PDA

View Full Version : Senior Bowl/NFL Early Entrants

stoops the eternal pimp
12/5/2012, 09:38 PM
I know it's still a ways away, but I got a text from a committee member saying Lane Johnson was one of the first invites sent out and he has accepted. Will add or someone else can add players as they are invited here.

OkieThunderLion
12/6/2012, 10:40 AM
Landry, and maybe one/two of the senior DLs are the only other ones I'd think might get a look. Brown/Hurst are long shots. Way?

stoops the eternal pimp
12/6/2012, 01:44 PM
I think Brown and probably a DL end up there..

NFL early entrant news, No surpise that Keenan Allen, WR from Cal has declared for the draft..Nice size, physical with speed..Right now he is my 2nd WR off the board.

badger
12/6/2012, 01:47 PM
Kenny's going to announce right after the bowl, isn't he?

yukonsooner
12/6/2012, 02:12 PM
I don't know if Kenny has had the type of year to leave. However, that being said, his numbers could be lower next year with a new QB and so many qualified WR's to catch the reduced number of passes.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/6/2012, 02:38 PM
His stats at this point Kenny's stats won't matter unless it's due to his drops...Allen lost nearly 40 catches from 2011 to 2012, only had one 100 yard game this season...NFL coaches know what he can do.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/6/2012, 10:54 PM
BTW, I think by the time we roll around to the draft, Lane Johnson will be the first Sooner off the board.

SoonerShay
12/6/2012, 11:17 PM
BTW, I think by the time we roll around to the draft, Lane Johnson will be the first Sooner off the board.

How has Lane Johnson graded out this year?

stoops the eternal pimp
12/7/2012, 09:14 AM
As far as our coaches, I don't know..I know that in his matchups with some high quality DL, he has done extremely well..Especially considering a kid who played QB in high school and just 2 years of line..I thought he was outstanding against ND while he was in there.

Anyway, as good as he did this year, he still hasn't learned the finer parts of playing tackle..hand use, etc..But he has a big frame with good balance in his feet and somewhat of a mean streak..

I think he probably goes back to RT in the NFL so that knocks him back into a 2nd round pick ala Loadholt when he was drafted..But he is a good one.

SoonerShay
12/7/2012, 11:36 AM
As far as our coaches, I don't know..I know that in his matchups with some high quality DL, he has done extremely well..Especially considering a kid who played QB in high school and just 2 years of line..I thought he was outstanding against ND while he was in there.

Anyway, as good as he did this year, he still hasn't learned the finer parts of playing tackle..hand use, etc..But he has a big frame with good balance in his feet and somewhat of a mean streak..

I think he probably goes back to RT in the NFL so that knocks him back into a 2nd round pick ala Loadholt when he was drafted..But he is a good one.

Thanx! I figured he had to have been playing really well this year, especially as of late. The TCU and osu dlines were basically nullified, Devonte Fields was leading the conference in sacks up to that game.
Kind of reminded me of when Trent Williams faced Von Miller in 2009.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/10/2012, 01:10 PM
Marcus Lattimore announced he is leaving early..I've got him as a 4th-5th round guy which will depend on doctor's reports.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/10/2012, 01:20 PM
Also, I heard Friday that Collin Klein will most likely not get a Senior Bowl invite, maybe a first for a senior QB who was a heisman candidate.

BoulderSooner79
12/10/2012, 02:31 PM
Marcus Lattimore announced he is leaving early..I've got him as a 4th-5th round guy which will depend on doctor's reports.

Didn't McGahee go first round even though the Bills knew he would miss his rookie year?

stoops the eternal pimp
12/10/2012, 02:39 PM
Lattimore has 2 injured knees which is a little different..Also, when I say depending on doctor's reports, I mean he is probably a mid round pick with a good report..

colleyvillesooner
12/10/2012, 02:41 PM
yeah, 23rd to the bills. but this is Lattimore's second knee injury.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/10/2012, 02:47 PM
Lattimore doesn't translate into the league as well as mcgahee, even healthy..

