PDA

View Full Version : Spencer Tillman really knows how to excite all those aTM and Texas fans in Houston.

aurorasooner
12/5/2012, 09:21 PM
I was flipping through the sports channels and saw that the Lombardi Awards on the CBSSpN. They opened the show announcing Spencer Tillman (who is hosting the show) and had a full musical of Boomer Sooner complete with red-clad cheerleaders as he came out. During Boomer Sooner they panned over the audience and you could tell some of the audience was very ""uncomfortable, to say the least.

olevetonahill
12/5/2012, 11:09 PM
Got a Vid? I'd love to see

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
12/5/2012, 11:55 PM
Spencer is "da Man!" Nothing like the "leap for 6" vs Nebraska! Friggin amazing play!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/6/2012, 12:23 AM
I was flipping through the sports channels and saw that the Lombardi Awards on the CBSSpN. They opened the show announcing Spencer Tillman (who is hosting the show) and had a full musical of Boomer Sooner complete with red-clad cheerleaders as he came out. During Boomer Sooner they panned over the audience and you could tell some of the audience was very ""uncomfortable, to say the least.Non-Sooners of course. The world is lousy with them. They show up nearly everywhere, and cast a gloom over everything.

aurorasooner
12/6/2012, 01:19 AM
Got a Vid? I'd love to seeNo, since we don't have anyone up for the Lombardi award, I didn't have video computer on or I would've made an flv of it. Besides Boomer Sooner and the cheerleaders, They had some OU and 49er highlights/pics of him when they introduced him. I watched a little of it until I switched back to the Nuggets game, and they gave K. Sumlin their coach of the year award. Not surprising since the show was from Houston.
Sure wish S. Tillman would get away from CBS and go to Fox which is more OU friendly, but he does all he can since CBS is understandably an SEC mouthpiece.

cleller
12/6/2012, 08:39 AM
Can't find that vid, either, but did find "the leap"

MHr60rAWs3s

olevetonahill
12/6/2012, 08:46 AM

MHr60rAWs3s

Thank you for postin that

For years I had thot that was Billy that did the Leap.

stoopified
12/6/2012, 09:11 AM
Thank you for postin that

For years I had thot that was Billy that did the Leap. Billy had a TD leap vs. the Huskers in his career too.

olevetonahill
12/6/2012, 09:23 AM
Billy had a TD leap vs. the Huskers in his career too.

I know but that perticular one is the one I remembered and always thot Billy did it (I think) :very_drunk:

olevetonahill
12/6/2012, 09:26 AM
Is this the one of Billy that yer talkin about? Its the second run shown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwi3hoYRAPE

Mac94
12/6/2012, 09:33 AM
WAs that from the 85 game? If my mind is remembering correctly 86 and 87 were both in Lincoln, with 86 being the amazing comeback and 87 the "Game of the Century 2."

Mac94
12/6/2012, 09:38 AM
Any chance they ever do another "Greatest Sooner games" DVD set? Got the one with the three Orange Bowls, 87 Nebraska, and 87 Texas ... but there are so many other great games ... Love to see the Orange Bowl against Florida St where Billy Simms went crazy (have the next years FSU game, the 18-17 win) ... the Comeback in Lincoln ... A few more Texas games ... and some games from Owens Field ... none of the games in the original set were home games.

sooneron
12/6/2012, 09:39 AM
Pretty sure it was from 83.

olevetonahill
12/6/2012, 09:39 AM
86 an 87 were in Lincoln 85 was Spencers last year

rock on sooner
12/6/2012, 10:30 AM
Tillman's leap was 17 feet in length and looks like he got at least 5 - 5 1/2
in the air...guess we need Millard to do an imitation, since he's in to hurdling!

rock on sooner
12/6/2012, 10:46 AM
Here is an ultimate fantasy...close yer eyes and envision a wishbone
backfield of Little Joe, AD, Sims with J C Watts pulling the trigger. Now,
the interchangeable parts of Greg Pruitt, Steve Owens and Quentin
Griffin with Steve Davis at the helm. Add to that some of interior linemen
like Greg Roberts and Phil Loadholt...a healthy Habern at center, Keith
Jackson at TE, Gresham to spell him. I'm thinking 700-750 rushing yards
a game and one forward pass per quarter to keep the TE's happy and the
defenses honest....

Jason White's Third Knee
12/6/2012, 10:56 AM

MHr60rAWs3s

Look at the form. Atrocious! Ball in the wrong hand and he is wagging it all around. That crap would never fly today! But what a great play. Did we have great players or what?

sooneron
12/6/2012, 12:01 PM
I was at that game in the student section. Heartbreaking loss. We gave them hell.

cjames317
12/6/2012, 12:51 PM
And a steady cold rain.

70sooner
12/6/2012, 01:31 PM
Here is an ultimate fantasy...close yer eyes and envision a wishbone
backfield of Little Joe, AD, Sims with J C Watts pulling the trigger. Now,
the interchangeable parts of Greg Pruitt, Steve Owens and Quentin
Griffin with Steve Davis at the helm. Add to that some of interior linemen
like Greg Roberts and Phil Loadholt...a healthy Habern at center, Keith
Jackson at TE, Gresham to spell him. I'm thinking 700-750 rushing yards
a game and one forward pass per quarter to keep the TE's happy and the
defenses honest....

you cannot have an ultimate fantasy OU Wishbone backfield without the Godfather of the Wishbone.......

Salt City Sooner
12/6/2012, 02:10 PM
86 an 87 were in Lincoln 85 was Spencers last year
'86 was Spencer's last year. He hit the 'hogs for 100+ & a couple of TD's in his last game.

olevetonahill
12/6/2012, 02:34 PM
'86 was Spencer's last year. He hit the 'hogs for 100+ & a couple of TD's in his last game.

Hmm Wiki only showed him from 83 thru 85