PDA

View Full Version : StiffArmTrophy

Jmorales22
12/6/2012, 08:56 PM
Currently predicting Manziel with 78% in the lead. Klein in 3rd (surprising)

It's very likely we'll be up against another Heisman winner in the bowl game, with the usual hyperbole surrounding him. It probably plays in our guys' favor...

http://www.stiffarmtrophy.com/

kevpks
12/6/2012, 08:59 PM
It will be interesting to see who the west coast votes for since they don't have a finalist. That USC receiver Marqise Lee might be the best player I saw this year. Too bad his coach is inept.

Collier11
12/8/2012, 01:46 AM
StiffArm has never been wrong, Johnny will win but I dont think it is deserved

olevetonahill
12/8/2012, 02:23 AM

Agreed
the Heisman is No longer about the Best FOOTBALL player, Its about who ESPN is pimpin this year

Collier11
12/8/2012, 02:34 AM
yup, and before someone jumps on here and starts touting his STATS, go look at how he did in the other 2 big games this year other than bama

Collier11
12/8/2012, 02:35 AM
I would take Teo over Manziel any day

EatLeadCommie
12/8/2012, 03:39 AM

It's very likely we'll be up against another Heisman winner in the bowl game, with the usual hyperbole surrounding him. It probably plays in our guys' favor...

http://www.stiffarmtrophy.com/

How is Klein being in 3rd surprising? He has not been sharp since his injury.

swardboy
12/8/2012, 08:55 AM
Didn't Te'o rack up some bling last night on espn? I'm thinking the Notre Dame lobbying will get him the award. And I wouldn't argue with it.

olevetonahill
12/8/2012, 09:05 AM
Didn't Te'o rack up some bling last night on espn? I'm thinking the Notre Dame lobbying will get him the award. And I wouldn't argue with it.

Bet he dont even get close Bro. ESPN has annointed that kid from a and m

No one else stands a chance

badger
12/8/2012, 11:05 AM
they only got 20 percent of the vote. i wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of bias show up in the final poll. a lot of old traditionalists probably still don't either want to see:

- More S-E-C chanting
- A defensive player
- Yet another Notre Dame player
- A freshman
- A winner from the south
- Yet another winner from Notre Dame
- A player whose team didn't win the conference
- A player that isn't white (no joke, I've read that some Heisman voters will not rank black players as first on their ballot)

Whatever the bias, all signs point to... Collin Klein being a safe choice. I really hope so, not because he's a senior white quarterback on a non-SEC team from a school that hasn't won it repeatedly or even once before, but because he had an outstanding year.

kevpks
12/8/2012, 11:14 AM
I agree. By the way, next year I hope the Sooners get back to ending Heisman campaigns for opponents instead of starting them.

picasso
12/8/2012, 11:17 AM

He should be third. Behind the LB and Klein.

Jmorales22
12/8/2012, 11:42 AM
It looks like it's a landslide now. I guess if you put up average numbers for a big 12 quarterback, but do it in the SEC, that's good enough for a Heisman (even though the majority of opponents are teams like Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Auburn, Tennessee, etc)

Jason White's Third Knee
12/8/2012, 11:57 AM
Marketing is the only reason that the frosh is in the mix. He is a lot of fun though.

Teo deserves it, but if Suh didn't win, why would Teo.

More importantly, the song that they are using for Heismann promos is absolutely horrid.

JLEW1818
12/8/2012, 12:25 PM
If JM was a junior or senior y'all wouldn't be giving the Hawaiian a chance. This kid was not nearly as dominant a Suh, and he didn't even get close.

SoonerLaw09
12/8/2012, 01:58 PM
The fact that there are only 3 finalists indicates that the voting was a major landslide. Therefore Manziel is it. First freshman ever to win it. And I agree, if Suh didn't win it there's no way Te'o should. And Klein is overrated.

soonerfan82
12/8/2012, 08:17 PM
Let Manziel stay in the large group to win the Heisman and bust i their bowl game.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/8/2012, 08:27 PM

http://www.stiffarmtrophy.com/I'm fine with that. Better Johnny Dangerously than the domer guy(the praying manti)

12/8/2012, 08:30 PM
they only got 20 percent of the vote. i wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of bias show up in the final poll. a lot of old traditionalists probably still don't either want to see:

- More S-E-C chanting
- A defensive player
- Yet another Notre Dame player
- A freshman
- A winner from the south
- Yet another winner from Notre Dame
- A player whose team didn't win the conference
- A player that isn't white (no joke, I've read that some Heisman voters will not rank black players as first on their ballot)

Whatever the bias, all signs point to... Collin Klein being a safe choice. I really hope so, not because he's a senior white quarterback on a non-SEC team from a school that hasn't won it repeatedly or even once before, but because he had an outstanding year.y'right on, lil sis! dittos for sure.

Sabanball
12/8/2012, 09:09 PM
It's an SEC conspiracy!!

12/8/2012, 09:15 PM
Should provide motivation for OU in the bowl. Hopefully we can fare better against aTm than the former #1 team did.

Soonerus
12/8/2012, 09:37 PM
Stiffarmtrophy = 11 straight...

BoulderSooner79
12/8/2012, 09:53 PM
It's an SEC conspiracy!!

There's some truth to that - not conspiracy, but some bias. Did you see the results right after the presentation? Biggest lead for Manziel was from voters in the southeast region of the country.

12/8/2012, 11:29 PM
There's some truth to that - not conspiracy, but some bias. Did you see the results right after the presentation? Biggest lead for Manziel was from voters in the southeast region of the country.Manti barely won the north central region, too, with Manziel a close second. I tend to think a lot of voters up there weren't real hot on voting for domer. ESPeNis seemed surprised that Manziel did as well as he did in the north central region.