PDA

View Full Version : Mike Gundy says, 'that just ain't true!'

nighttrain12
12/6/2012, 12:27 PM
Gotta love that Aggie cornpone talk.

http://newsok.com/mike-gundys-philosophy-on-tough-nonconference-schedules-just-aint-true/article/3734954?custom_click=masthead_topten

Flagstaffsooner
12/6/2012, 12:44 PM
If OSU had played Northern Arizona this season instead of the University of Arizona, the Cowboys would probably be in the Houston bowl instead of the Heart of Malice Bowl.

I wish they would and play here. I would actually go to the game and wear blue and gold. Barf!

StoopTroup
12/6/2012, 12:54 PM
Who the hell is this Mike Gumby guy?

olevetonahill
12/6/2012, 02:26 PM
Gotta love that Aggie cornpone talk.

http://newsok.com/mike-gundys-philosophy-on-tough-nonconference-schedules-just-aint-true/article/3734954?custom_click=masthead_topten

I reckon i dont see nary a thing wrong with the way Gumby talks

badger
12/6/2012, 02:45 PM
It's an interesting thing to consider... but I suspect that the reason [hairGel] is so eager to lighten the non-conference load is because his teams have notoriously struggled in their non-conference schedules, even if the schedule may appear on paper to be paper-light.

2005 (Gundy's first year): Only beat Arkansas State by 10 at home, only beat Montana State by 5 at home
2006: Lost at Houston 25-34
2007: Lost at Georgia and at Troy (the latter was national televised on a Friday night. And it was AWESOME)
2008: Nothing to see here...
2009: One week after gracing TWO SI covers in a row (the preseason one with Zac behind center, then the Dez Bryant catch after week one)... embarrassed at home by Houston. Whoops.
2010: If I haven't reminded you lately, BRANDON WEEDEN FUMBLED IN VICTORY FORMATION, causing OSU to nearly lose at home to Troy (but they won by 3 instead)

I've got nuthin' on 2011 or 12, but they did lose to Zona earlier this year, if that matters. Still, it's a respectable BCS conference opponent.

So maybe Gundy wants to beat Savannah States by 84 repeatedly at home. That'll sure put America's Brightest Orange butts in the seats. :stunned:

tycat947
12/6/2012, 03:27 PM
Who the hell is this Mike Gumby guy?

He's a MAN! And he's FORTY!!!