PDA

View Full Version : Doomsday Preppeers

diverdog
12/9/2012, 10:42 PM
Have any of you guys watched the show called Doomsday Preppers on National Geographic Channel?

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/doomsday-preppers/

I am not an extreme prepper by any stretch of the imagination but I do find the show interesting. Part of the reason is that over the last year or so I have become almost fanatical about learning about wilderness self reliance, bushcraft and other backcountry skills. And to a certain extent I do keep some supplies on hand for a natural disaster like a Hurricane or bad Nor'Easter. I do not think I have more than a few weeks of food in the house. For the first time I have actually been developing a bug out bag after Sandy. It isn't some zombie apocalypse bag but more of one with some food, extra cash, first aid supplies, flash light, batteries, make shift shelter etc. The bag is mostly designed to throw in the car in case we have to evacuate from a hurricane.

I am also concerned about our electrical grid being taken down. Not sure how to plan for that scenario but it does concern me. So I have been thinking about stocking up a little bit to have a couple of weeks of supplies around the house. We do have a generator and fuel. Plus I keep 15-20 gallons of kerosene in case we need to use the heaters. Where I live I am very fortunate because the town cop is a block away, Walmart two miles away, great orchard/veggie farm two miles, a hospital two miles a way and we have a liquor store in walking distance. So I am pretty secure if I have to walk to get supplies.

Anyway, I would be curious if any one else does any planning or am I just being a little paranoid?

DD

olevetonahill
12/9/2012, 11:51 PM
I try to stay limber enough so I can just bend over enough to kiss my azz goodbye

StoopTroup
12/10/2012, 12:27 AM
Bugging out sounds like the best idea under most scenarios that don't have anything to do with multiple mass areas collapsing into gang type mauraders and no power/food/gas ect.

If say you live in OKC and Tulsa, KC, Little Rock, Memphis and all of Texas and Louisianna are all screwed up then having some wilderness skills and a nice trailer with a few months supplies might be something to have especially if you have some Family that have a farm or live out in the boonies. They might be happy if you bring them a lot of staple goods to go with the regular food sources their Farm provides. Also if you have weapons and a nice supply of ammo and a good med kit with OTC goods that would help if folks got sick or injured. Going it alone though...I think that's stupid unless you are highly trained for such circumstances.

After some time....unless you are really lucky...the folks with the biggest guns are probably going to either politely ask you to join them or just take everything and leave you for dead.

These folks that have these expensive underground units are a supply store for the bad guys IMO.

picasso
12/10/2012, 02:02 AM
I go to the free clinic every January. Whether I been hoein' around or not.

Chuck Bao
12/10/2012, 03:29 AM
I am paranoid enough to do some contingency planning for worst case scenarios. I have even been known to hoard food and medicine and booze.

I've had some bad experiences. Following the '91 coup d'état in Thailand, nobody was supposed to be out of pocket after nightfall. However, a group of friends (all expatriates) decided that my apartment was the place to be, probably because I kept enough booze for us to not care either way. Yeah, most of us had moved around the same time from Hong Kong and we all quite liked the typhoon parties and not having to work the next day and we all had the feeling that Thai politics would be the same sort of deal. It was indeed fun until the next morning and my hung over house guests decided that they were hungry and I had to start banging on the closed mom & pop shops in the neighborhood and got one to slide a loaf of bread under their shop house metal grill for the equivalent of $10. Yeah, I’m a sucker, but I’ll never go through that again and subsequently stocked my pantry with at least a month’s supply of canned goods.

That was nothing compared to my next paranoid trip into insanity. I read a government press release warning Thais not to hoard the anti-flu medicine, Tamiflu. In effect, this just told me that I’d better get my butt in gear and start hoarding. It was truly scary during the worst of the bird flu mass hysteria. My adopted family in the provinces woke up one morning and all of their chickens were dead, many of them dropped dead in their front yard. Their grandkids were playing outside just the evening before. This happened throughout the country and you can imagine the immediate panic and the run on medicine. Nobody was even sure if Tamiflu was an effective medicine. Regardless, there was a sudden shortage of Tamiflu and prices immediately went crazy. At one point, I was buying them $10 per pill from my secretary’s cousin’s brother-in-law or some stupid relationship to someone getting rich off the scare.

