PDA

View Full Version : Fox expands Sooner Sports TV nationwide

Boomer.....
12/13/2012, 05:49 PM
Available to more than 80 million homes and seen in the nation's 25 largest cities including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, San Diego and Dallas, FCS is carried by most major television service providers in premium subscription packages.

Big time!

http://www.soonersports.com/genrel/121312aac.html

aurorasooner
12/13/2012, 08:38 PM
Big time!

http://www.soonersports.com/genrel/121312aac.html SoonerSN has been available on FCSC for quite sometime. I don't know if this is an expansion for what they've got now, or it's just a press announcement for something that's been available for awhile. For instance Sooner Sports Talk is on now of FCSC on Comcast.
Hopefully, they'll expand the Sooner Classic Football games (and other of the old Big 8 and Big 12 classic football and BB games) because ESPiN Classic and ESPiNU never show hardly any of the Sooner Classic games (and zero where we win). It's been a while since I watched either of these 2 ESPiN channels because their programming is so lame. In BB season they don't show anything but basketball and after basketball season they very seldom show any classic football. In fact, if it weren't for their live programming during FB and BB season, I could do w/o ESPiN altogether.

nighttrain12
12/14/2012, 12:07 AM
I'd love to see a replay of the OU/Kansas Natl BB championship game.

WA. Sooner
12/14/2012, 02:34 AM
I get FCS out herein Seattle on Comcast. Just wished they would do it in HD.

badger
12/14/2012, 09:11 AM
If I get all of these lousy regional FS channels on U-verse anyways... might as well watch the Sooners on them! :D

BASSooner
12/15/2012, 07:38 PM
Does anyone know how much revenue this is projected to make?

LiveLaughLove
12/15/2012, 07:53 PM
meh. I'd rather the Big XII have a network like the B1Gs than have these individual ones personally.

I guess this is the second best thing though since UT would never relinquish the LHN thing.

badger
12/16/2012, 01:28 PM
Meanwhile, oklast plots to remove all poke athletics from tv so that fans are forced to buy season tickets.

Fox: we would love to broadcast you
Poke: no.
Fox: money? Recruiting? Fan service?
Poke: no
Fox: are u blaming us for bad basketball attendance? Cuz not going to the tourney in so long will also decrease attendance.
Poke: leave me alone!
Fox: is it the gooner loss? I thought u all were used to that happening by now...
Poke: :(

8timechamps
12/16/2012, 04:29 PM
Did I miss some announcement, or has this been available since the beginning of the football season? I've had it on one of the FCS networks since the season started, so maybe this is just their "Grand Opening" after they've been open for awhile.

tycat947
12/16/2012, 08:36 PM
I believe it was initially announced that SoonerSports Network would be on Fox Sports in Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas and Louisiana and there would be times when events were telecast nationally. Also, if you have Fox Sports Oklahoma, Southwest or whatever the other alternate channel was anywhere in the country you'd be able to view the content. I think this is an expansion to televise on Fox Sports Pacific, Atlantic and others all over the country so going from 9M homes to 80M homes is pretty significant in my books! Boomer Sooner!

Midtowner
12/16/2012, 09:11 PM
Unfortunate. I really think Fox's production quality, announcers, etc. are subpar.

picasso
12/17/2012, 01:41 AM
Compared to?

I can give you just as many blowhard goobers on the other networks.

ouflak
12/17/2012, 03:52 AM
Now if they could just find a way to expand this internationally, notably Europe, more notably England....

badger
12/17/2012, 09:12 AM
Now if they could just find a way to expand this internationally, notably Europe, more notably England....

did you see the new espn ad with the man-u and man-city fans? It was AWESOME.
sfrGaTV217g

PS: I can only understand half the words, so if you have the time, can you provide a translation for us across the pond? :)

nutinbutdust
12/17/2012, 09:53 AM
PS: I can only understand half the words, so if you have the time, can you provide a translation for us across the pond? :)[/QUOTE]

All I can say is I am glad I wasnt born over there(points at stoolwater).

nutinbutdust
12/17/2012, 10:03 AM
http://youtu.be/0H5ifFcCMDM

The definitions help a little.

ouflak
12/17/2012, 12:22 PM
:D

Believe me, I'm not exaggerating. They sometimes can't even understand each other over here! Not even people who have grown up in the same neighborhood and everything.

I'm going to have to run this one by a couple of my colleagues. Some of these words are a bit stronger in language than you might think. I knew 'git' and 'tod'.