BoulderSooner79
12/10/2012, 03:12 PM
I do remember most analysts saying the Bills were making a mistake, but it worked out okay for them. Lattimore seemed to have recovered from the 1st injury, but I didn't follow USCe very closely.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/10/2012, 03:14 PM
The main issue is that before being injured, Lattimore showed no 2nd gear..He was just a tough north-south SEC RB...

stoops the eternal pimp
12/10/2012, 03:15 PM
I do remember most analysts saying the Bills were making a mistake, but it worked out okay for them. Lattimore seemed to have recovered from the 1st injury, but I didn't follow USCe very closely.

I would like to go on record saying I wasn't one of them..I thought it was a great move on their part.

rock on sooner
12/10/2012, 03:18 PM
Also, I heard Friday that Collin Klein will most likely not get a Senior Bowl invite, maybe a first for a senior QB who was a heisman candidate.

Do ya think he'd accept if invited? His body of work plus pro day
at K St and combine would be more than enough, wouldn't it?

stoops the eternal pimp
12/10/2012, 03:19 PM
He probably would..Senior Bowl is very valuable to guys like him...Get a week with NFL position coaches to get help on what he would have to show at combine..

stoops the eternal pimp
12/10/2012, 03:20 PM
Since he didn't run a conventional offense at K State especially..His film at KState wouldn't show NFL guys much.

rock on sooner
12/10/2012, 03:38 PM
He probably would..Senior Bowl is very valuable to guys like him...Get a week with NFL position coaches to get help on what he would have to show at combine..

Well, if he doesn't get an invite, think that means the pros would look at
him as a TE? Other thing, that QB guru that LJ went to might get a call...

stoops the eternal pimp
12/10/2012, 03:44 PM
Klein was recruited at WR, but I don't think he has Matt Jones type speed to move over there...Maybe mechanically there is some things that can be fixed..and I'm sure someone will take a late flier on him..

stoops the eternal pimp
12/10/2012, 03:44 PM
I think you do whatever you are asked to do at first to get the invite and then ask to practice with both groups when you get there.

BoulderSooner79
12/10/2012, 05:56 PM
Since he didn't run a conventional offense at K State especially..His film at KState wouldn't show NFL guys much.

Unfortunately, I think it would. His throwing mechanics are hard to ignore.But who knows, that Kaepernick kid had very ugly mechanics while at Nevada.

8timechamps
12/10/2012, 07:20 PM
Lattimore has 2 injured knees which is a little different..Also, when I say depending on doctor's reports, I mean he is probably a mid round pick with a good report..

I can't blame the kid for giving it a try, but with two major knee injuries, would a team really roll the dice on this kid? Just seems like an extremely high risk. When was the last time a RB had two major knee injuries and came back to play at a level fitting of the NFL?

Scott D
12/10/2012, 09:29 PM
Unfortunately, I think it would. His throwing mechanics are hard to ignore.But who knows, that Kaepernick kid had very ugly mechanics while at Nevada.

Klein just needs to perform a few circumcisions in the Philippines before the draft, and he's in like Flint.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/23/2012, 12:27 PM
Landry Jones officially in the Senior Bowl..btw, this marks 16 straight years for the Sooners to have at least 1 Senior Bowl participant.

8timechamps
12/23/2012, 09:14 PM
Landry Jones officially in the Senior Bowl..btw, this marks 16 straight years for the Sooners to have at least 1 Senior Bowl participant.

This is interesting to me. How much of Landry's participation has to do with scouts wanting him to play versus someone in his camp wanting to put him out there?

I always think the risk/reward of the Senior Bowl is a little questionable for some guys.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/24/2012, 09:50 AM
They want to see him under center...He has done it before but not as much as Bradford did.

I don't think he will do anything that will hurt him and there is little risk for him..

The guys it hurts are the kellen moore's, the guys people aren't really sure about to begin with.

Mjcpr
12/24/2012, 11:39 AM
The guys it hurts are the kellen moore's, the guys people aren't really sure about to begin with.

How many Kellen Moore's are there going to be??!

stoops the eternal pimp
12/24/2012, 12:03 PM
Zac Dysert, Aaron Murray, EJ Manuel...lot of those guys in this draft.

8timechamps
12/24/2012, 07:05 PM
They want to see him under center...He has done it before but not as much as Bradford did.

I don't think he will do anything that will hurt him and there is little risk for him..

I didn't think about that, thanks. The risk I was thinking about is more the physical kind, but I know that's a rarity.