So today, I’d do my apocalypse planning differently. I’d still hoard food, medicine and booze, but I’d definitely hoard more booze just in case the other two don’t pan out.

sappstuf
12/10/2012, 03:29 AM
It will all be for naught when we are all zapped by a massive solar storm.

I will be laughing at the preppers for wasting their time as I am vomiting up blood and watching my skin slough off..

diverdog
12/10/2012, 07:09 AM
It will all be for naught when we are all zapped by a massive solar storm.

I will be laughing at the preppers for wasting their time as I am vomiting up blood and watching my skin slough off..

It is pretty funny watching the show and they give the odds of something actually happening. Most of the scenarios the preppers are prepping for have a fraction of a percent of actually happening. In other words it is a colossal waste of money.

olevetonahill
12/10/2012, 07:22 AM
It is pretty funny watching the show and they give the odds of something actually happening. Most of the scenarios the preppers are prepping for have a fraction of a percent of actually happening. In other words it is a colossal waste of money.

Never watched that show, Fer that matter i dont watch any of em.
My gut feelin about that kinda shat is they are idiots. I have food and water Purification tabs a few guns etc. But I aint going anywhere, If the shat hits the Fan its gonna be MY blades doing the slingin.
Jes sayin

Ive said for years "Ive got what I need to GET what I need,"

diverdog
12/10/2012, 12:55 PM
Never watched that show, Fer that matter i dont watch any of em.
My gut feelin about that kinda shat is they are idiots. I have food and water Purification tabs a few guns etc. But I aint going anywhere, If the shat hits the Fan its gonna be MY blades doing the slingin.
Jes sayin

Ive said for years "Ive got what I need to GET what I need,"

One of the things I have really gotten into is testing knives for field work. So far I have found a few that are really great. For the money Mora makes a great knife. Fallkiven f1 or the ESEE 6 or RATT Ontario. My favorite knife is one I have from BHK.

achiro
12/10/2012, 01:01 PM
One of the things I have really gotten into is testing knives for field work. So far I have found a few that are really great. For the money Mora makes a great knife. Fallkiven f1 or the ESEE 6 or RATT Ontario. My favorite knife is one I have from BHK.
What does one do to test a knife for field work?

Tulsa_Fireman
12/10/2012, 01:59 PM
Stab people.

diverdog
12/10/2012, 02:09 PM
What does one do to test a knife for field work?

Basically using it for bushcraft...shelter building, fire making, batonning wood, skinning critters and tool making. The biggest thing is using in situations where most knives break like splitting wood. No knife is a one tool option but some are better than others.

I have gotten to the point that I can travel pretty light in the backcountry if I choose to do so.

olevetonahill
12/10/2012, 02:19 PM
I tested mine in Nam
http://www.vaguntrader.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/download/Number/46046/filename/Pilot%20survival%20knife.jpg

diverdog
12/10/2012, 02:35 PM
I tested mine in Nam
http://www.vaguntrader.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/download/Number/46046/filename/Pilot%20survival%20knife.jpg

I am not a big fan of kbar knives except for a recent production of a kbar pocket knife. I know that the kbar fighting knife is legendary but as a tool for my use it is limited.

olevetonahill
12/10/2012, 02:39 PM
Ive used it for over 40 years Never let me down. I also carry a Swiss army knife if Im out in the woods. I cant think of much I need to do that those wont do it.

diverdog
12/10/2012, 03:02 PM
Ive used it for over 40 years Never let me down. I also carry a Swiss army knife if Im out in the woods. I cant think of much I need to do that those wont do it.

I think it comes down to weight. My normal trips are 4 days/ 50 plus miles and I just do not want to carry it. No doubt a great knife. My pocket knife is made by queen cutlery.

TheHumanAlphabet
12/10/2012, 04:41 PM

Here in lies the rub...What do you do to prepare for the low probablity/high consequence event?

FirstandGoal
12/10/2012, 09:02 PM
Have any of you guys watched the show called Doomsday Preppers on National Geographic Channel?

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/doomsday-preppers/

I am not an extreme prepper by any stretch of the imagination but I do find the show interesting. Part of the reason is that over the last year or so I have become almost fanatical about learning about wilderness self reliance, bushcraft and other backcountry skills. And to a certain extent I do keep some supplies on hand for a natural disaster like a Hurricane or bad Nor'Easter. I do not think I have more than a few weeks of food in the house. For the first time I have actually been developing a bug out bag after Sandy. It isn't some zombie apocalypse bag but more of one with some food, extra cash, first aid supplies, flash light, batteries, make shift shelter etc. The bag is mostly designed to throw in the car in case we have to evacuate from a hurricane.

