PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Johnny Manziel

TrueBornSooner
12/8/2012, 09:28 PM
I'm glad for him that he won the Heisman. Enjoy the next few weeks. The Heisman Bowl Curse awaits...

goingoneight
12/8/2012, 09:31 PM
RG3, Mark Ingram, Cam Newton and Matt Leinart agree.

kevpks
12/8/2012, 09:31 PM
I hope he parties 24/7 in preparation for our game.

rock on sooner
12/8/2012, 09:35 PM
I hope he parties 24/7 in preparation for our game.

Bet he doesn't...that young man has his head on straight..
Sooners gotta be on their toes....

BoulderSooner79
12/8/2012, 09:36 PM
At least he didn't win based on a bunch of highlights against OU.

Soonerus
12/8/2012, 09:39 PM
He seems like a good kid but his Dad crys a lot...

BoulderSooner79
12/8/2012, 09:49 PM
Bet he doesn't...that young man has his head on straight..
Sooners gotta be on their toes....

Agreed - here's proof he's not one to party.

link (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-XcB9ZE4DbuA/UJf6H0lSxxI/AAAAAAAAE80/5P4UnYiluu8/s1600/johnnyfootball-768x1024.jpg)

rock on sooner
12/8/2012, 09:50 PM
Agreed - here's proof he's not one to party.

link (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-XcB9ZE4DbuA/UJf6H0lSxxI/AAAAAAAAE80/5P4UnYiluu8/s1600/johnnyfootball-768x1024.jpg)

I dint say which head...

FirstandGoal
12/8/2012, 09:54 PM
Meh. Wanted Klein to win it.

Anybody know any hookers in Dallas we can set him up with the night before the game?

olevetonahill
12/8/2012, 09:58 PM

Anybody know any hookers in Dallas we can set him up with the night before the game?

I aint sayin NUTHIN :unconscious:

Soonerus
12/8/2012, 10:02 PM
It was a down year for Heisman candidates...

8timechamps
12/8/2012, 10:08 PM

Me too!

Oh well, it really was kind of a bland year for the Heisman.

olevetonahill
12/8/2012, 10:32 PM

The kid ESPN wanted to win , won Its that simple they put their hype machine on it .

rock on sooner
12/8/2012, 10:37 PM
The kid ESPN wanted to win , won Its that simple they put their hype machine on it .

Too bad the creeps dint want AD to be the first frosh to win it....

olevetonahill
12/8/2012, 10:38 PM

Yup

sooneredaco
12/8/2012, 10:51 PM

AD was much more deserving of it than Johnny Football, Heisman, Hypeman or whatever his name is.

Still yet, congrats to the lad. Enjoy it kid. You've got some guys in crimson and cream ready to introduce themselves to you in Dallas

BYW: very well spoken youngin

Sabanball
12/8/2012, 11:20 PM
Don't you know the whorns are just loving this....

SicEmBaylor
12/8/2012, 11:29 PM
I'm just not classy enough to congratulate any maroon-clad bastardo.

VA Sooner
12/9/2012, 12:01 AM
Congrats, Mr. Heisman... prepare to meet your doom.

Collier11
12/9/2012, 12:55 AM
Apparently throwing 0 TDs, 3 INTs, and rushing for 87 yds in 2 of your 3 toughest games wins you the Heisman these days...also, of his 43 combined passing and rushing TDs, 25 came against SMU, SC St, Arkansas, Auburn, and Sam Houston ST.

nighttrain12
12/9/2012, 01:36 AM
I missed the ESPN awards show. Were any of the OU Heisman winners there?

Okie35
12/9/2012, 01:54 AM
Apparently throwing 0 TDs, 3 INTs, and rushing for 87 yds in 2 of your 3 toughest games wins you the Heisman these days...also, of his 43 combined passing and rushing TDs, 25 came against SMU, SC St, Arkansas, Auburn, and Sam Houston ST.

I'm glad you weren't the only one that paid attention.

picasso
12/9/2012, 02:32 AM
Who does he play for?