EJ Manuel is an interesting QB. I think he could be a risky proposition as I can see him floundering, but his physical attributes can't be ignored.

Mjcpr
12/24/2012, 07:07 PM
Zac Dysert, Aaron Murray, EJ Manuel...lot of those guys in this draft.

Obviously, my joke was too smart for you.

:D

swardboy
12/25/2012, 08:47 PM
STEP, I'll be very interested to see how Brandon Williams does. He's the MIAA Defensive Player of the Year, and a 6'3" 325 lb. defensive lineman from Missouri Southern. He set the sack record at MSSU with 27 over his career. Might do a 4.9 50. A very engaging, smart young man that had a stellar college career.

8timechamps
12/25/2012, 09:24 PM
STEP, I'll be very interested to see how Brandon Williams does. He's the MIAA Defensive Player of the Year, and a 6'3" 325 lb. defensive lineman from Missouri Southern. He set the sack record at MSSU with 27 over his career. Might do a 4.9 50. A very engaging, smart young man that had a stellar college career.

Defense tackle, I'm assuming?

swardboy
12/25/2012, 10:30 PM
Defense tackle, I'm assuming?

Basically, but he played everywhere on the d-line, from nose to 5 technique outside the tackle. Quite an honor for him to get the invite, and so early on, considering the small college background.

OkieThunderLion
12/25/2012, 10:55 PM

Yeah, Kaepernick has a long delivery but the arm strength was there. Klein can't throw it. He's a Tebow.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/26/2012, 09:47 AM
Obviously, my joke was too smart for you.

:D

oh I understand it..I just put a jk block on your humor.

PrideMom
12/26/2012, 09:58 AM
If I was Pro scout I would already be impressed with Landry on how well he can handle a two minute offense! I don't think a lot of people understand how difficult that feat is!!

BoulderSooner79
12/26/2012, 12:17 PM
If I was Pro scout I would already be impressed with Landry on how well he can handle a two minute offense! I don't think a lot of people understand how difficult that feat is!!

If I was a scout for the Jets, I would be impressed with Landry on how well he can handle being ragged on by his own fan base.

:beaten:

badger
12/26/2012, 12:45 PM
If I was a scout for the Jets, I would be impressed with Landry on how well he can handle being ragged on by his own fan base.

:beaten:
They need someone who can handle fanbase ragging. Philadelphia's in the market for a QB like that too.

That is one of Landry's finer points --- when the game sucks, when he's making mistakes and when the fans are bemoaning him not doing as well as he might otherwise have been expected to do... he has the same, blank, dorky meerkat expression :D

stoops the eternal pimp
1/8/2013, 03:38 PM
Demontre Hurst is playing in the Shrine Game..kind of surprised..

swardboy
1/8/2013, 03:44 PM
I'm guessing missing this game is not good for early entrants like Stills and Jefferson. Wonder how much it knocks them down in the draft?

stoops the eternal pimp
1/8/2013, 04:20 PM
Won't effect them any..Combine and game film will be enough on them.

HoustonOkie
1/8/2013, 04:58 PM
Add Content

Mjcpr
1/8/2013, 05:04 PM
Add Content

Took the words right out of my mouf.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/8/2013, 05:11 PM
Concerning who?

stoops the eternal pimp
1/16/2013, 12:02 PM
Some Shrine game notes:

Colin Klein looks awful..they ran some zone option stuff with him that he did ok with, but post routes...seam routes..just not good.

Ray Graham should be at the Senior Bowl, not at the Shrine game..burst, cuts..will be a nice backup somewhere.

Seth Doege has no arm strength whatsoever..

Hurst has done well, but Terry Hawthorne from Illinois has been excellent so far. Has done well against smallish type WRs and the bigger physical ones. Biggest advantage he has is he is 6'1.

I was hoping Demontre would come in a legit 5'10 but he barely scraped 5'9..He does possess a good arm length and a good wingspan. He'll have a good week against some lesser competition, but I think no matter what he does, he is a mid round kind of player.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/20/2013, 02:18 PM
My co conspirators have arrived at riverview hotel and are talking with players now.

Denard Robinson will be playing RB, WR, and return kicks this week.. He intrigues me a lot.