I am also concerned about our electrical grid being taken down. Not sure how to plan for that scenario but it does concern me. So I have been thinking about stocking up a little bit to have a couple of weeks of supplies around the house. We do have a generator and fuel. Plus I keep 15-20 gallons of kerosene in case we need to use the heaters. Where I live I am very fortunate because the town cop is a block away, Walmart two miles away, great orchard/veggie farm two miles, a hospital two miles a way and we have a liquor store in walking distance. So I am pretty secure if I have to walk to get supplies.

Anyway, I would be curious if any one else does any planning or am I just being a little paranoid?

DD

First stop: liquor store.

Anything after that is optional.

olevetonahill
12/10/2012, 09:05 PM
First stop: liquor store.

Anything after that is optional.

Ya also got to get Bread an Lunch meat and stuff to make me sammiches

KABOOKIE
12/10/2012, 09:28 PM
My strategy is to have just enough guns and ammo to kill a prepper.

BigTip
12/10/2012, 09:32 PM
I am torn on the whole thing. I have always been an ounce of prevention kind of guy, but for an apocalypse, I have about decided that I really don't want to live in the aftermath. So why waste resources now on that.

I do like the plenty of booze option so that the end is tolerable.

olevetonahill
12/10/2012, 09:38 PM

:highly_amused:

Soonerjeepman
12/10/2012, 10:47 PM

LOL...nice one. That is my plan as well!

Actually a buddy has about 25 acres 20 min away. With my jeep I can drive off road...about anywhere to get there. Take the guns, kids and what food I have and head there. He has a ****load of guns, cousins/nephews that are cops/meds...we have already talked about having a "compound" there. Prob about 30 folks lots of guns.

Or GF has 160 acre family farm 2 hours away....some relatives, and a safe FULL of guns and ammo (her dad was a big time hunter)....either way I think I'm ok....I HOPE.

KantoSooner
12/11/2012, 10:22 AM
Have you ever noticed how in all the 'morning after' movies and books there are relatively small numbers of people out there? What happened to the big cities, the relatively densely populated countryside?
Any serious cataclysm will be followed by massive violence. If you're a kindly enough person to chat on a football board, you're likely not vicious enough to survive. So, we'll all be dead and the world will be dominated by Mexican drug lords and their posses. Preparation is a waste of time. Humans need sleep. Zombies don't.

C&CDean
12/11/2012, 11:02 AM
I am not a "prepper" and have never seen the show. However, through normal living I'd probably be called one by the more ignorant folks about.

Guns. I have lots. Lots and lots. Buy/trade them all the time. Couldn't give a number, but a ballpark would probably be 50 or so. Got lots of ammo too. Lots and lots. When I see ammo on sale or when I feel I'm getting low I buy it. Not pallets, but cases. I've got them in every caliber from .22 to .480 to 12-gauge, etc. Nothing full auto though.

Food. Got lots of it. There's 3 deer from this year in the freezer, a bunch of pork from a hog we slaughtered, and a whole bunch more fish from from both Iowa and Texoma. Bunch of store bought stuff too. Canned goods? Oh yeah. Momma cans beets, tomatoes, okra, pickles, peppers, peaches, relish, jams, northern pike, etc.

Got good fishing ponds on the property, tons of deer and turkey, big generator, lots of off-road vehicles, etc.

All that being said, if the **** hits the fan, I'm like olevet. I ain't going anywhere. If you want my food/resources you're gonna have to come take them. You and a whole bunch of your best buddies.

achiro
12/11/2012, 11:20 AM
Have you ever noticed how in all the 'morning after' movies and books there are relatively small numbers of people out there? What happened to the big cities, the relatively densely populated countryside?
Any serious cataclysm will be followed by massive violence. If you're a kindly enough person to chat on a football board, you're likely not vicious enough to survive. So, we'll all be dead and the world will be dominated by Mexican drug lords and their posses. Preparation is a waste of time. Humans need sleep. Zombies don't.
I just don't agree with this thinking at all. There would certainly be some Of that kind of stuff but there are way to many "good guys" in this country that are armed. I don't think it would take long for our government to be re-established along with military. Yes we would have to fend for ourselves for a while but I believe that outside of the ghettos people would help each other through.

