PDA

View Full Version : Powell Arrested on Felony Drug Charges.

Ruf/Nek7
12/10/2012, 01:31 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8732595/suspended-oklahoma-sooners-cb-joe-powell-faces-felony-pot-charges

I guess we know why he was booted now. These guys are idiots.

badger
12/10/2012, 01:45 PM
Kids really need to come up with a new line --- "Just holding it for someone else" is getting too predictably false.

Better one-liners:
- I was just on my way to calling you, officers!
- You mean this box DOESN'T contain shoes? I ordered SHOES from California, not drugs!
- This box isn't even addressed to me! My name is John Doe! See? Right here on my ID which also confirms that I am old enough to buy beer
- (While eating it) Les Miles is my hero. I like to eat grass, not smoke it. Om nom nom nom

LiveLaughLove
12/10/2012, 02:07 PM
Yeah, I'm an old fogie, but I'm not liking this trend. Bob needs to clean house. If he doesn't andcuddles our ignores it, he's heading for a sports illustrated cover that he's not going to like.

I'm sure he has a good idea of the ones doing this crap. Get 'em out.

cherokeebrewer
12/10/2012, 02:17 PM
Bob needs to clean house.

I thought he already cleaned house...

badger
12/10/2012, 02:19 PM
Yeah, I'm an old fogie, but I'm not liking this trend. Bob needs to clean house. If he doesn't andcuddles our ignores it, he's heading for a sports illustrated cover that he's not going to like.

He cleaned house last offseason. The problems are probably stemmed from the fact that the new areas he's got recruiting pipelines to (read: California) are such hippie weed smoking areas... and if Washington state gets away with personal pot use allowing, imagine what problems they'll have up there with players smoking (even second-hand).

EatLeadCommie
12/10/2012, 02:24 PM
Kids really need to come up with a new line --- "Just holding it for someone else" is getting too predictably false.

Better one-liners:
- I was just on my way to calling you, officers!
- You mean this box DOESN'T contain shoes? I ordered SHOES from California, not drugs!
- This box isn't even addressed to me! My name is John Doe! See? Right here on my ID which also confirms that I am old enough to buy beer
- (While eating it) Les Miles is my hero. I like to eat grass, not smoke it. Om nom nom nom

The real question here is how does he have a Cali connection for the weed?

BoulderSooner79
12/10/2012, 02:27 PM
He cleaned house last offseason. The problems are probably stemmed from the fact that the new areas he's got recruiting pipelines to (read: California) are such hippie weed smoking areas... and if Washington state gets away with personal pot use allowing, imagine what problems they'll have up there with players smoking (even second-hand).

Or from Texas (Powell was from Dallas). Got to stop recruiting those 2 places.

badger
12/10/2012, 02:47 PM
Or from Texas (Powell was from Dallas). Got to stop recruiting those 2 places.

the sec already has that state. so we either have to join the sec or legalize pot in Oklahoma. Which is more likely :)

BoulderSooner79
12/10/2012, 03:14 PM
the sec already has that state. so we either have to join the sec or legalize pot in Oklahoma. Which is more likely :)

I could see Oklahoma legalizing pot in say, the next century. :) But even then, I doubt 4lbs would be accepted.

SoonerMom2
12/10/2012, 03:14 PM
Powell is not from California. CA is not made up of a bunch of pot smoking hippies today. We used to live there and they are same people you will find in Middle America once you get away from LA and SF. I thought Powell was from Dallas.

Seamus
12/10/2012, 03:19 PM
Yes, because only hippies smoke marijuana.

You people need to stop acting like Dragnet was a documentary.

8timechamps
12/10/2012, 03:31 PM

Don't you know that only hippies chase the dragon?!

8timechamps
12/10/2012, 03:32 PM

badger
12/10/2012, 03:46 PM

badger
12/10/2012, 03:46 PM
PS: everyone please stop taking everything on here so literally. it's the ****ing internet, and on top of that, this is a message board, not a research paper full of citations

budbarrybob
12/10/2012, 03:47 PM
OU looking like Smoke U. You read it here first instead of Orange Power.com. smh

8timechamps
12/10/2012, 03:56 PM

Damn double post!

Seamus
12/10/2012, 04:01 PM
Don't I know that only hippies chase the dragon?!

nutinbutdust
12/10/2012, 04:05 PM
Maybe we should get rid of the horse pigs.
http://dailyscene.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/marijuana-halloween-costume.jpg

but srsly WTF? do we have a new bunch of players that smoke or are they just getting caught?

EatLeadCommie
12/10/2012, 04:06 PM
Powell is not from California. CA is not made up of a bunch of pot smoking hippies today. We used to live there and they are same people you will find in Middle America once you get away from LA and SF. I thought Powell was from Dallas.

Correct. So who hooked him up with the Cali connection for weed?

badger
12/10/2012, 04:06 PM
Maybe we should get rid of the horse pigs.

but srsly

Wait... you weren't serious? BAN THE HORSE PIGS!!!!!

SicEmBaylor
12/10/2012, 04:08 PM

A much better idea is for Oklahoma to end its draconian marijuana policy that makes criminals out of people who wouldn't otherwise be breaking the law.

badger
12/10/2012, 04:09 PM
A much better idea is for Oklahoma to end its draconian marijuana policy that makes criminals out of people who wouldn't otherwise be breaking the law.

we'd probably have a lot less females incarcerated here if that were the case... then again, the drug of choice sadly seems to be meth lately :(

nutinbutdust
12/10/2012, 04:10 PM
Wait... you weren't serious? BAN THE HORSE PIGS!!!!!

good thing we arent playing stanford, or the whole band would probably dress like that pic i posted.

