PDA

View Full Version : Ham or Turkey

FirstandGoal
12/8/2012, 01:58 PM
Thought about making a pole, but I'm too lazy to do that.

Do most of y'all have ham or turkey for Christmas dinner?

I prefer a nice honey glazed and maybe even a brisket if we're having enough people over.

olevetonahill
12/8/2012, 03:19 PM
Christmas dinner was always the same as Thanksgivin when I was growing up. Gotta have Turkey and dressin Ham was the Bonus

SanJoaquinSooner
12/8/2012, 04:21 PM
Sometimes both, if we have company. My turkey was too dry at Thanksgiving. I need to fix that.

FirstandGoal
12/8/2012, 09:58 PM
Sometimes both, if we have company. My turkey was too dry at Thanksgiving. I need to fix that.

;)

Honestly, I really don't care for turkey at all and I barely tolerate the honey glazed. I like ham in sandwiches, but not as the main dish. I wish my family would be willing to do something outside the box like tacos or something but I know that as much as I suggest it, we're gonna end up with the same old traditional crap.

olevetonahill
12/8/2012, 10:01 PM
;)

Honestly, I really don't care for turkey at all and I barely tolerate the honey glazed. I like ham in sandwiches, but not as the main dish. I wish my family would be willing to do something outside the box like tacos or something but I know that as much as I suggest it, we're gonna end up with the same old traditional crap.

So you dont want an Invite to the Vet Christmas dinner huh?

8timechamps
12/8/2012, 10:10 PM
I've grown up with the turkey for Thanksgiving and the ham for Christmas, but this year we're doing both the turkey and ham for Christmas.

Flagstaffsooner
12/9/2012, 12:18 AM
Hamburger. Don't celebrate xmas.

olevetonahill
12/9/2012, 06:58 AM
Hamburger. Don't celebrate xmas.

I dont either anymore, Ill go by and give Grandkids gifts then head home

diverdog
12/9/2012, 08:12 AM
Thought about making a pole, but I'm too lazy to do that.

Do most of y'all have ham or turkey for Christmas dinner?

I prefer a nice honey glazed and maybe even a brisket if we're having enough people over.

i usually do Beef Wellington.

GottaHavePride
12/9/2012, 10:37 AM
I don't celebrate Christmas either, per se, but I do celebrate "That Day We Pretend Santa Claus is Real and Get Together and Give Gifts to People We Care About."

And on that day, we have turkey.

Tulsa_Fireman
12/9/2012, 02:50 PM
Fish eye soup and fried dog.

We welcome our new korean rapping overlords.

olevetonahill
12/9/2012, 03:11 PM

:excitement:

StoopTroup
12/9/2012, 04:56 PM

Is the recipe in Michelle's White House Cook Book? If not....it's some sort of disinformation by our Australian Overlord.

SanJoaquinSooner
12/25/2012, 10:54 PM
My turkey for thanksgiving was emBearAssingly dry. I was determined to get it right for Christmas and I did. Had a great meal today, with the turkey, cranberry sauce, marinated mushrooms, dressing, cole slaw, lettuce & spinach salad, olives, chiles, buttered and toasted ciabatta, made-from-scratch mac & cheese. Ok, I didn't make the cheese or the macaroni from scratch.

lexsooner
12/25/2012, 11:04 PM
Turkey, ham, and smoked salmon, mo fos!

olevetonahill
12/25/2012, 11:09 PM
Was going to my Sisters but then this weather hit and I dint take the chance so I opened a Can of Clam chowder and had a grilled cheese with it

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/25/2012, 11:09 PM
boiled shrimp & oysters on 1/2 shell. (I eat ham pretty often, anyway, and I had the obligatory turkey at thanksgiving.)

bluedogok
12/25/2012, 11:24 PM
This was our first Christmas not going back home or doing an Oklahoma/West Texas trips to family. We ended up going to The Charthouse in Genesee this afternoon for Christmas dinner. So we had seafood instead, in years past at my parents it has usually been ham and when we did Christmas at my relatives in Altus many years ago it was both ham and turkey.

FirstandGoal
12/27/2012, 07:13 AM
Wow, I think I might have to have Christmas dinner with SanJoachinSooner next year. Seriously sounds like a good spread.

I think I get frustrated with my family's lack of originality when it comes to holiday meals. Its like we're stuck in the same old Thanksgiving rut of the same tired old food (that I really don't enjoy very much) over and over again. Then to basically have the same kind of meal twice within the same month makes it even worse. Every time I try to suggest an alternate menu it gets shot down by everyone.

Anyway, I'm very happy now that I don't have to even think about enduring another honey-glazed until Easter.

Turd_Ferguson
12/27/2012, 08:56 AM
We always have turkey during the holidays for all the blue hairs in the family. I myself like a salt cured/smoked ham. Glazing a ham should be illegal IMO.

BigTip
12/27/2012, 09:27 AM
Always turkey. Sometimes ham in addition.

olevetonahill
12/27/2012, 09:33 AM
Always turkey. Sometimes ham in addition.

Thats the way I was raised, Turkey Dinner with Ham when we could afford it But always Turkey fer Thanks giving and Christmas

Was talking to mys youngest son last night tellin him I was thinkin of buy a turkey and cooking it then portioning it out into meals and freezing em.
he asked me if you could even buy Turkey thru out the year He thot they were only seasonal

BigTip
12/27/2012, 09:38 AM
Speaking of seasonal; we were enjoying big glasses of egg nog last night and somebody said, "Why don't they have egg nog year 'round?" The reply was, "Because we would all be morbidly obese if they did!"

Probably true.

olevetonahill
12/27/2012, 09:43 AM
Speaking of seasonal; we were enjoying big glasses of egg nog last night and somebody said, "Why don't they have egg nog year 'round?" The reply was, "Because we would all be morbidly obese if they did!"

Probably true.

Heh, I havnt drank any in years :topsy_turvy:

Jacie
12/28/2012, 12:50 PM
For Christmas, it is always one of those spiral cut hams with the maple glaze from Walmart but we also get a small turkey breast for those who don't want ham.