yermom
12/11/2012, 11:46 AM
I am not a big fan of kbar knives except for a recent production of a kbar pocket knife. I know that the kbar fighting knife is legendary but as a tool for my use it is limited.

pretty sure that's a Camillus pilot survival knife. my grandpa had one too. i'm not a big fan of mine for various reasons though. it would for for a lot of things in a pinch, but it was designed to cut you out of a plane, and survive for a while, not a constraint i'm likely to have

played with any Busses? good luck breaking one of those...

yermom
12/11/2012, 11:48 AM
I just don't agree with this thinking at all. There would certainly be some Of that kind of stuff but there are way to many "good guys" in this country that are armed. I don't think it would take long for our government to be re-established along with military. Yes we would have to fend for ourselves for a while but I believe that outside of the ghettos people would help each other through.

NOLA post-Katrina is probably a decent case study...

Curly Bill
I am not a "prepper" and have never seen the show. However, through normal living I'd probably be called one by the more ignorant folks about.

Guns. I have lots. Lots and lots. Buy/trade them all the time. Couldn't give a number, but a ballpark would probably be 50 or so. Got lots of ammo too. Lots and lots. When I see ammo on sale or when I feel I'm getting low I buy it. Not pallets, but cases. I've got them in every caliber from .22 to .480 to 12-gauge, etc. Nothing full auto though.

Food. Got lots of it. There's 3 deer from this year in the freezer, a bunch of pork from a hog we slaughtered, and a whole bunch more fish from from both Iowa and Texoma. Bunch of store bought stuff too. Canned goods? Oh yeah. Momma cans beets, tomatoes, okra, pickles, peppers, peaches, relish, jams, northern pike, etc.

Got good fishing ponds on the property, tons of deer and turkey, big generator, lots of off-road vehicles, etc.

All that being said, if the **** hits the fan, I'm like olevet. I ain't going anywhere. If you want my food/resources you're gonna have to come take them. You and a whole bunch of your best buddies.

Gimme your address. When it all goes down Ima come find you! :)

KantoSooner

Okay, I can buy that. I suppose it depends on what sort of zombie apocalypse we're talking. At some point, the 'society' goes away. Let's say a cross between Ebola and influenza. Aerial transmission and 90%+ lethality within 10 days of infection. Yee Ha. You'd see approximately what was seen among native Americans between 1500 and 1550. DeSoto claimed he was never out of sight of a native village during his river explorations. A generation later, Lasalle saw no evidence of inhabitation in the same area.

I'm very pleased with my newest toy: a little axe from Russell knives in Rogers, AR. Teeny with a folding blade guard, so you can stick it in a pocket. Excellent for chopping small firewood, removing branches from saplings, going through bone when butchering meat, etc. Screw off cap on the end of the handle has a little waterproof storage place for matches, rolling papers, whatever.

FirstandGoal
12/11/2012, 01:56 PM
Ya also got to get Bread an Lunch meat and stuff to make me sammiches

My bad.

I'll make sure to add that to the list.

FirstandGoal
12/11/2012, 02:12 PM

So if I bring some Potter books and movies am I allowed in?

C&CDean
12/11/2012, 03:29 PM
So if I bring some Potter books and movies am I allowed in?

****in' A!! As long as they're Blue Rays. Got the generator, the PS3 for the Blue Rays, and the 60" Sharp. Hogshead beer, deer, and a whole bunch of firewhiskey and we'd be golden.

olevetonahill
12/11/2012, 03:37 PM
****in' A!! As long as they're Blue Rays. Got the generator, the PS3 for the Blue Rays, and the 60" Sharp. Hogshead beer, deer, and a whole bunch of firewhiskey and we'd be golden.

Hell we gonna have a Commune , I got yer Firewhiskey

C&CDean
12/11/2012, 03:41 PM
Damn right. We're gonna get all faced on firewhiskey and geek out at the Yule Ball. Dibs on first dance with Hermione.

ouleaf
12/11/2012, 05:31 PM
Have seen the show and do find it pretty fascinating. I don't do any sort of prep. whatsoever, but the show does a pretty good job of pointing out a lot of measures one should take if you were prepping for a catastrophe. The different people or families they find to document their stories and their prepping efforts are also interesting.

