PDA

View Full Version : OSU a better job than OU?

kevpks
12/5/2012, 05:39 PM
Apparently it is according to Mike Bellotti and all the Pukes eating it up on Orange power. Some highlights:

-OSU is better than OU this year because they lost in overtime in Norman (forget the fact that they're 7-5 and we're 10-2)

-OSU is a better job because Stoops never received offers from schools like Tenn. and Arky. (He had offers from Ohio State, Florida, Notre Dame, and NFL teams, but I guess those don't count)

It's truly amazing Aggie logic. If you need some comedy today, enjoy.

http://www.orangepower.com/threads/espn-coach-bellotti-just-named-osu-a-top-10-coaching-gig.157739/

Scott D
12/5/2012, 05:45 PM
To be fair, a lot of Bellotti's reasoning is that T Boone's money dump in terms of upgrading their facilities has improved them a lot in that regard. Plus their fanbase expectations aren't as high ;)

kevpks
12/5/2012, 05:50 PM
I didn't hear Bellotti's comments (I just saw the thread) but there is no criteria that would make OSU a better job than OU. Bellotti is a tool.

Widescreen
12/5/2012, 05:53 PM
-OSU is a better job because Stoops never received offers from schools like Tenn. and Arky. (He had offers from Ohio State, Florida, Notre Dame, and NFL teams, but I guess those don't count)

I wasn't aware Gundy received offers from anyone. Are they saying he was offered the job at both places and turned them both down?

badger
12/5/2012, 05:53 PM
Belotti should know what a meddling billionaire donor will demand... Belotti used to be Quack head coach and then Quack athletic director before getting unceremoniously hustled off to ESPN. I don't remember how long ago it was. About 50 uniform designs ago.

picasso
12/5/2012, 05:54 PM
oSu has never been ranked #1 in the AP.

OU has been more than any other school.

Scott D
12/5/2012, 05:54 PM
I didn't hear Bellotti's comments (I just saw the thread) but there is no criteria that would make OSU a better job than OU. Bellotti is a tool.

he never said it was a better job, they just had him pick 10 jobs from around the country that could be considered good jobs. his criteria was more on facilities than anything.

Bourbon St Sooner
12/5/2012, 05:56 PM
If Gundy left, they could find out about what level they are really on. I doubt if lester would be clamoring for his old job back.

kevpks
12/5/2012, 05:59 PM
he never said it was a better job, they just had him pick 10 jobs from around the country that could be considered good jobs. his criteria was more on facilities than anything.

Then his criteria are f'ing stupid. A "good" job is a program that has demonstrated a capacity to consistently win. By win, I mean conference titles not Heart of Dallas and Houston Bowl appearances. Facilities are part of the equation, but OSU's 50K or less attendance and inability to string 10 win seasons together knocks them down a notch or twelve.

colleyvillesooner
12/5/2012, 06:01 PM
So his agent floats his name, he gets no offers actually, and its a better Jon than OU. I'll have some of what they are smoking.

mainline13
12/5/2012, 06:03 PM
Belotti should know what a meddling billionaire donor will demand... Belotti used to be Quack head coach and then Quack athletic director before getting unceremoniously hustled off to ESPN. I don't remember how long ago it was. About 50 uniform designs ago.

That recently? Seems more like weeks, but my memory ain't what it used to be.

StoopTroup
12/5/2012, 06:09 PM
Experiment in reality....

lets put oSu at #10 just as a control. Now fill in your Top Nine that you'd rank higher.

Now...begin eliminating all of the other 115 Schools you think don't out rank oSu.

How many to you eliminate?

10?

20?

30?

:D

Seamus
12/5/2012, 06:18 PM
So his agent floats his name, he gets no offers actually, and its a better Jon than OU. I'll have some of what they are smoking.

Careful. That would make you a thug.

According to some.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/5/2012, 07:07 PM
Belotti should know what a meddling billionaire donor will demand... Belotti used to be Quack head coach and then Quack athletic director before getting unceremoniously hustled off to ESPN. I don't remember how long ago it was. About 50 uniform designs ago.Belotti must have Okla State confused with Oregon State, anyway. Either that, or he equates millianalire donor with the job as HC.

I Am Right
12/5/2012, 07:35 PM
You even had to ask?

8timechamps
12/5/2012, 07:50 PM
-OSU is better than OU this year because they lost in overtime in Norman

Wait, what?!

Soonerjeepman
12/5/2012, 08:07 PM
ok, same coach who was on the sidelines when the pac 10 officials CHEATED OU out of a win..?...meh...

cleller
12/5/2012, 09:06 PM
An ex-coach with a 137-80 lifetime record gets paid to write up some story. What does he know?

I guess he knows how to spot big money, a little effort.

ouduckhunter
12/5/2012, 09:35 PM

Exactly!!!! The jerk took a lot of money from salary buyouts thatraised a lot of questions, even in Oreygone, where Phil Knight's money can buy and sell anything.

Sabanball
12/5/2012, 09:41 PM
Maybe in another universe.:chuncky:

sooneron
12/5/2012, 10:28 PM
OSU is a much better job...

sooneron
12/5/2012, 10:29 PM
http://tucsoncitizen.com/morgue/files/2006/11/l32983-1.jpg

FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!

bluedogok
12/5/2012, 11:15 PM
OSU is a much better job...
...than Ohio University.

I think OSU is a "good job", much better than it used to be but nowhere near one of the best jobs.

olevetonahill
12/5/2012, 11:39 PM
IMHO OsU is a Dayum good jorb, Gumby gets several Mil a year and just has to keep them close
Now if he was at OU he'd be runned off faster than a scalded cat

TanTanFeil
12/6/2012, 12:17 AM
So if his basis of this goes off things like recruiting, fan base, tradition, money, etc how can OSU have the advantage over OU in that? Recruiting Texas, most kids choose OU over OSU. Fan base, we sell out every game. I've been to some OSU games and never have I seen it full. Not even for Bedlam a couple of times. Tradition....do I need to even say anything? And money, sure T Boone has the money, but OU donors provide just as much as he and their other "donors" do

sappstuf
12/6/2012, 05:48 AM

Last week??

stoopified
12/6/2012, 07:12 AM
After some thought,I've reached the conclusion that Belloti is no longer in coaching due to brain damage from drug abuse..That would explain so much.

HToady
12/6/2012, 11:09 AM
After some thought,I've reached the conclusion that Belloti is no longer in coaching due to brain damage from drug abuse..That would explain so much.

What a blithering idiot. No criteria consistency at all.

Why Oregon? Because of their tradition?
How about those USC facilities and location?

I don't get it

PrideMom
12/6/2012, 11:16 AM
Obviously he has never been to Stillwater....and forgetting the 7 NC, 5 Heisman winners, etc. of OU. As I have said before: "you can't fix stupid!"