PDA

View Full Version : NFL Football

boomersooner28
12/9/2012, 10:25 PM
Why would you NOT throw it deep every play in the NFL? Especially if you had a Megatron, Dez, Larry Fitzgerald type of WR. Either your guy is going to catch it, a pass interference call is going to be made and you get the ball at the spot, or a personal foul is going to be called for a defenseless player or hitting to hard. lol

It is getting crazy. I would hate to be a DB in the NFL.

StoopTroup
12/9/2012, 11:01 PM
This calling a little touch with your helmet when tackling is getting ridiculous. I want to see players safe but when a guy pops right up asking for a call instead of the Ref making a call that was clearly a dangerous hit, it seems like the rules are one sided and make playing defense very difficult.

Scott D
12/9/2012, 11:06 PM
Why would you NOT throw it deep every play in the NFL? Especially if you had a Megatron, Dez, Larry Fitzgerald type of WR. Either your guy is going to catch it, a pass interference call is going to be made and you get the ball at the spot, or a personal foul is going to be called for a defenseless player or hitting to hard. lol

It is getting crazy. I would hate to be a DB in the NFL.

In the case of Larry Fitzgerald it's because you'd need to have an actual quarterback on the roster.....*ba dump bump*

StoopTroup
12/9/2012, 11:10 PM
Maybe they should get Randy Johnson a helmet and some pads. He hasn't done anything since taking his Big Unit to Ghey Bay. :D

BlownGP
12/9/2012, 11:13 PM
Im done with the NFL, my poor saints cant catch a break. Been a horrible season on and off the field.

StoopTroup
12/9/2012, 11:24 PM
Who Dat?

Scott D
12/10/2012, 12:30 PM
Apparently during the Cardinals game, ole Vincey Young tweeted to Larry Fitzgerald to tell Ken Wisenhunt that he's available.

badger
12/10/2012, 01:17 PM
Apparently during the Cardinals game, ole Vincey Young tweeted to Larry Fitzgerald to tell Ken Wisenhunt that he's available.

did anyone else see the OTL Sunday morning on Espen? Basically, VY said he is not broke, but likes media to say it so that people stop asking him for money. He is working out in his hometown Houston and awaiting a tryout and yes, trying to get in with the Cards, but the Cards and the rest of the NFL don't want him because he got the rep of a lazy no-work no-study quarterback that refused to learn the Titan system.

They also discussed the lawsuits he has with his former (family/friends! SURPRISE!) representatives who he alleges stole millions of his NFL money.

The ship has sailed on him being an NFL starter, but hell, there's tons of places that could use ol' Fumbles McScrambles:

- Any Texas arena ball team, where he could sign 2005 whorn champ memorabilia after games
- Jest quarterback. They suck soooo badly at that position they deserve to be called the "Jest"
- Arizona quarterback. Anyone, even Jason White without any knees, can do better than 58-0.
- Packers running back. If I can tolerate Cedric Benson in RB, then I can tolerate VY there...so long as he doesn't fumble.
- The Canadian Football League. If weed whorn Ricky Williams can take a Canadian pro career detour, why not VY?

kevpks
12/10/2012, 01:27 PM
I like the Texas fans who act like there is some sort of conspiracy against VY engineered by Jeff Fisher.

badger
12/10/2012, 01:40 PM
I like the Texas fans who act like there is some sort of conspiracy against VY engineered by Jeff Fisher.

You have to admit that fans might have a point: When Mack backed off and stopped trying to coach Vince Young, they won a national title. When Jeff Fisher demands that VY learns his system and studies the playbook, VY doesn't win the championship.

:mack: <<< should be universal SF.com sign for sarcasm