PDA

View Full Version : Poor these guys: Unluckiest of 2012?

badger
12/11/2012, 02:38 PM
Live board, you're soooo dead.

Take info from here. (http://insider.espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8720311/michigan-state-spartans-oklahoma-state-cowboys-unluckiest-teams-ncf) Vote for the ONE team who had the most rotten luck in all of 2012.

Poor those guys. You also can write-in an option.

Anonymous voting.

Wishboned
12/11/2012, 03:05 PM
Pokes are never unlucky. They just suck.

FirstandGoal
12/11/2012, 03:08 PM
Not sure if they were unlucky or just overrated, but I had to go with WVU.

yermom
12/11/2012, 03:20 PM
i'm going with OU, from being one quarter away from playing in Miami to getting shut out of the BCS by NIU

i guess things could be worse though. we could be Colorado or Kansas

or THE Ohio State

8timechamps
12/11/2012, 06:52 PM
i'm going with OU, from being one quarter away from playing in Miami to getting shut out of the BCS by NIU

i guess things could be worse though. we could be Colorado or Kansas

or THE Ohio State

I'd have to go with OU simply because of injuries (again). I know every team has them, blah, blah, blah...but after last year, I really thought the Sooners would get a break. Not so much.

ouflak
12/12/2012, 03:03 AM
Going with UTEP. It seemed like they had a lot of winnable games right in their grasp. But I guess thoughts of retirement and peaceful living managed to drift through subconsciously to the team in the 3rd and 4th quarters, and game after game just slipped away. Just a bit of luck here or there could have won them a few of those and maybe got them to a bowl. Oh well.

And yeah, some honorable mention must go to Ohio State. All that cheating and no BCS title. Finally get an undefeated season with a relatively more modestly talented team and they might as well throw this 'special' season into the garbage.

texas bandman
12/12/2012, 09:05 AM
tOSU,to go undefeated when you're on probation is extremely unlucky....funny, but unlucky.

KantoSooner
12/12/2012, 09:39 AM
Arkie.
They were all of that and a bag of chips and then the roof fell in.

badger
12/12/2012, 10:01 AM
I agree. ESPN's nominees suck. I'll do a poll with all of your guys' nominees later this week on both lucky/not-lucky.

ouflak
12/12/2012, 10:44 AM
I agree. ESPN's nominees suck. I'll do a poll with all of your guys' nominees later this week on both lucky/not-lucky.

Well not all of them. Michigan State managed to eek out some losses against certain odds of victory, no question. And that whole bit of nonsense with tOSU sending them useless game tapes cost them atleast a day of proper study. They just get some proper unaltered game film and they maybe have enough to beat tOSU.

The problem with Gundy OSU teams is that they have always pretty much relied on their ability to win a shootout. Sure they had a good year last year, and have had a few games that were exceptions to this, but overall their pattern is obvious. And in a league where you have a handful of teams capable of winning a shootout on any given Saturday, someone is going to lose. It would be different if they finally fielded a defense that was holding teams to 15 points per game and all of their 5 losses were 21 - 20 last minute field goal type games or 23 - 20 losses on overtime scampers into the endzone :D . But this has been a fairly typical Gundy OSU year, no luck about it.

Michigan, from what I've seen and observed, pretty much played to the level they are capable of, not under or over achieving. They could have maybe notched up another win, but not much more realistically.

BYU??? Maybe that's based on a close game with Notre Dame?

Cincinnati. Ok... they lost a tough controversial game I guess and fell into a skid. But if you are worth your salt, and really have the talent and the coaching that you are hyped to have, you fight through that sort of thing. Luck isn't a reason to fall into a skid. An injured key player, a distracting scandal, a sudden coaching change, ... those are excuses to maybe fall into a skid. Not just losing one game you should have won.

SoonerDood
12/12/2012, 12:11 PM
Gets ND on the schedule. Best team in 15 years. #badlucksooners
Holds KSU to 270 total yards. Commits 3 TOs and loses by 5. #badlucksooners

PrideMom
12/12/2012, 12:30 PM
OU not getting into a BCS Bowl.

IslandSooner
12/12/2012, 01:15 PM
Write-in........... Western Kentucky, for hiring Petrino :-)

Scott D
12/12/2012, 03:10 PM
I wrote in Fresno St. they got no pub for finishing 9-3 in a new "tougher" conference with a new head coach.

I was going to say Arky for a bit...but when you bring in John L. Smith to coach your team, you get what you deserve.

Soonerjeepman
12/12/2012, 03:21 PM
OU..we lose 3 O linemen before the yr starts...seriously?

Jacie
12/12/2012, 08:50 PM
West Virginia.

From 2011's 10-3 to 2012's 6-5 (welcome to the Pinstripe Bowl!), preseason Top 10 darling to also ran, that losing streak must have been a kick in the crotch (and if there were justice in this life, Stewie would have lived long enough to see Holgorsen's team fail).

Salt City Sooner
12/12/2012, 11:15 PM
West Virginia.

From 2011's 10-3 to 2012's 6-5 (welcome to the Pinstripe Bowl!), preseason Top 10 darling to also ran, that losing streak must have been a kick in the crotch (and if there were justice in this life, Stewie would have lived long enough to see Holgorseon's team fail).
Agreed. The bad thing though, would've been that he'd have had to have lived through watching Holgerson's team put up 70 in a BCS game.