8timechamps
12/10/2012, 04:57 PM
Did anyone else laugh when they saw that the dealer used FedEx as his shipping partner?

Widescreen
12/10/2012, 04:58 PM
Did anyone else laugh when they saw that the dealer used FedEx as his shipping partner?
Yes. I hope Powell paid for the extra insurance.

olevetonahill
12/10/2012, 05:06 PM

Then again we could end the law against Bank robbin that makes criminals out of people who wouldn't otherwise be breaking the law.

Jason White's Third Knee
12/10/2012, 05:06 PM
FYI, "chasing the dragon" is a phrase that refers to any subsequent usage of an opiate, not being as good as the first time. You try it. It's AMAZING and forever you want to feel like that again. You chase the dragon.

I used it jokingly about marijuana. No one chases the dragon w MJ. Well, except a few of our players apparently.

Glad I could help.

SicEmBaylor
12/10/2012, 05:09 PM
Then again we could end the law against Bank robbin that makes criminals out of people who wouldn't otherwise be breaking the law.

The difference is, bank robbing is stealing someone else's property. Pot smoking is not an inherently criminal act as it does no harm to anyone else or anyone else's property.

olevetonahill
12/10/2012, 05:14 PM
The difference is, bank robbing is stealing someone else's property. Pot smoking is not an inherently criminal act as it does no harm to anyone else or anyone else's property.

But then again we could do away with those pesky Murder laws and I could get to killin arseholes who so desperately need killin :highly_amused:

BoulderSooner79
12/10/2012, 05:51 PM

"When it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight."
"It's not just a package, it's your business"

and

"It's the end of your scholarship, and the start of your prison term."

Judge Smails
12/10/2012, 06:38 PM

Blueboy. LOL

Wishboned
12/10/2012, 06:43 PM

Good luck. They didn't enact liquor by the drink until 1984.

8timechamps
12/10/2012, 07:15 PM
FYI, "chasing the dragon" is a phrase that refers to any subsequent usage of an opiate, not being as good as the first time. You try it. It's AMAZING and forever you want to feel like that again. You chase the dragon.

I used it jokingly about marijuana. No one chases the dragon w MJ. Well, except a few of our players apparently.

Glad I could help.

THAT'S why I used it (I saw that in the other thread). THAT'S what makes it so funny!

Did you ever see the South Park episode about Guitar Hero? Classic!

LiveLaughLove
12/10/2012, 07:34 PM
I thought he already cleaned house...

I think he just dusted the shelves last year. Rearranged a few nick nacks.

I don't think he gave it the old spit and polish general quarters inspection about to happen cleaning.

LiveLaughLove
12/10/2012, 07:36 PM

As was said by someone much more astute than I, 4 freaking pounds is gonna be illegal for a very long time into the future.

jkjsooner
12/10/2012, 07:39 PM
I wonder if the friend who lived at the destination even knew the package was being delivered tO his house. If not then Powell put him at risk which is a slimy thing to do to say the least.

That's how that mayor in Maryland got held at gunpoint and his dogs killed by police. Imagine that. The stupid sheriff department had no clue that some could use your house as a delivery point for drugs and when people get a random fedex box they're probably going to accept it.

jkjsooner
12/10/2012, 07:42 PM
As was said by someone much more astute than I, 4 freaking pounds is gonna be illegal for a very long time into the future.

Not necessarily. If small amounts becomes legal to purchase and if licensed sellers are authorized then there will be almost no incentive for other avenues of distribution and nobody will care if some dude has four pounds.

Seamus
12/10/2012, 07:46 PM

I dunno about that, but I want my DBs to be hungry and to clear up any glaucoma-related vision problems.

I Am Right
12/10/2012, 08:18 PM
What the Frick, I just cant believe those entitled athletes.

I Am Right
12/10/2012, 08:19 PM
Get Rid of em scholarships and all!!!!!!!

FirstandGoal
12/10/2012, 08:58 PM
I dunno about that, but I want my DBs to be hungry and to clear up any glaucoma-related vision problems.

So NOW we know what the problem has been with the defense these last few years.

****, I thought we were just recruiting duds. Now the problem is that they're all mellow and laid back during games.

Hell, if they're gonna do illegal drugs, why can't they go do some crystal meth before a game? Might actually make them somewhat scary to the opposition.

bluedogok
12/10/2012, 09:55 PM
I wonder if the friend who lived at the destination even knew the package was being delivered tO his house. If not then Powell put him at risk which is a slimy thing to do to say the least.

That's how that mayor in Maryland got held at gunpoint and his dogs killed by police. Imagine that. The stupid sheriff department had no clue that some could use your house as a delivery point for drugs and when people get a random fedex box they're probably going to accept it.
...or have it delivered with no signature required while the occupants are typically away (at work) and go by after tracking shows it has been dropped off before occupants get home.

Soonerjeepman
12/10/2012, 10:49 PM
guess we know who he was planning on selling to....ugh~ (yes that was a joke)

BoulderSooner79
12/10/2012, 11:16 PM

Best post nominee!

PalmBeachSooner
12/11/2012, 12:09 PM
Correct. So who hooked him up with the Cali connection for weed?

Mail order?

goingoneight
12/11/2012, 12:51 PM
Our retarded country still thinks marijuana will lead you to terrorism. At least among the lawmakers who decide way more dangerous things are legal. That said, if there's a law/rule in place not to smoke or deal the ganj... you get no sympathy from me for getting busted doing it. I have to stay sober to keep a job and make a living. Apparently life of a college football player isn't quite as tough as it's advertised if you have time to do that stuff.

cherokeebrewer
12/11/2012, 02:09 PM
"yah mon, smoke i di ganja all day long"