PDA

View Full Version : Greg Bryant

Ruf/Nek7
12/9/2012, 12:54 PM
Former OU commit, 5 star RB Greg Bryant has committed to Notre Dame. Damn SOBs

sooneredaco
12/9/2012, 12:57 PM
Former OU commit, 5 star RB Greg Bryant has committed to Notre Dame. Damn SOBs

Must be a fan of sexual assault... JK I'm sure he's a good kid. But eff the Domers. Really gonna be sick to my stomach of these a-holes make a run of Alabama proportions.

Ugh!!!! Hate that whole effing institution!!!!'

Flagstaffsooner
12/9/2012, 01:14 PM
The priests are working hard this Sunday.

http://wp.patheos.com/community/deaconsbench/files/2011/01/Stewardship_Collection_Plate.jpg

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/9/2012, 01:14 PM
Rolllllll Tide!

Flagstaffsooner
12/9/2012, 01:24 PM
Kelly is paying out more bucks than Lou Holtz ever dreamed of.

rock on sooner
12/9/2012, 04:49 PM
I said in the recruiting forum that the kid probably doesn't want to compete
for a job...Kelly probably just hands it to him....

8timechamps
12/9/2012, 05:55 PM
Something's "off" with Bryant. Not the kid, but the whole recruiting thing. He de-commits, then express a whole new interest, then OU stops recruiting him. Notre Dame was barely mentioned in the team's he had interest in, then out of the blue he commits to the Domers. Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up somewhere else, or some other event occurs that is odd.

BoulderSooner79
12/9/2012, 06:39 PM
We need the obligatory "we'll win with him or without him" post. Maybe someone took care of that when he de-committed.

8timechamps
12/9/2012, 06:58 PM
We need the obligatory "we'll win with him or without him" post. Maybe someone took care of that when he de-committed.

Who needs the bum?!! We'll win with, or without him!

tulsaoilerfan
12/9/2012, 08:46 PM
Why would a stud running back want to come here anyway? We throw 60 times a game and usually rotate 2 or 3 running backs every game

8timechamps
12/9/2012, 09:29 PM
Why would a stud running back want to come here anyway? We throw 60 times a game and usually rotate 2 or 3 running backs every game

Regardless of that, we've got two stud RBs heading to Norman in the next two years.

2013 - Keith Ford - Cyprus Ranch, TX. (#3 RB in the country)
2014 - Devon Thomas - Broken Arrow, OK (on the watch list, as no players for 2014 have been ranked).

Keith Ford is more in the mold of a Chris Brown, a bigger physical runner. Thomas, who was offered his OU scholarship as a sophomore, is a little taller, but more of a slasher. Both are going to be good, but they'll be sitting behind last year's RB recruit, Alex Ross, because he's going to be another in the long line of solid RBs in OU's backfield.

StoopTroup
12/9/2012, 09:53 PM
Saw Devon play this year a few times. He needs lots of work IMO.

thecrimsoncrusader
12/9/2012, 10:38 PM
Keith Ford will be in the NFL and Greg Bryant will be in the CFL. OU won.

Curly Bill
12/10/2012, 01:55 PM

Lotta truth right here.

Jason White's Third Knee
12/10/2012, 02:07 PM

AD came here. Demarco Murray came here. Jermie Calhoun came here (he came in as #1).

We are attractive.

8timechamps
12/10/2012, 05:03 PM
Saw Devon play this year a few times. He needs lots of work IMO.

I never saw him play, but I followed him this year. He didn't do as well as last year, but I think there was a nagging injury he was dealing with (don't quote me on that, because I may be confusing him with someone else). Anyway, he's still go this senior year before he ever gets to the next level. You have to think there's something special about this kid if OU offered him after one year of high school football.

Sabanball
12/10/2012, 07:00 PM
We took a brief look at him after he decommitted from you guys, but once we signed Derrick Henry, now the nation's all-time leading HS career rusher, out of Yulee FL,to our 2013 class we backed off and are pretty much done at RB with Altee Tenpenny out of Ark also in that class. Last I heard GB was looking at Auburn, but with the dumpster fire going on down there I'm not surprised that he ended up elsewhere. Notre Dame was probably the best that he could get right now.

