PDA

View Full Version : Christmas recipe/good cheer thread

8timechamps
12/7/2012, 10:24 PM
With parties and whatnot going down this time of year, I thought I would post a recipe I got a couple of years ago that is AMAZING, and really easy. It's not my recipe, in fact it's from one of the few other websites I regularly peruse (UniWatch.com):

Homemade Irish Cream

Start with some decent Irish whiskey — Bushmills, Jameson, Tullamore Dew, something like that (but not super-high-end stuff, because the nuances will be lost in this preparation). Pour a pint of the whiskey into a large-ish container and mix it with a can of sweetened condensed milk; a pint of heavy whipping cream; a tablespoon of chocolate syrup; a teaspoon of vanilla extract; a teaspoon of instant espresso dissolved in two tablespoons of hot water; and a quarter-teaspoon of almond extract.

Mix well (if the container has a tight lid, you can just shake vigorously), refrigerate, serve over ice, and get ready to become the most popular person in the room. No need to thank me afterward, but you’ll want to do so anyway — trust me.

olevetonahill
12/7/2012, 11:14 PM
Ima try that with OVJ :friendly_wink:

FirstandGoal
12/8/2012, 01:56 PM
Wow.

It sounds like it has a bajillion calories in it, but it sounds amazing. Might have to make a smaller batch and use it for spiking my herbal tea/coffee with.

rock on sooner
12/8/2012, 02:18 PM
Ima try that with OVJ :friendly_wink:

Wudja still call it Irish Cream?

GottaHavePride
12/9/2012, 10:48 AM
Nah, at that point it's be F-ing Hillbilly Cream. :D

olevetonahill
12/9/2012, 11:06 AM
Nah, at that point it's be F-ing Hillbilly Cream. :D

:excitement::very_drunk:

rock on sooner