He s a popular guy so far.. Dolphins and Seahawks already visiting with him.

Arthur brown from k state is receiving Interest from the 49ers.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/20/2013, 02:23 PM
The Dallas cowboys are talking to every offensive lineman or anyone that looks like a lineman..

Visiting with kyle long from Oregon now.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/20/2013, 02:29 PM
Texans said they are going to interview Around 150 players this week.

8timechamps
1/20/2013, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the info STEP, keep 'em coming...

jk the sooner fan
1/20/2013, 04:50 PM
oh I understand it..I just put a jk block on your humor.

where is that damn white cat

stoops the eternal pimp
1/20/2013, 05:17 PM
I mentioned Ryan Nassib from Syracuse as a qb to watch in one of the threads..Man, this guy is all over the boards..I've heard a few ramblings of him being possibly the irst QB taken..

I say he is Jake Locker all over again.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/20/2013, 05:19 PM
Also I failed to mention this a while back that Landry Jones has been working with George Whitfield since the season end...Mostly working with taking snaps under center and footwork..some release issues being tightened up also.

Also a first. 2 non seniors participating this year in the game

Gonna sticky this thread until the end of the week.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/20/2013, 05:40 PM
The Chief are wasting no time and doing some deep work..

THe players they are visiting with, they are asking the player to diagram a play that they ran in college and what their responsibility was on the play(fuzzy pic, but matt took it with his phone...

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af61/bobbystoops/photo2.jpg

And also for some reason, Ryan Swope just cracks us up

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af61/bobbystoops/photo1.jpg

stoops the eternal pimp
1/20/2013, 08:48 PM
Mike Glennon getting a lot of comparisons to Matt Ryan when talking development at the same point in careers. Lot of scouts like this guy.

Collier11
1/21/2013, 12:09 AM
My co conspirators have arrived at riverview hotel and are talking with players now.

Denard Robinson will be playing RB, WR, and return kicks this week.. He intrigues me a lot.

Arthur Brown alot like Ahmad Brooks?

Collier11
1/21/2013, 12:10 AM
Mike Glennon getting a lot of comparisons to Matt Ryan when talking development at the same point in careers. Lot of scouts like this guy.

wasnt Ryan more consisten in College?

stoops the eternal pimp
1/21/2013, 12:11 AM

Arthur Brown alot like Ahmad Brooks?

Yeah.. The thing they noticed was how he stood out in the lobby among the other players.. Kind of a old school solid built linebacker..

Fraggle145
1/21/2013, 03:50 PM
I can't blame the kid for giving it a try, but with two major knee injuries, would a team really roll the dice on this kid? Just seems like an extremely high risk. When was the last time a RB had two major knee injuries and came back to play at a level fitting of the NFL?

Frank Gore?

stoops the eternal pimp
1/21/2013, 04:01 PM
Tons of notes to post later.. Board being down was not at a good time but I've got a lot to post after 5pm or so

Weigh ins today as well as practice notes and some freakish measurements.

badger
1/21/2013, 04:13 PM
Like average joe job interviews, are there any interview questions that are disallowed or any topics that are off limits?

stoops the eternal pimp
1/21/2013, 04:15 PM
No...It's why te'o didn't show..They would have grilled him.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/21/2013, 05:33 PM
wasnt Ryan more consisten in College?

Ryan was very inconsistent..Threw nearly 20 picks his last year at BC, low throwing percentage.

swardboy
1/21/2013, 05:36 PM
But he had one great game on TV and so the media legend begins.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/21/2013, 05:37 PM
i've got some news and thoughts on your boy Williams when I get back to my own pc later..Nice showing for him today.

Collier11
1/21/2013, 10:00 PM
quit fartin around Nolen

stoops the eternal pimp
1/21/2013, 10:30 PM
OK...Some freakish measurements today.

Starting with DJ Fluker, OT from Alabama..He came in at 6'4, 355 which was huge..But the impressive number was an 87" wingspan..insane

Margus Hunt DE from SMU..6'8, 277 lbs with 82 inch wingspan..I've never seen a football player that big as ripped as him.

Landry was 6'3 1/2, 221 lbs..Lane Johnson was 6'6 302.

