PDA

View Full Version : And yet another miss...

Ruf/Nek7
12/9/2012, 12:51 PM
Trenton Brown commits to Florida out of nowhere. This was one of the JUCO OT we had visit recently and were high on. This is becoming too much of a trend lately.

Breadburner
12/9/2012, 02:13 PM
Whos to say...only time will tell...

jk the sooner fan
12/9/2012, 02:40 PM
you cant win them all

8timechamps
12/9/2012, 06:02 PM
I wouldn't say we were "high" on Brown, he had an offer, but was never really in the running to commit. We do need to pick up one or two OTs in this class though.

goingoneight
12/9/2012, 11:27 PM
We've missed on lots of guys we've "needed" before. XLK, Jackson Jeffcoat, Richetti Jones all come to mind.

Fraggle145
12/10/2012, 11:33 AM
you cant win them all

At this point I'd like to win one. And not for a punter either.

Ruf/Nek7
12/10/2012, 12:39 PM
At this point I'd like to win one. And not for a punter either.

This....This class has yet to address a need and people keep claiming that our recruiting will pick up soon. Why so late? Why when teams like osu, vanderbuilt, ole miss, and Illinois all have 20+ commits and thus ranked higher than OU? Something has got to give.

8timechamps
12/10/2012, 04:47 PM
This....This class has yet to address a need and people keep claiming that our recruiting will pick up soon. Why so late? Why when teams like osu, vanderbuilt, ole miss, and Illinois all have 20+ commits and thus ranked higher than OU? Something has got to give.

First, you are putting WAY too much emphasis on class rankings. I've followed recruiting (and by "followed", I mean I follow it extremely closely) for over 25 years, and I can assure you that this years class is shaping up just like every other class Stoops has had.

Team needs are so different from team to team, that there is no way to compare what one team gets with another team. Vanderbilt may have huge needs at LB and QB (for example), so they don't go after the better DEs or TEs. If they don't land four star DEs or TEs, and Auburn does (because they have need there), does it make any sense to call Vandy's class a bust? No.

The bottom line is that OU has ALWAYS been slow in finishing. This is ABSOLUTELY nothing new. It'll end like it always does, with a good class.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/10/2012, 04:52 PM
i don't really follow recruiting much but 8x is right about the slow finish..when you compare that and Texas early signing mentality, I much prefer bob's way..