Update: I'm told now that we were never recruiting GB as a RB, but rather as a possibility at CB. Once that was discussed, the recruitment was pretty much over and we parted ways with him.

tulsaoilerfan
12/10/2012, 07:03 PM

AD came here. Demarco Murray came here. Jermie Calhoun came here (he came in as #1).

We are attractive. we throw a helluva lot more now than we did back then

BoulderSooner79
12/10/2012, 07:16 PM
Given our recent success of getting RB talent on the field and producing, I'd be more excited to see a walk-on or JC transfer sign on. We need to replace Whaley and D.D. Williams.

8timechamps
12/10/2012, 07:16 PM
Given our recent success of getting RB talent on the field and producing, I'd be more excited to see a walk-on or JC transfer sign on. We need to replace Whaley and D.D. Williams.

Three words:

Alex. Ross.

Sabanball
12/10/2012, 09:01 PM
What's happened with Roy Finch? He had some decent numbers last yr, but hardly touched the ball this season.

8timechamps
12/10/2012, 09:36 PM
Regardless of that, we've got two stud RBs heading to Norman in the next two years.

2013 - Keith Ford - Cyprus Ranch, TX. (#3 RB in the country)
2014 - Devon Thomas - Broken Arrow, OK (on the watch list, as no players for 2014 have been ranked).

Keith Ford is more in the mold of a Chris Brown, a bigger physical runner. Thomas, who was offered his OU scholarship as a sophomore, is a little taller, but more of a slasher. Both are going to be good, but they'll be sitting behind last year's RB recruit, Alex Ross, because he's going to be another in the long line of solid RBs in OU's backfield.

Devon Thomas de-committed from OU today (of course I come on here and go on about how we have a stud coming, then he goes and de-commits...jerk). Anyway, the Sooners aren't out of the picture, he just felt like he made his decision too soon.

I can't disagree with the kid, committing to a school during your junior year in high school is questionable. I think he wants to be able to visit some other schools and enjoy the process a little. Can't blame him.

Scott D
12/10/2012, 09:37 PM
he's what I like to call "Schmidtted"

8timechamps
12/10/2012, 09:39 PM
What's happened with Roy Finch? He had some decent numbers last yr, but hardly touched the ball this season.

Buried on the depth chart.

Finch apparently isn't the hardest working guy on the team, and his play time got cut as a result. He was moved to the slot last summer, and just hasn't been able to get on the field. He was one of our kick-off return guys all year, and took one back against Kansas.

BoulderSooner79
12/10/2012, 11:12 PM

Oh, you're just trollin' now.

:D

12/11/2012, 01:25 AM
We took a brief look at him after he decommitted from you guys, but once we signed Derrick Henry, now the nation's all-time leading HS career rusher, out of Yulee FL,to our 2013 class we backed off and are pretty much done at RB with Altee Tenpenny out of Ark also in that class. Last I heard GB was looking at Auburn, but with the dumpster fire going on down there I'm not surprised that he ended up elsewhere. Notre Dame was probably the best that he could get right now.

Update: I'm told now that we were never recruiting GB as a RB, but rather as a possibility at CB. Once that was discussed, the recruitment was pretty much over and we parted ways with him.Thanks for the recruiting info from Alabama. I was about to go over to one of their message boards(elephant ears) to be brought all up to date.

12/11/2012, 01:27 AM
What's happened with Roy Finch? He had some decent numbers last yr, but hardly touched the ball this season.He somehow acquired another yr of eligibility, so he's transferring to Bama. He was promised to start right away.

jkjsooner
12/11/2012, 07:48 AM
we throw a helluva lot more now than we did back then

And we threw a lot more before those guys came to OU. It's about using the personnel you have.

jkjsooner
12/11/2012, 07:52 AM

Update: I'm told now that we were never recruiting GB as a RB, but rather as a possibility at CB. Once that was discussed, the recruitment was pretty much over and we parted ways with him.

When are you going to figure out that nobody gives a crap? I'm sick of you turning every thread into an Alabama glorification thread. go away.

12/11/2012, 01:24 PM
When are you going to figure out that nobody gives a crap? I'm sick of you turning every thread into an Alabama glorification thread. go away.Maybe he's trying to convince us Sooner fans to pull for the hurricane in the NC game, followed by the inevitable meteor shower.