PDA

View Full Version : The United States of Detroit aka Where We Are Heading

LiveLaughLove
12/7/2012, 02:37 PM
The state is getting plans ready for Detroit to file bankruptcy.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121207/OPINION03/212070365/State-laying-groundwork-managed-bankruptcy-Detroit?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

I'm not sure why they are bothering. It's a dead city thanks to a generation + of liberal government.

There is this though, Gays aren't welcome it seems. Survey names Detroit most gay unfriendly.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/12/05/survey-detroit-most-dangerous-u-s-city-for-gays/

The gem from this article is the local LGBT spokesthing says the fault lies with the Democrat controlled city for the last generation. Woops, I mean he blames the Republicans!

Yes that's right. It is somehow Republicans that create this atmosphere in Detroit. Because you know, there just isn't enough cowbell, er, Democrat control. Beautiful.

Speaking of beautiful. Detroit used to be.

http://www.urbanghostsmedia.com/2009/10/abandoned-detroit-incredible-images-of-a-lost-city/

Not so much anymore. Get ready folks, this is the boat we are on. The SS Liberal Policy is sailing.

FaninAma
12/7/2012, 03:00 PM
The states of Illinois and California are next. Isn't it getting to the point that non-respect is starting to turn into full blown disgust and despisal toward the progressives for their insistence on taking this nation down? I don't feel any empathy for those any longer who allow themselves to become dependent on the government handouts. They chose their path and they are now so dependent that they will not stop taking and producing more takers until this country is totally bankrupt along with all who live here.

LiveLaughLove
12/7/2012, 03:33 PM
The states of Illinois and California are next. Isn't it getting to the point that non-respect is starting to turn into full blown disgust and despisal toward the progressives for their insistence on taking this nation down? I don't feel any empathy for those any longer who allow themselves to become dependent on the government handouts. They chose their path and they are now so dependent that they will not stop taking and producing more takers until this country is totally bankrupt along with all who live here.

Agree on the last part. But the election showed that people are not disgusted with liberalism at all, and want more of it.

They despise us. People that want to function on their own and make something of their own for themselves and their families.

I've talked about it before, but the Athenians would not allow their largess to be lessened in order to field an army large enough to fight and win. They said no. Philip II marched on them, and they didn't do a thing until he was 3 days march away. It was too late then.

They lost their largess anyway as subjects of Macedonia, but they would not freely give it up to win the battle, which would have been winnable. As a note, Philip probably wouldn't have even marched on them had they had a large standing army, hint hint. But they had weakened it to allow for more domestic spending. This was in 338 BC, my how nothing changes.

soonercruiser
12/7/2012, 10:58 PM
Burn it down!
Bulldoze the surface!
Start over again with tents.

Or, let the union rebuild the hood with union dues.