Denard Robinson disappointed at 5'10 196..

stoops the eternal pimp
1/21/2013, 10:31 PM
Bengals scout on Lane Johnson "No way he makes it out of the 2nd and he can move up to the 1st."

stoops the eternal pimp
1/21/2013, 10:32 PM
one scout said that probably no one will have an idea on what quarterback they want were until a week before the draft..said this has been the most difficult qb class he has ever had to rank.

Collier11
1/21/2013, 10:32 PM
If he had a police record the Bengals would draft him Top 10

stoops the eternal pimp
1/21/2013, 10:36 PM
One of the most popular players today with big12 flavor was WR Terrence Williams..Teams just waited in line to talk to him and he had a good practice afterwards..With all the WRs they have, the Falcons were the team who had the most love for him.

Also, a name I mentioned earlier, Robert Alford from SE Louisiana..I mentioned he would be jumping up boards...he was battling 6'2 Terrence Williams strongly in practice today..really showed he could play against stiffer competition

stoops the eternal pimp
1/21/2013, 10:40 PM
Ryan Swope, WR from aTm, had a rough day..3 drops that were easy grabs.

When Nick Saban showed up, the atmosphere of the whole place changed...

It's interesting that the Vikings spent a lot of time talking to RBs today...Stepfan Taylor from Stanford and Ellington from Clemson.

Not a lot of notes from north practice, but I know a lot of interceptions were thrown.

Ryan Nassib is just an impressive guy..I don't know that he will be the pro some guys think, but don't be surprised to see him as the 2nd qb taken.

Another name to hold on to..Zach Dysert from Miami(oH)...Can do about anything you want from a QB..just a victim of lackluster WRs in college.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/21/2013, 10:47 PM
Landry and Tyler Wilson were probably both equally as impressive today but that isn't saying much..Not a lot from the south QBs today..That's expected as timing, routes, etc are going to take some reps to get down.

Jacksonville visited with Tyler, Mike Glennon, EJ Manuel, and Landry Jones today

stoops the eternal pimp
1/21/2013, 10:50 PM
Some noticed team/player observations today- KC- Kenjon Barner RB Oregon, LB Zavier Gooden, LB Vince Williams, 5 different OTs
Rams- Andre Ellington RB CLemson
Falcons- Terrence Williams WR

stoops the eternal pimp
1/22/2013, 09:37 AM
At least 5 teams now saying Lane Johnson can play left tackle at the next level..last week, that was about 2 teams..I say by the end of today, everyone begins to project him at LT, which means 1st round pick.

Mjcpr
1/22/2013, 09:47 AM
At least 5 teams now saying Lane Johnson can play left tackle at the next level..last week, that was about 2 teams..I say by the end of today, everyone begins to project him at LT, which means 1st round pick.

We must be loaded on the OL because he could only manage part time player status at OU.

badger
1/22/2013, 10:44 AM
Ryan Swope, WR from aTm, had a rough day..3 drops that were easy grabs.

When Nick Saban showed up, the atmosphere of the whole place changed...

It's interesting that the Vikings spent a lot of time talking to RBs today...Stepfan Taylor from Stanford and Ellington from Clemson.

Not a lot of notes from north practice, but I know a lot of interceptions were thrown.

Ryan Nassib is just an impressive guy..I don't know that he will be the pro some guys think, but don't be surprised to see him as the 2nd qb taken.

Another name to hold on to..Zach Dysert from Miami(oH)...Can do about anything you want from a QB..just a victim of lackluster WRs in college.

AD has too much guaranteed money to drop him, but that guy from Stanford that Harbaugh campaigned unsuccessfully for the Heisman? He's replaceable, right?

stoops the eternal pimp
1/22/2013, 10:49 AM
Gerhart doesn't fit the purpose of a backup..Really want a multi-dimentional back off the bench..

So far this morning, Denard Robinson is fielding punts and unlike yesterday, he can catch them.

Zach Dysert is not having a good day so far...

stoops the eternal pimp
1/22/2013, 11:02 AM
Swardboy, Brandon Williams said that he is being told by NFL teams that he going anywhere from early 2nd to 4th round.

badger
1/22/2013, 11:16 AM
I know it's early, but so far, who are the biggest winners and losers of the senior bowl? Whose draft stock is rising and falling the fastest/farthest/???

stoops the eternal pimp
1/22/2013, 11:20 AM
Denard Robinson dropped some due to measurements..

