PDA

View Full Version : So, how do ya like Tim Kish?

cleller
12/7/2012, 06:57 PM
Haven't heard much chatter at all about him. The whole focus is on Mike. The LBs have not been real dominant, but Shannon seems to have potential. I'm not guru enough to do much evaluating.

8timechamps
12/7/2012, 07:01 PM
Not enough time for me to know what to think, but the word is that he's really, really good on the recruiting trail. I guess we'll know more this time next year, but so far I like him.

cvsooner
12/7/2012, 07:54 PM
No idea. He hasn't had anything to do, apparently.

EatLeadCommie
12/7/2012, 08:05 PM
Reserving judgment until he has some linebackers to coach.

aurorasooner
12/7/2012, 11:11 PM
Reserving judgment until he "recruits" some linebackers to coach. Fixed. I know a lot of Sooner fans didn't particularly like BV as a DC, but he was a helluva recruiter. Hopefully Mike brought Kish with him not because he was a good 4th in a golfing foursome, but because he could recruit. With aTm going to the SEC as well as hiring Sumlin, who's a good recruiter, as their coach, along with TCU joining the Big 12 and Baylor's resurgence, our Staff better put up the clubs until after February and be hitting the highways to the high schools in Texas.
They'd also better think outside their typical stale game-plan box and come up with some early 2000s Big Game Bob Sooner magic or we'll be sucking hind tit come January 4th. This will be a very important game as far as recruiting goes, and giving up 700 or 800 yards or so won't cut it against aTm. On the other side of the ball, with a month to prepare, our offense better have some new looks with some originality or we're going to be playing catch-up the whole game like we did against Stool State (If we're lucky).
Losing big in this game is not an option. If that happens, then we'll flush any recruiting advantage that we supposedly had by beating the other 3 Texas teams and embarrassing the whorns again in the RRR.

Tulsa_Fireman
12/8/2012, 09:10 AM
Johnny Football : bowl game with OU :: Chris Weinke : bowl game with OU

cleller
12/8/2012, 09:45 AM
Johnny Football : bowl game with OU :: Chris Weinke : bowl game with OU

Who's going to : Torrance Marshal?

kevpks
12/8/2012, 10:51 AM
Who's going to : Torrance Marshal?

Tony Jefferson needs to make him wish he was Johnny Choir. Does anyone remember that hit he put on Taylor Martinez in the 2010 CCG? There was another QB with a stupid nickname. T-Magic. pfft...

Ruf/Nek7
12/8/2012, 11:58 AM
Don't know since Mike's preferred defense took all the LBs out and replace them with DB's. Our first recruiting class with them will tell more than anything we saw on the field this year.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/8/2012, 01:05 PM
Don't know since Mike's preferred defense took all the LBs out and replace them with DB's. Our first recruiting class with them will tell more than anything we saw on the field this year.

If I were the DC I wouldn't have wanted any of our linebackers on the field either. I watched about 40 teams play football this year and a legitimate argument could be made that every single one of them had better linebacker play than we did. Seriously, 2nd game of the year I was finding myself wishing we had that Hepburn kid from Florida A&M :(

OkieThunderLion
12/8/2012, 04:00 PM
Reserving judgment until he has some linebackers to coach.

He has plenty to choose from.

Part of the problem is Mike chooses his 7th pupil over Kish's best.

goingoneight
12/8/2012, 09:38 PM
It only makes sense to employ more DBs the way teams play four and five receiver sets with speedy RBs catching passes as well. Just means that there is additional stress put on the guys up front and the reduced number of guys manning the middle of the field.

boomersooner28
12/8/2012, 11:11 PM
Corey Nelson was supposed to be a STUD. WTH?

Okie35
12/9/2012, 01:59 AM

He is when he disguises his blitzes. Too many are telegraphed and he gets picked up.

OkieThunderLion
12/9/2012, 05:01 PM
Coach em up!

PalmBeachSooner
12/10/2012, 02:14 PM
If I were the DC I wouldn't have wanted any of our linebackers on the field either. I watched about 40 teams play football this year and a legitimate argument could be made that every single one of them had better linebacker play than we did. Seriously, 2nd game of the year I was finding myself wishing we had that Hepburn kid from Florida A&M :(

I totally agree. I was never a big fan of Tom "I graded Out High" Wort. He's a 'Wort-Hole' if you ask me! And no I would not say that to his face.

We definitely need bigger/faster linebackers.