PDA

View Full Version : Catfish - The movie/TV show

8timechamps
12/11/2012, 10:41 PM
Wow.

I saw the movie when it was first released, and was not sure it was real. I must have been pretty naive to think that it would be hard to pretend to be someone you aren't (in an intimate relationship). But, now that I've seen a couple of the TV shows (on MTV), it's pretty clear that there are a lot of those situations going on. What I just can't comprehend is how you could get involved with someone knowing that at some point the house of cards is going to fall.

achiro
12/11/2012, 11:42 PM
I've seen a couple of those episodes. I'm sorry but a girl that is "in love" with a dude she's known for 8 months (or 10 years) on the net, but never met in person has some serious issues.

Boomer.....
12/12/2012, 08:45 AM
They get so wrapped up in the "relationship" that they don't want to see the truth. There's obviously a reason why they wont do the video talk with you or visit you in person.

8timechamps
12/12/2012, 03:27 PM
I've seen a couple of those episodes. I'm sorry but a girl that is "in love" with a dude she's known for 8 months (or 10 years) on the net, but never met in person has some serious issues.

Yep.

They get so wrapped up in the "relationship" that they don't want to see the truth. There's obviously a reason why they wont do the video talk with you or visit you in person.

That's what I am thinking. If I were in that position, I'd like to think that I would be smart enough to see the red flags.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/12/2012, 04:20 PM
Jeremy Wade doesn't just catch catfish. my fave was the Giant Tigerfish he got on the Congo River.