SCOUT
12/9/2012, 02:50 AM

I think your categorization is interesting. Alabama was a tough game, no? How did he do in that one?

I would also ask why a quarterback is being judged by his rushing yards.

Don't be mad. The kid is pretty damn good.,

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/9/2012, 03:39 AM
Judging by the comments on this thread, I am the only one here who remembers Chris Weinke.

So Manziel, PREPARE TO MEET YOUR DOOM.

(And please don't watch any game films of our defense this season.)

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
12/9/2012, 08:37 AM
I think your categorization is interesting. Alabama was a tough game, no? How did he do in that one?

Since when is "pretty damn good" good enough? He was not best. However, since the Heisman schedule will probably screw him up, "Party on, Garth!"

sendbaht
12/9/2012, 08:41 AM
He will not have time to practice now or as much so prepare for your new name..

Johnny Footonyourback....bring on the game

mainline13
12/9/2012, 09:02 AM
Judging by the comments on this thread, I am the only one here who remembers Chris Weinke.

So Manziel, PREPARE TO MEET YOUR DOOM.

(And please don't watch any game films of our defense this season.)

Maybe he should watch some film. Maybe they all should. Then they'll figure that they don't really need to practice hard.

mainline13
12/9/2012, 09:06 AM

Not like either of the QB finalists was credited in any way for rushing prowess. Live by it, die by it.

That said, he's as deserving of the award as anyone. I just hate when the hype machines seem to have an effect on the outcome of these things.

jkjsooner
12/9/2012, 09:16 AM

Because rushing yards had a lot to do with him winning the award.

Soonerjeepman
12/9/2012, 10:52 AM

no doubt...geeze...AD couldn't win it but this yahoo did. Hope we KILL them....

bluedogok
12/9/2012, 11:30 AM
I missed the ESPN awards show. Were any of the OU Heisman winners there?
I saw BOOMER Billy on the stage at the end, the only part that I saw of the show.

Collier11
12/9/2012, 12:08 PM

I said 2 of his 3 biggest games, I understand he played well against Bama....he is judged by his rushing yds because the guy is a helluva running QB, and he is pretty damn good. I never argued that, but the fact that he didnt show up in 2 of their 3 biggest games makes it tough for me to say he is the best

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/9/2012, 12:23 PM
I missed the ESPN awards show. Were any of the OU Heisman winners there?They went down the line and introduced them. I didn't notice a single one from OU. Was that a coincidence? However, Bluedog said he saw Billy Sims.

trwxxa
12/9/2012, 01:45 PM
I said 2 of his 3 biggest games, I understand he played well against Bama....he is judged by his rushing yds because the guy is a helluva running QB, and he is pretty damn good. I never argued that, but the fact that he didnt show up in 2 of their 3 biggest games makes it tough for me to say he is the best

He should be given a pass on the Florida game considering it was his first D1 game ever and he did a good job keeping them in the game. He definitely got better as the year progressed.

Enjoy the award kid, fame is fleeting.

mainline13
12/9/2012, 02:13 PM
He should be given a pass on the Florida game considering it was his first D1 game ever and he did a good job keeping them in the game. He definitely got better as the year progressed.

Enjoy the award kid, fame is fleeting.

Down year or not, if you have to give someone a pass for any reason at all, should they be named the best in College Football? Not only that, but should they be the first ever true freshman to be so named?

nutinbutdust
12/9/2012, 02:40 PM
I just hate when the hype machines seem to have an effect on the outcome of these things.

Well ESPiN got their way. I remember when the Heismen, used to be based on a season, not a "Moment". Manziel only played the cards dealt him. Here is hoping OUr boys give him something in common to talk about with Wienke. Anybody want to bet the three misdemeanor charges(Disorderly Conduct, Failure to Identify, and Possessing False Identification) will be dropped? They have been pending since June. Maybe we should call him Johnny Misdemeanor. :smiley_simmons:

StoopTroup
12/9/2012, 02:52 PM
With ESPN crowning him with College Footballs Highest Award....it is really hyping our Bowl Game with them. A win by The Sooners will again remind College Football of who is who in Div 1A.