FirstandGoal
12/11/2012, 07:05 PM

Woohoo!

Suck it all the rest of y'all (cept Howard), I've got a plan now! :devilish:

olevetonahill
12/11/2012, 07:06 PM
Woohoo!

Suck it all the rest of y'all (cept Howard), I've got a plan now! :devilish:

I best be included, I can ferment Oak bark :drunk:

diverdog
12/12/2012, 07:15 AM
Okay, I can buy that. I suppose it depends on what sort of zombie apocalypse we're talking. At some point, the 'society' goes away. Let's say a cross between Ebola and influenza. Aerial transmission and 90%+ lethality within 10 days of infection. Yee Ha. You'd see approximately what was seen among native Americans between 1500 and 1550. DeSoto claimed he was never out of sight of a native village during his river explorations. A generation later, Lasalle saw no evidence of inhabitation in the same area.

I'm very pleased with my newest toy: a little axe from Russell knives in Rogers, AR. Teeny with a folding blade guard, so you can stick it in a pocket. Excellent for chopping small firewood, removing branches from saplings, going through bone when butchering meat, etc. Screw off cap on the end of the handle has a little waterproof storage place for matches, rolling papers, whatever.

Have you been to AG Russell? If so......well you suck! Did you see a wing called the diverdog wing? I have spent a lot of money with them over the years.

C&CDean
12/12/2012, 09:38 AM
You fancy knife guys crack me up. I've got a bunch of semi-cheap knives and a few expensive ones (got them as gifts). Here's what I know about them:

If they're sharp and keep an edge then they're good. My favorite gutting knife is a kinda cheap Smith & Wesson that came in a set with a hatchet. One of the kids got it for me for Christmas several years back. That knife has gutted a bunch of deer and elk, and it holds an edge better than any of the more expensive knives I own. I've got a big set of those Alaska Steel knives I also got as a gift, and they're OK, but their edge fades much faster than the S&W.

I also wouldn't be without my little put-together bone saw. It'll cut through a deer pelvis in seconds, and an elk pelvis in less than a minute.

Now when we get to all the hacking through brush and crap I've got a half-dozen Stihl chainsaws for that ****. **** a bunch of knife **** there. I hacked my way through enough foliage in Panama with a machete to last a lifetime.

diverdog
12/12/2012, 02:01 PM
You fancy knife guys crack me up. I've got a bunch of semi-cheap knives and a few expensive ones (got them as gifts). Here's what I know about them:

If they're sharp and keep an edge then they're good. My favorite gutting knife is a kinda cheap Smith & Wesson that came in a set with a hatchet. One of the kids got it for me for Christmas several years back. That knife has gutted a bunch of deer and elk, and it holds an edge better than any of the more expensive knives I own. I've got a big set of those Alaska Steel knives I also got as a gift, and they're OK, but their edge fades much faster than the S&W.

I also wouldn't be without my little put-together bone saw. It'll cut through a deer pelvis in seconds, and an elk pelvis in less than a minute.

Now when we get to all the hacking through brush and crap I've got a half-dozen Stihl chainsaws for that ****. **** a bunch of knife **** there. I hacked my way through enough foliage in Panama with a machete to last a lifetime.

The knives I buy from AG Russell are knives I collect and do not use. I use my Mora a lot and it is a $20 knife. For skinning I have a $60 BHK. Really my most expensive knife that I use is $150 which is not much more than a KBar. Schrade's SCHF-8 at $35 is a hell of a knife.

Dean where knives are seperated is using them to split wood by batonning the knife. I have broke a few knives hitting them with a chunk of wood. If a knife is not of good quality steel and a full tang it will break. As far as I am concerned a knife is another tool. Having said that I do appreciate the skills that go into a handcrafted knife.

BigTip
12/12/2012, 10:49 PM

I went to a gun show a couple of weeks ago. Guy was selling an assault rifle. Me, "Why you selling it?" Him, "I've got five gun safes. I don't have anymore room. My wife won't let me get another safe so I have to sell something."

lol. true story.

StoopTroup
3/1/2013, 06:14 PM
BTW....did anyone see this one with the couple from Hawaii that are going to live entirely off the land when he gets a feeling from the Sea Winds that a Tsunami is coming?

