PDA

View Full Version : Poke OC named So. Miss head coach

SoonerLaw09
12/10/2012, 06:14 PM
http://newsok.com/oklahoma-state-offensive-coordinator-todd-monken-named-head-coach-at-southern-miss/article/3736427

Wishboned
12/10/2012, 06:22 PM
Pokes will probably point to the superiority of their coaches and claim it was another job that Stoops wasn't offered.

SoonerLaw09
12/10/2012, 06:25 PM
And, when the Eagles win a few games next season they'll call him a miracle worker. Course, they'll ignore the fact that USM went 0-fer this year and that there's no place to go but up from there...

Judge Smails
12/10/2012, 06:40 PM
And, when the Eagles win a few games next season they'll call him a miracle worker. Course, they'll ignore the fact that USM went 0-fer this year and that there's no place to go but up from there...

I think they call that a TEAM ON THE RISE!

Pricetag
12/10/2012, 07:03 PM
Gundy already has his next evil offensive genius lined up, I'm sure.

olevetonahill
12/10/2012, 07:39 PM
Its the Gumby Coaching dynasty growing

bluedogok
12/10/2012, 10:02 PM
They were 12-2 in Fedora's last season there, the new guy went 0-fer after that, why he only lasted one season. I guess they think that OSU-OC's have been good for USM,

Breadburner
12/10/2012, 10:09 PM
Dana's playbook gets passed to the next dildo......

Soonerfan88
12/10/2012, 10:51 PM
Already rumors that Mike is trying to get Cale to be his next OC.

sooneron
12/10/2012, 11:21 PM
Some sort of source of rumor on the Cale thing, plzkthnx.

picasso
12/10/2012, 11:57 PM
I think Monken is actually a pretty good coach. A prick, but a good coach.

VA Sooner
12/11/2012, 07:31 AM
He's do well there... relatively speaking. More competition for the southeast...

kevpks
12/11/2012, 07:59 AM
I hope their new OC appreciates their rich tradition of sucking at football.

Soonerfan88
12/11/2012, 09:21 AM
Rumors come from the internet, of course. I've seen it on a couple of message boards. Probably started by someone speculating on twitter. Isn't that the ultimate source for everything today?

I'm not plugged in to the aggy world but am curious - is Gundy still the actual OC but hires someone in name because Boone doesn't like the dual role?

cleller
12/11/2012, 09:31 AM
I went to Go Pokes to see what they had to say about finding a replacement for Monken. This one is priceless:

"Monken kinda came out of nowhere after Holgersen left. Steal Kliff Kingsbury from A&M?"

Who knows, maybe it was intended as a knee slapper. Yet some of them were even suggesting Mangino.

One suggestion that did make some since was Wickline. I know little about him, other that most believe he has done a great job with what he was given. Mangino made that jump here.

SoonerLaw09
12/11/2012, 10:12 AM
I don't see how a guy who spells his name like a convenience store can be taken seriously as a coach.

CowboyMRW
12/11/2012, 01:10 PM
Rumors come from the internet, of course. I've seen it on a couple of message boards. Probably started by someone speculating on twitter. Isn't that the ultimate source for everything today?

I'm not plugged in to the aggy world but am curious - is Gundy still the actual OC but hires someone in name because Boone doesn't like the dual role?

No Gundy hasn't called plays since Dana arrived.

I went to Go Pokes to see what they had to say about finding a replacement for Monken. This one is priceless:

"Monken kinda came out of nowhere after Holgersen left. Steal Kliff Kingsbury from A&M?"

Who knows, maybe it was intended as a knee slapper. Yet some of them were even suggesting Mangino.

One suggestion that did make some since was Wickline. I know little about him, other that most believe he has done a great job with what he was given. Mangino made that jump here.

Wickline has stated that he didn't want the job. He's content just being the OL coach where he is one of, if not the best OL coaches in the nation.

It was stated that Meacham has been being groomed to eventually take over as OC. We'll see if Gundy hands him the reins or not.

NMSooner'80
12/11/2012, 01:37 PM
As someone on another OU board said, it looks like Monken really did get tired of living in the Sooner State....

picasso
12/11/2012, 02:11 PM
Wickline has stated that he didn't want the job. He's content just being the OL coach where he is one of, if not the best OL coaches in the nation.

Wow. You've only made this stupid statement on here at least ten times.

We get it. In your warped poke brain you think you have one of the best position coaches in the country. Wank it.

birddog
12/11/2012, 02:33 PM
Gotta give it to Grundy for handling the coaching carousel. He loses coaches every year it seems, yet he's been able to keep competitive. Ugh. I feel gross now for complimenting him

picasso
12/11/2012, 03:17 PM
Gotta give it to Grundy for handling the coaching carousel. He loses coaches every year it seems, yet he's been able to keep competitive. Ugh. I feel gross now for complimenting him
Well, the best thing he's done for his offense is to stop calling the plays himself.

sooneron
12/11/2012, 03:39 PM
^ THAT

toast
12/11/2012, 05:29 PM
I'm sure the World's Most Powerful Offense will find someone to call its plays - afterall, how hard can it be? [insert obligatory that's what she said reference here]

stoops the eternal pimp
12/12/2012, 05:15 PM
Nice presser for Monken..The guy knows his stuff and how to motivate players.

Word is that just recently former OC at Mizzou david yost has been offered by gundy for the job and will most likely take it.

goingoneight
12/12/2012, 06:48 PM
Chase Daniel's OC? Heh... nice. Bob likes poor play-fakes and QBs who lock their knees in the pocket. Bring it on. :D

StoopTroup
12/12/2012, 10:40 PM
Stoolwater is teh center of the universe for boys who hope to become men when they turn 40.

NorthernIowaSooner
12/12/2012, 11:35 PM
Heh, from Wikipedia on Monken,

Todd Monken likes to run his mouth.[4]

I'm sure that won't last long but it is kind of funny. Made me laugh when I saw it.

picasso
12/13/2012, 01:11 AM
Heh, from Wikipedia on Monken,

Todd Monken likes to run his mouth.[4]

I'm sure that won't last long but it is kind of funny. Made me laugh when I saw it.
I still think Landry should have grabbed his junk and shook it at him after the Poke game this season.

cleller
12/13/2012, 08:20 AM
Nice presser for Monken..The guy knows his stuff and how to motivate players.

Word is that just recently former OC at Mizzou david yost has been offered by gundy for the job and will most likely take it.

Heard this on the radio yesterday. Apparently this Yost guy is a strange and strange looking cat.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/21244945/missouri-oc-david-yost-steps-down-for-personal-reasons