But no one has really dropped yet..none of the QBs look that good as of now.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/22/2013, 11:23 AM
a day and a half in..Lane Johnson is going to get paid.

Also, the Steelers continue their tradition..They are the only team that will meet with players exclusively in private..will not discuss players around other personnel..

stoops the eternal pimp
1/22/2013, 11:28 AM
just a note on what quarterbacks see:

The defenses will run cover 1, cover 3 while the routes are pretty limited: verticals, slants, curls..

The important thing is ball placement more than anything..If the receiver has to catch the ball behind him or cut off his route, there is no bonus for completing the pass..

badger
1/22/2013, 11:30 AM
Denard Robinson dropped some due to measurements..

But no one has really dropped yet..none of the QBs look that good as of now.

How many QBs are there?

stoops the eternal pimp
1/22/2013, 11:57 AM
How many QBs are there?

6 qb's on rosters..probably a handful more hanging around waiting for someone to get hurt or talking to teams.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/22/2013, 11:59 AM
South team offensive coordinator said one of the things they are watching from LJ is how he commands a huddle and basically calling his own offense...so far, so good.

swardboy
1/22/2013, 12:58 PM
Swardboy, Brandon Williams said that he is being told by NFL teams that he going anywhere from early 2nd to 4th round.

Excellent. He's a really good kid too. Very well-spoken guy.

Nice news for Lane too. I must confess, he kind of flew under my radar as a Sooner. The burden of a lineman as regards fame?

stoops the eternal pimp
1/22/2013, 01:00 PM
Because the line always gets grouped together..when the fan experts talk, it's the "offensive line" isn't good rather than this guy or that one..

sluggo sooner
1/22/2013, 01:38 PM
From Day 1:

"In 11-on-11’s, Patton started things off by making a great catch on an intermediate throw by Jones. The Oklahoma quarterback does a great job of throwing on the run and the Detroit coaching staff had him do several designed rollouts during the practice, which showcased his mobility and accuracy on the move."

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=8724:&Itemid=15

sluggo sooner
1/22/2013, 01:40 PM
Some more from the same site on Johnson:

"Ansah also made a nice play at the line of scrimmage by anticipating a throw by Jones and getting his hands up to swat it down for an incompletion. But Ansah had trouble with Oklahoma right tackle Lane Johnson, who was the most impressive lineman during the South practice on Monday.

Johnson did a great job of shielding Ansah away from the quarterbacks, although he did overextend a bit on South Florida defensive tackle Corey Grissom. The 6-foot-6, 303-pound Johnson is long and lean, but muscular. He’s athletic and has a very good knee bend that allows him to play low with a wide base."

sluggo sooner
1/22/2013, 01:42 PM
Tad more:

"The offensive linemen finally got it together about halfway through the drill and it all started with Oklahoma Lane Johnson. The Sooner tackle stonewalled Clemson’s Mallich Goodman in one of his mini-battles, and was perhaps the most dominant lineman for the South squad on Monday. Johnson is a flexible tackle who played both the left and right side, sometimes on alternating series this season. The ability to play both sides most certainly is an intangible that scouts love."

stoops the eternal pimp
1/22/2013, 02:20 PM
Marcus lattimore strolling around today.. Walking strong but still looks like a 4th-5th round pick

badger
1/22/2013, 02:26 PM
Marcus lattimore strolling around today.. Walking strong but still looks like a 4th-5th round pick

Did he have eligibility left? Would he have benefited from staying at **** another year? Or are the injuries such that he'll have very little career left, regardless of where he plays?

jk the sooner fan
1/22/2013, 02:29 PM
he is a senior

stoops the eternal pimp
1/22/2013, 02:54 PM
BTW, i have created a twitter account just for draft talk/[email protected] and i will follow back.

LakeRat
1/22/2013, 03:23 PM
87" wing span on fluker is unreal!! I looked up KD's and it is 89". That is insane!