I hope Landry has the best game of his career and in doing so....he secures his first round Draft status.

rock on sooner
12/9/2012, 04:31 PM
With ESPN crowning him with College Footballs Highest Award....it is really hyping our Bowl Game with them. A win by The Sooners will again remind College Football of who is who in Div 1A.

I hope Landry has the best game of his career and in doing so....he secures his first round Draft status.

Fox has the Cotton Bowl and they are really hyping the game...

rock on sooner
12/9/2012, 04:33 PM
As to LJ's draft, I'm hoping that the Broncos draft him so he
can understudy Manning.

cleller
12/9/2012, 04:33 PM
How many Weinke moments are you allowed in one lifetime?

StoopTroup
12/9/2012, 04:42 PM
Fox has the Cotton Bowl and they are really hyping the game...

I thought I said that.

bluedogok
12/9/2012, 08:46 PM
Down year or not, if you have to give someone a pass for any reason at all, should they be named the best in College Football? Not only that, but should they be the first ever true freshman to be so named?
He is a Redshirt Freshman.

As to LJ's draft, I'm hoping that the Broncos draft him so he can understudy Manning.
The Broncos already have their understudy, they drafted Brock Osweiler out of Arizona State in this years draft.

rock on sooner
12/9/2012, 09:02 PM
I thought I said that.

Maybe you did, but i said it furst....:biggrin:

rock on sooner
12/9/2012, 09:06 PM
He is a Redshirt Freshman.

The Broncos already have their understudy, they drafted Brock Osweiler out of Arizona State in this years draft.

NFL is a business...do you think the ASU kid is better than LJ?
Do you think the Broncos(Elway) would pass on him? If So, then,
okay, they got their understudy. It'd be their loss...I haven't been
jacked about the Broncos since Elway left. (I lived in CO for 17 years
and it is impossible to not be a Bronco fan in that state, assuming
you like the NFL).

aurorasooner
12/9/2012, 09:12 PM
First, congrat to Johnny. But, while Johhny M. had an excellent year, there's no way, imho, he deserved the Heisman more than C. Klein.
The CFB writers are like sheep. They follow the hype given out by the network talking heads who promote a certain player or certain team based on what they'll do for their employer's ratings, not who's the best player or which is the best team. It's all about what advertising mileage and viewer eyes they can get if a certain player is awarded (what used to be) college football most prestigious award, or which team makes it to the championship game. Too bad for Klein. He is an excellent player and represented KSU and CFB well.

aurorasooner
12/9/2012, 09:38 PM
you like the NFL). I haven't been too excited about the Broncos since Elway left either, and I was dubious when we signed Peyton Manning to that huge 20 mil/year deal. However after watching him all year, P. Manning creates with his head, what guys like RG3 do with their feet.
As far as Landry goes, there's no question that he has the arm to make in the NFL. However, I just don't think he's got the football tools between the ears to do what he can't do with his feet, and that's make something out of nothing when the play totally breaks down, or when our blocking breaks down and he has to create something. Sometimes I think Landry (and our offense altogether) is too computerized and we worry too much about doing the wrong thing instead of just making plays.
Now, in all fairness to Landry, we haven't had a consistent running game, which will make any college passing QB look better.
As far as the Broncos go, I wish P. Manning was about 10 years younger. He's really, really good.

StoopTroup
12/9/2012, 09:39 PM

i thought u said it lost...lol

StoopTroup
12/9/2012, 09:43 PM
I haven't been too excited about the Broncos since Elway left either, and I was dubious when we signed Peyton Manning to that huge 20 mil/year deal. However after watching him all year, P. Manning creates with his head, what guys like RG3 do with their feet.
As far as Landry goes, there's no question that he has the arm to make in the NFL. However, I just don't think he's got the football tools between the ears to do what he can't do with his feet, and that's make something out of nothing when the play totally breaks down, or when our blocking breaks down and he has to create something. Sometimes I think Landry (and our offense altogether) is too computerized and we worry too much about doing the wrong thing instead of just making plays.
Now, in all fairness to Landry, we haven't had a consistent running game, which will make any college passing QB look better.
As far as the Broncos go, I wish P. Manning was about 10 years younger. He's really, really good.

