PDA

View Full Version : Good grief, Domers are worse than any of us ever imagined

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/9/2012, 03:31 AM
I did a search and I didn't see where this had been posted yet.

I'm sorry, I know I wear crimson-colored glasses, but I don't think Bob or any of his predecessors would have condoned what ND officials apparently have according to this.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/she-the-people/wp/2012/12/04/why-i-wont-be-cheering-for-old-notre-dame/

Flagstaffsooner
12/9/2012, 07:38 AM
Wow, but it doesnt surprise me after the way the church has been covering up so much sexual abuse for so many years.

guzziguy
12/9/2012, 07:42 AM
Sexual misconduct in and around a Catholic institution being covered up? Color me shocked! Well, shocked that the victims are female and not 9 years old.

BudSooner
12/9/2012, 09:47 AM
After the Chicago Tribune first broke the story of Lizzy’s allegations and death on Nov. 21, Notre Dame’s head football coach, Brian Kelly, wisecracked on a conference call with sportswriters that he didn’t know the Tribune could afford all the reporters who were peppering him with questions about the case.I guess this sort of **** is pretty damn hysterical to Kelly, what an ***.

Dear Nick Saban, crush 'em!

ROLL MOTHER****ING TIDE!

Lott's Bandana
12/9/2012, 10:03 AM
This article is making the rounds. I saw it on Facebook the other day, on a blog site.

Sometimes it is easy to forget what a true business big-time college football truly is and therefore all the stink and wretchedness that comes with it. Even after an off-season like what just occurred in State College.

Soonerjeepman
12/9/2012, 10:50 AM
As a Catholic, I'm embarrassed and bothered by both the Catholic Churches/ND response. BUT I will add that the majority of Catholics do NOT support this behavior, just like any other organization (especially religious) there are those that do not represent their group in good light. Even on here there are dip$hit fans that many of us would say do NOT represent OU.

Look at BU and the bball program before Drew took over...or OU's late 80's fball issues. Either of those do NOT represent the majority of OU fball players or BU university as well.

olevetonahill
12/9/2012, 11:11 AM
So Football player = Priest huh?

Flagstaffsooner
12/9/2012, 12:19 PM
No, but the cover up by that church is the same.

picasso
12/9/2012, 12:26 PM
Sheesh, I'm fairly certain Catholics don't have a monopoly on cover-ups.

sooneredaco
12/9/2012, 12:43 PM
The whole catholic religion, including Notre Dame, is disgusting and corrupt. Feel free to neg me of you wish for what I say. But I was raised as a part of that religion and am glad to that I am no longer!

Notre Dame's handling, errr..... mishandling of this case is par for the course. Yet many catholic (most of my family included) CHOOSE to ignore all of the "allegations". I was taught that where there is smoke there is fire. Doesn't take an investigative reporter to see that.

Roll Tide! Fu€k the hunch backs

Flagstaffsooner
12/9/2012, 01:09 PM
Sheesh, I'm fairly certain Catholics don't have a monopoly on cover-ups.

No, but they have had 1500 years to perfect the art.

rock on sooner
12/9/2012, 01:25 PM
Too bad someone doesn't out the perp. Then it would really
hit the fan. That issue cries out for sunshine!!!!!

Flagstaffsooner
12/9/2012, 01:31 PM
Don't count on it.

sooneron
12/9/2012, 01:38 PM
As a Catholic, I'm embarrassed and bothered by both the Catholic Churches/ND response. BUT I will add that the majority of Catholics do NOT support this behavior...
So you don't throw any $ in the collection plate? Without systematic change, you cannot support once facet without supporting another that you'd care not to...

Flagstaffsooner
12/9/2012, 01:56 PM
"Oh, God, please let our scam go on."
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-rEyB0Ehuvy8/UEYzB-CxMuI/AAAAAAAAAFk/bpLiH_IDksw/s1600/pbxvi-in-prayer.jpg

Soonerwake
12/9/2012, 03:05 PM
I wonder if anyone has actually named "the accused"??

Midtowner
12/9/2012, 03:08 PM
The whole catholic religion, including Notre Dame, is disgusting and corrupt. Feel free to neg me of you wish for what I say. But I was raised as a part of that religion and am glad to that I am no longer!

Notre Dame's handling, errr..... mishandling of this case is par for the course. Yet many catholic (most of my family included) CHOOSE to ignore all of the "allegations". I was taught that where there is smoke there is fire. Doesn't take an investigative reporter to see that.

Roll Tide! Fu€k the hunch backs

I was raised Catholic as well. Would take a second look if they'd get their house in order.

BudSooner
12/9/2012, 03:22 PM
I wonder if anyone has actually named "the accused"??
Mantei Teo? Wouldn't that be a shocker!

En_Fuego
12/9/2012, 05:36 PM
Seriously ?

I gave my left nut for a win this season................Most of ya"ll don't even realize how this affects things .............ND Can SUCK IT

Soonerjeepman
12/9/2012, 05:40 PM
No, but they have had 1500 years to perfect the art.

c'mon if you're going to be an a@@ and bash the Church AT LEAST do it right, it's been over 2000 yrs.

and Yes I still financially support my local church. Like I said, there are a whole lot more GOOD Catholics than bad, JUST LIKE ANY OTHER CHURCH. Thanks for your concern.

I always love those who were raised "Catholic, Baptist, conservative, liberal, from a rich family..." whatever then come out and denounce the way they were raised citing the negs of that way. Makes me get a laugh.

It isn't a Catholic thing, although I agree I wish the University/Church would have done the right thing...hell they had obama give the commencement speak...that speaks volumes. But the American Catholic church is a mere shell of the Roman Catholic church, in my opinion. It's a college football thing...and after the Chief's issues, it's a rah rah I'm a man sports thing. Don't have to be a Neanderthal to be an athlete.

En_Fuego
12/9/2012, 05:41 PM
Mantei Teo is just "Above Average" at best........The LB's in college these day's are very blah !

8timechamps
12/9/2012, 06:22 PM
Did I miss something in the article that is supposed to convince me that two players broke the law?

I could care less if ND folded up shop and never played another down of football, but I also didn't read anything that convinces me the two players should be booted from the team. I will say the the second woman mentioned seems much more plausible than the first, but it's still just conjecture.

Would it surprise me to learn that two players at ND did something like that, and it got covered up? Nope. But, I'd like to hear more before assuming it's a cover-up and the two players are guilty.

StoopTroup
12/9/2012, 09:08 PM
You didn't miss anything. God has the power to change our relationships. Guess what the other guy has the power to do?

i know lots of folks are lost to hate and mis-guided reasoning for many different things.

Football is a game.

Christianity isn't. If someone wants to quit watching football and focus on being a better Christian...I think they should. Football isn't sinful though. How a player plays football can be sinful though. Now...if a person doesn't want to watch football because there are a couple of sinners on the Team, I think their interest in football was probably doomed anyway as they set it up for a self fulfilling Prophecy by expecting Notre Dame's Football Team to be free of sinners.

NEWS FLASH !

All men and Women are sinners. Some people even break laws.

nBoSTP
12/9/2012, 09:38 PM
They also didn't pass out any punishments for killing that video tape guy by making him go up on a scaffold to record practice in 50 MPH winds.

StoopTroup
12/9/2012, 09:47 PM
They also didn't pass out any punishments for killing that video tape guy by making him go up on a scaffold to record practice in 50 MPH winds.

So if you were in charge they would have WWnBoSTPD bracelets?