I wonder how a potential 1st rounder was not our fulltime left tackle?

stoops the eternal pimp
1/22/2013, 03:28 PM
Yeah, at 6'4 that is insane..and as far as our coach's personnel decision, I have no idea.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/22/2013, 03:42 PM
Landry is showing a live arm but ball is sailing today.

jk the sooner fan
1/22/2013, 03:48 PM
tricky wind?

stoops the eternal pimp
1/22/2013, 03:53 PM
These coaches are moving him all around today..bootlegs, etc...some stuff he isn't use to.

jk the sooner fan
1/22/2013, 03:56 PM
he isnt embarrassing himself is he? ;)

stoops the eternal pimp
1/22/2013, 04:31 PM
No way..the qb's overall just have not been impressive..The talk today has been Tyler Wilson's hands..I think LJ just automaticallly passed him due to fumbling concerns.

jk the sooner fan
1/22/2013, 04:47 PM
care to expound on the jefferson references in your tweets?

stoops the eternal pimp
1/22/2013, 04:54 PM
Jefferson and Stills both are not schmidt's players..They both at times have had issues with his training methods..I wouldn't say they are both leaving early because of him, but their relationship hasn't helped..And they aren't the only 2 either..

so when I read the rumor about Jefferson being criticized by a coach, I know exactly who it was..

As far as Jefferson's and Stills attitudes themselves, I'm sure they can be hard to deal with.

badger
1/22/2013, 05:07 PM
Jefferson and Stills both are not schmidt's players..They both at times have had issues with his training methods..I wouldn't say they are both leaving early because of him, but their relationship hasn't helped..And they aren't the only 2 either..

so when I read the rumor about Jefferson being criticized by a coach, I know exactly who it was..

As far as Jefferson's and Stills attitudes themselves, I'm sure they can be hard to deal with.

Is the strength and conditioning coach usually the most hated on the coaching staff among players, or is it just our guy that seems to be unliked?

stoops the eternal pimp
1/22/2013, 05:09 PM
Some players believe some injuries are a result of his methods..

Fraggle145
1/22/2013, 10:08 PM
So I know there has been a lot of smoke about this over the years, but is there any truth to it?

Salt City Sooner
1/22/2013, 11:44 PM
Daniel Jeremiah of NFL Network had some good things to say about Jones in this evenings' recap. Said he's had 2 solid practices, & is the standout among the South QB's to this point (also pointed out that the S QB's as a group were considerably better than the north. Said that one of the biggest questions about LJ was his accuracy when on the run & so far he's handled such instances well.

He also said that he thought Lane Johnson has played himself into a first round lock. Mayock was gushing over Lane earlier in the show as well, saying he's "stoned everybody", has the feet & the hands, & scouts were telling him that they liked his "nasty finish."

Fraggle145
1/23/2013, 10:35 AM
Daniel Jeremiah of NFL Network had some good things to say about Jones in this evenings' recap. Said he's had 2 solid practices, & is the standout among the South QB's to this point (also pointed out that the S QB's as a group were considerably better than the north. Said that one of the biggest questions about LJ was his accuracy when on the run & so far he's handled such instances well.

He also said that he thought Lane Johnson has played himself into a first round lock. Mayock was gushing over Lane earlier in the show as well, saying he's "stoned everybody", has the feet & the hands, & scouts were telling him that they liked his "nasty finish."

All of this makes me wonder why he wasnt our LT... or was he playing up to this potential during the year. If he was then what was Patton/Kittle thinking?

Salt City Sooner
1/23/2013, 03:27 PM
Video link to my above post:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000129812/Which-players-have-emerged-at-Senior-Bowl?campaign=Twitter_videos_jeremiah

sluggo sooner
1/23/2013, 03:58 PM
All of this makes me wonder why he wasnt our LT... or was he playing up to this potential during the year. If he was then what was Patton/Kittle thinking?

At least give them credit for moving him from TE to OT.

Salt City Sooner
1/23/2013, 05:12 PM
There's not a single game in which Johnson started (he was banged up for ISU & BU & didn't start either game) where he's not listed as the starting LT.

starclassic tama
1/23/2013, 10:55 PM
lane johnson makes his debut on kiper's big board at #18

He has really long arms, and can absorb rushers. He's pretty technically sound with his feet given a relative lack of experience on the O-line, and he plays relaxed as a pass-blocker. In terms of natural skills, he grades high, but he'll pick up some tricks as he gains more reps against better talent.

for those that don't have espn insider

stoops the eternal pimp
1/25/2013, 09:34 AM
Congrats to Lane Johnson for winning the Outstanding Lineman award this week at the SB...He and Eric Fisher from CMU both earned themselves some extra cash thi week.

