

hell, i'm mostly playing Devil's Advocate here. i'm pro gun and anti-abortion, so it's not like i am really in this fight

stoops the eternal pimp
12/17/2012, 12:46 PM
I'm not even sure why i made this it was so long ago..http://imageshack.us/a/img152/5228/yermomku2.png

yermom
12/17/2012, 12:54 PM
heh. i vaguely remember this.

i'm pretty sure i said that in reference to not wanting to get up and go to church on Sunday mornings as a kid

C&CDean
12/17/2012, 01:06 PM

i'm pretty sure i said that in reference to not wanting to get up and go to church on Sunday mornings as a kid

I didn't mind getting up, but I hated going to church because Brother Gomph and Parziale felt it their duty to try and drag my young *** up to the altar and get me all saved and **** EVERY ****ING SUNDAY!! To this day, I disdain altar calls during church. Probably why I don't go.

olevetonahill
12/17/2012, 01:09 PM
I didn't mind getting up, but I hated going to church because Brother Gomph and Parziale felt it their duty to try and drag my young *** up to the altar and get me all saved and **** EVERY ****ING SUNDAY!! To this day, I disdain altar calls during church. Probably why I don't go.

You should take yer Gun next time, Bet they leave ya the **** alone then,:joyous:

yermom
12/17/2012, 01:31 PM

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?107910-So-how-do-you-decline

TheHumanAlphabet
12/17/2012, 03:03 PM

YOU have NO CONSTITUTIONAL right to children. I have a CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to BEAR ARMS! END OF STORY!!!

LiveLaughLove
12/17/2012, 03:15 PM
Are you denying the existence of the 9th Amendment?

Very debatable that it was intended that every American be entitled to wear a semi-automatic hand cannon anywhere he or she desires. In fact, if that 2nd Amendment were so pervasive as some suggest, we need to take down the metal detectors at the Supreme Court building because the government doesn't apparently have the authority to tell you where you can or can't carry your hand cannon.

Maybe we can look in more to what "militia" means and whether that whole concept is outdated since we now have a standing army and national guard which the framers never intended.

Nope, I'm denying the right to privacy that was "found" in the 9th has diddly squat to do with killing another human being. I'm saying it is vague and unclear and took 188 years to "find". So I guess for 188 years we lived unconstitutionally. Is that so? Ridiculous.

The rest is just liberal mindset pablum. The 2nd amendment has never been seriously challenged and government's have overstepped their bounds and been slapped down numerous times on it. There is no doubt outside of liberal elites what the 2nd amendment means and stands for.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/17/2012, 03:16 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?107910-So-how-do-you-decline

That thread is full of awesome and I miss all of the people in it.

yermom
12/17/2012, 03:31 PM
I DON'T UNDERSTAND LOGIC. LOUD NOISES!!!

LiveLaughLove
12/17/2012, 03:49 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Pagan-Christianity-Exploring-Church-Practices/dp/1414364555/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355777296&sr=8-1&keywords=pagan+christianity

For those that find the churches unacceptable.

Very interesting read.