During the show he fills up a water bottle with his own pee near the top of their 4000 ft ascent to the top of Waimea. He drinks half of it and his GF passes on the rest. An update post show doesn't show that his GF is anywhere in the picture and he had decided to bug out now and go live amongst himself. :D He's got one heck of a hill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thBEkSDamUY

StoopTroup
3/1/2013, 06:15 PM
Here's a pic of his GF who evidently figured out David would be much better off on his own. :D

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/exposure/content/photo/photo/527862_partners-in-prep_7hqdjmj4am3d2cszxsyeykq4xpncurxrbvj6lwuht2ya6 mzmafma_610x457.jpg

StoopTroup
3/1/2013, 06:50 PM
Kumbaya!

http://kumbuya-delta.s3.amazonaws.com/tribes/shtf-preppers.preppers-uk-dl-jpg_58870_744x417.jpg

picasso
3/1/2013, 08:48 PM
My boss talks about this show. I know if ze Germans ever do come again, I'm heading for the father in law's cabin in the Jackforks. Those bastards will never find us in there.

Whet
3/1/2013, 10:45 PM
This publication provides you with various checklists and what you need to consider, when putting together a bug out plan.
http://www.fema.gov/pdf/areyouready/basic_preparedness.pdf

SCOUT
3/2/2013, 01:59 AM
You fancy knife guys crack me up.
If they're sharp and keep an edge then they're good.
Snipped of course. The angle of the edge is as important as the quality of the steel in keeping a blade sharp. A 15% angled sushi knife, of the highest quality steel, will only stay sharp for a few cuts. A 25% degree angle of medium quality steel will keep an edge for a long time.

StoopTroup
3/2/2013, 02:41 AM
Snipped of course. The angle of the edge is as important as the quality of the steel in keeping a blade sharp. A 15% angled sushi knife, of the highest quality steel, will only stay sharp for a few cuts. A 25% degree angle of medium quality steel will keep an edge for a long time.

So true. You should have a few good knives for different uses. I do like one that will keep an edge for awhile though. The stuff we keep in the kitchen we keep up with a bit more.

diverdog
3/4/2013, 11:03 PM
So true. You should have a few good knives for different uses. I do like one that will keep an edge for awhile though. The stuff we keep in the kitchen we keep up with a bit more.

I am really fanatical about my kitchen knives. We have a great local knife shop about twenty minutes away who takes care of all my knives. His shop is in his basement and it is nothing short of amazing. On top of that his daughter and son in law are OU fans..big OU fans and they live in Delaware.

Here is his shop:

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-60943312944136_2248_91367332

http://willeyknives.com/

My wife hates when I go there because I always come home with a new knife. LOL

StoopTroup
3/5/2013, 02:53 PM
I am really fanatical about my kitchen knives. We have a great local knife shop about twenty minutes away who takes care of all my knives. His shop is in his basement and it is nothing short of amazing. On top of that his daughter and son in law are OU fans..big OU fans and they live in Delaware.

Here is his shop:

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-60943312944136_2248_91367332

http://willeyknives.com/

My wife hates when I go there because I always come home with a new knife. LOL

Same thing kind of happened to me. I've worked with a couple of guys that made a nice 2nd living making Custom Knives. One of the coolest I ever saw was one of them take a Circular Saw Blade that had shattered and left a nice size of the blade in a really natural state where he could shape it into a really nice skinning knife with an antler handle that attached in two places on the finished blade. I don't know if he re-tempered the thing after shaping it but it was one of the wildest things I have ever seen.

The other guy is pretty well known here in Green Country and will forever be a friend to me and my Family. He had one of the hardest jobs we do and even though we had plenty of younger guys that were capable to do it....he persevered for over two years in that position. We both helped each other out tremendously and I will never forget him.

He showed me how to sharpen just about anything. I'm no Master in my mind but I get pretty funny (Holy Smokes) look when I hand back a knife someone asked me sharpen.

My FIL has this really nice Chainsaw Sharpener at his Retirement Mower Shop (It's what I call it as I have never seen a an 80 year old guy work so hard....lol). I'm sure his Son will get that someday but I might be able to sweet talk some time or even maybe work a deal where I won't sell it but I will keep him in sharpened Chainsaw Chains for life. :D