Was able to watch some LJ yesterday and pretty much the same..Natural in the no huddle work, but fumbled his first snap under center..quick read plays were excellent..plays with progression, he looked slow and threw behind some guys.

Mjcpr
1/25/2013, 09:45 AM
Couldn't crack our starting lineup, hope he can in the pros!

jk the sooner fan
1/25/2013, 09:55 AM
i've read several practice reports this week - and i see some that think Jones is REALLY helping his draft stock - and then a couple others (fewer) that think he's just ok with some limitations

then i read about the QB from NC State and see where a few think he's just allsome - but most of the practice reports say that he's a bust and that they dont understand the hype.....he has a huge arm and that's about it

starclassic tama
1/25/2013, 01:04 PM

who?

sluggo sooner
1/25/2013, 01:57 PM

He is listed on Sooner Sports as having started 11 out of 13 games, and as has been stated before, did not start 2 (BU and ISU in think) because of injury - but played some, nonetheless.

Mjcpr
1/25/2013, 02:21 PM
For some reason, I keep thinking he was like a 3rd swing tackle and got game actino but that Williams and Thompson seemed to always start. Apparently, I was misremembering.

Harry Beanbag
1/25/2013, 03:27 PM
Apparently, I was misremembering.

Yes, but it was in a great way.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/25/2013, 03:34 PM
certainly

Fraggle145
1/25/2013, 03:37 PM
i've read several practice reports this week - and i see some that think Jones is REALLY helping his draft stock - and then a couple others (fewer) that think he's just ok with some limitations

then i read about the QB from NC State and see where a few think he's just allsome - but most of the practice reports say that he's a bust and that they dont understand the hype.....he has a huge arm and that's about it

I know some of the reports I saw say that he is really good at extending plays... And I was like "Huh?"

stoops the eternal pimp
1/25/2013, 03:47 PM
I'm kind of in the "OK" camp myself on Landry..The things that you think he would do well at(no huddle, stuff he did at OU) he did..stuff that he didn't so well at(fumbled snaps, slow on reads and progressions, wtf throws) wasn't surprising either...

I mean he didn't hurt himself like some others did and no one was outstanding and set themselves apart..

soon3rfan
1/26/2013, 05:21 PM
There goes Landry looking like garbage in the Senior Bowl.

jk the sooner fan
1/26/2013, 05:23 PM
i think the game is meaningless - they make their money during the practice week

Collier11
1/27/2013, 01:26 PM
as Nolen often says, most of the scouts and coaches are gone before kickoff

stoops the eternal pimp
1/27/2013, 03:43 PM
EJ Manuel won the mvp....He still is a 4th-5th round pick..Like C11 and jk said, monday through wed night/thursday morning is when it matters.

Boomer.....
2/7/2013, 12:54 PM
From Jake Trotter:

6 Sooners have been invited to combine: Landry, Lane, Stills, Jefferson, McGee, Wort (No King, McFarland, Harris, Brown, Hurst, Walker)

Wort going but not Hurst, Brown, or King?

OkieThunderLion
2/7/2013, 01:32 PM
From Jake Trotter:

Wort going but not Hurst, Brown, or King?

I'm surprised King and McFarland didn't get an invite.

Curly Bill
2/7/2013, 01:53 PM
I'm surprised Wort did get one.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/8/2013, 01:27 AM
I knew Hurst wouldn't and just a little surprised brown wasn't..

And you would be surprised how interested a bunch of nfl teams are in Wort.

colleyvillesooner
2/8/2013, 09:49 AM

Are they running low on guys that get caught in the wash and can't shed blocks?

SoonerBBall
2/8/2013, 04:14 PM

Care to elaborate? Why are they so interested in him? Do they think he can be taught out of his bad habits?

PalmBeachSooner
2/8/2013, 05:58 PM
Are they running low on guys that get caught in the wash and can't shed blocks?

Well he (Wort) did lead the team in tackling defensive linemen.

sooner_kaufy
2/8/2013, 07:52 PM
Add Content