Our blocking wont break down when Landry is in the NFL. Just the few changes he made between last year and this year and then Landry having even more time to work on his weaknesses prior to the combines....I think a win in this game along with the training for combine will have him turning heads.

rock on sooner
12/9/2012, 09:45 PM
I haven't been too excited about the Broncos since Elway left either, and I was dubious when we signed Peyton Manning to that huge 20 mil/year deal. However after watching him all year, P. Manning creates with his head, what guys like RG3 do with their feet.

If he was ten years younger he wouldn't be in Denver, Elway would...( I think)

StoopTroup
12/9/2012, 09:50 PM
Who's this Elway guy? Does he own a car lot?

olevetonahill
12/9/2012, 11:43 PM

He says a lot of shat, But not many listen

picasso
12/10/2012, 01:56 AM
First, congrat to Johnny. But, while Johhny M. had an excellent year, there's no way, imho, he deserved the Heisman more than C. Klein.
The CFB writers are like sheep. They follow the hype given out by the network talking heads who promote a certain player or certain team based on what they'll do for their employer's ratings, not who's the best player or which is the best team. It's all about what advertising mileage and viewer eyes they can get if a certain player is awarded (what used to be) college football most prestigious award, or which team makes it to the championship game. Too bad for Klein. He is an excellent player and represented KSU and CFB well.
This!

70sooner
12/10/2012, 07:53 AM
Who's this Elway guy? Does he own a car lot?

oh, about 4 and an arena football team to boot, LOL!~

bluedogok
12/10/2012, 10:25 PM
you like the NFL).
They won't be looking for a QB in Rounds 1 or 2 and I don't think Landry will fall that far. If he did, sure they would take a chance on him later.

Osweilier was the QB at ASU when Elway's kid was there as a wide receiver.

SoonerFanInAustin
12/13/2012, 11:04 PM
These freak'n Aggies are kill'n me down here in Texas. All they are saying is how they want some of us. We won't be able to stop him. They beat Alabama. I'm just biting my tongue for now....It will be on when we get back in the office after the game.

Scott D
12/13/2012, 11:13 PM
Why anyone would congratulate someone for being a Mangina is beyond me.

8timechamps
12/13/2012, 11:36 PM
These freak'n Aggies are kill'n me down here in Texas. All they are saying is how they want some of us. We won't be able to stop him. They beat Alabama. I'm just biting my tongue for now....It will be on when we get back in the office after the game.

I haven't heard a single prognosticator pick OU in the Cotton Bowl. "Bad match-up for the Sooners", "A&M is hot right now", "Manziel will punish OUs average front 7", "It could get ugly for OU". I've heard all of those lines, and more.

OU doesn't play the underdog often, so I hope this adds to the motivation of the players. It's like everyone forgot that OU/A&M have played the last 13 years, and A&M has won twice. I know, I know "it's a different team", bleh...I ain't skeerd.

Collier11
12/13/2012, 11:44 PM
We will (should) light up their DBs...not sure if we can run on them but if we can hold them to 35 or less we will win. Thats my bold prediction :D

FirstandGoal
12/14/2012, 07:13 AM
I haven't heard a single prognosticator pick OU in the Cotton Bowl. "Bad match-up for the Sooners", "A&M is hot right now", "Manziel will punish OUs average front 7", "It could get ugly for OU". I've heard all of those lines, and more.

OU doesn't play the underdog often, so I hope this adds to the motivation of the players. It's like everyone forgot that OU/A&M have played the last 13 years, and A&M has won twice. I know, I know "it's a different team", bleh...I ain't skeerd.

Yet these same people will probably deny any kind of SEC bias in rankings.

I really do wonder if we would have still been dogs had eATMe been in the Big XII this year instead of the SEC