PDA

View Full Version : The Poke fans in my office

SoonerLaw09
12/5/2012, 10:58 AM
...are still grousing about the "Deepinahearta Texas" bowl or whatever the frell it's called. We get to play in Jerry World, they have to play in da 'hood, yadda yadda, stupid lousy Boilermakers suck, yadda. I told 'em hey, look at it like this: 1) It may be in the hood, but at least it's not a night game, and given the quality of your opponent, finding a parking space will be a breeze; 2) you get to kick back, have a few cans, and watch your team obliterate and humiliate a B1G team on New Years Day. Accentuate the positive, dudes.

BoomerJack
12/5/2012, 11:03 AM
Another positive to this game is that maybe, just maybe, there will be another ice storm like what happened several years ago when U.H. played Notre Dame.

Mac94
12/5/2012, 11:07 AM
Ah ,... but will Gundy be coaching the team by then? And if not ... who? ;)

kevpks
12/5/2012, 11:21 AM

Boone.

badger
12/5/2012, 11:32 AM
that coordinator they hate so much... i forget his name, but it's in the meltdown thread repeatedly

Wishboned
12/5/2012, 11:35 AM
that coordinator they hate so much... i forget his name, but it's in the meltdown thread repeatedly

Bill Young. He's their (lack of) Defensive Coordinator.

SoonerNomad
12/5/2012, 12:07 PM
Another positive to this game is that maybe, just maybe, there will be another ice storm like what happened several years ago when U.H. played Notre Dame.

That was January 1, 1979. I had tickets to that game, but the ice storm that hit that week made it difficult for us to get there from Wichita Falls. It was a nasty week and especially nasty on New Year's Day. Montana's efforts in leading the Notre Dame comeback that day started his legend.

cvsooner
12/5/2012, 12:43 PM
That '79 Cotton Bowl was one of the more entertaining college football games I've ever seen.

PrideMom
12/5/2012, 12:50 PM
Back then they even had a Cotton Bowl parade, but it had been cancelled due to the weather. Does anyone remember the Bowl parades? I think my son was in one of the very last Orange Bowl parades when OU played Penn State.

kevpks
12/5/2012, 12:56 PM
I remember Arky fans talking crap after the 2002 Cotton Bowl. They were bragging about holding our scoring down. I thought that was odd from a team that barely crossed the 50 yard line all game.

badger
12/5/2012, 01:42 PM
Bill Young. He's their (lack of) Defensive Coordinator.

right you are! OSU head coach Bill Young :stunned:

CowboyMRW
12/5/2012, 01:50 PM
...are still grousing about the "Deepinahearta Texas" bowl or whatever the frell it's called. We get to play in Jerry World, they have to play in da 'hood, yadda yadda, stupid lousy Boilermakers suck, yadda. I told 'em hey, look at it like this: 1) It may be in the hood, but at least it's not a night game, and given the quality of your opponent, finding a parking space will be a breeze; 2) you get to kick back, have a few cans, and watch your team obliterate and humiliate a B1G team on New Years Day. Accentuate the positive, dudes.

Where do you work? McDonalds? I was told that Poke grads weren't smart enough to get anything but a job at McDonalds or BK

Wishboned
12/5/2012, 01:53 PM
Where do you work? McDonalds? I was told that Poke grads weren't smart enough to get anything but a job at McDonalds or BK

By his name I would guess he's a lawyer. My knowledge of Poke fans tells me he's defending them from DUI, or filing bankruptcy for them.

Either that or they could be the janitorial staff and he's telling them these things while they're emptying his garbage.

Phil
12/5/2012, 01:55 PM
Back then they even had a Cotton Bowl parade, but it had been cancelled due to the weather. Does anyone remember the Bowl parades? I think my son was in one of the very last Orange Bowl parades when OU played Penn State.

Don't know if they still have it now, but they still had an Orange Bowl parade in 2000. They still had a Fiesta Bowl parade in 2011.

badger
12/5/2012, 02:00 PM
I remember Arky fans talking crap after the 2002 Cotton Bowl. They were bragging about holding our scoring down. I thought that was odd from a team that barely crossed the 50 yard line all game.

that game was freezing AND low-scoring. miserable. It was my first bowl game experience and while it was fun to hit my knee against those rock-hard light blue metal stadium chairs (NO IT WAS NOT), about all that I enjoyed about that game was getting to see "Tusk" up close.
http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/7-arkansas-mascot-tusk-ii.jpg

awwwwwwww it's a piggie

agoo758
12/5/2012, 02:22 PM
Badger works a job? I had just assumed that she made six figures posting CFB meltdowns...... there goes my aspirations.:blue:

badger
12/5/2012, 02:30 PM
Badger works a job? I had just assumed that she made six figures posting CFB meltdowns...... there goes my aspirations.:blue:

i'm a mom... and this is someone else's thread!

agoo758
12/5/2012, 02:58 PM
i'm a mom... and this is someone else's thread!

Oh Boy............ I can't explain that one! :redface:

StoopTroup
12/5/2012, 03:18 PM
Boone.

And....we aren't sure that even his death someday will even change his Coaching Status. :D

Landthief 1972
12/5/2012, 04:06 PM

He's probably the warden at a prison listening to all the OSU grads bitch from their cells. :P

SoonerLaw09
12/5/2012, 04:08 PM
By his name I would guess he's a lawyer. My knowledge of Poke fans tells me he's defending them from DUI, or filing bankruptcy for them.

Either that or they could be the janitorial staff and he's telling them these things while they're emptying his garbage.

Winner winner chicken dinner. :)

Actually, I work at a mental health facility for people in recovery from sex addiction involving farm animals.

Wishboned
12/5/2012, 04:44 PM

Actually, I work at a mental health facility for people in recovery from sex addiction involving farm animals.

That's a baaaaaah-d addiction.

StoopTroup
12/5/2012, 06:24 PM

Let's be honest though....those Pokes in that facility were asking for it? Am I right? They knew those animals were addicts. :D

I Am Right
12/5/2012, 07:38 PM
Had a client in my office today that went to a wedding on Sat, lots of poke fans there, all of them rooting for TCU, My client had the bartender change to the Baylor game. Nuff said, room quieted down quick!!!

Piware
12/5/2012, 09:01 PM

OSU Animal Husbandry majors, no doubt.

TitoMorelli
12/6/2012, 12:40 PM
I went to one Cotton Bowl parade, must have been New Years 1989. Froze my butt off in the bleachers.

I remember that the Dallas Carter football team marched in the parade. Leading the way was a guy who walked down the boulevard as if he owned the whole damned street and parade to boot. Jessie Armstead.

soonergirlNeugene
12/6/2012, 02:03 PM
All of the piggie fans I encountered after the game were quiet. Look down, look away sort of thing. I got in trouble w/ my parents for heckling them on our way out of the stadium. In my defense, I was young and it WAS my first non-Texas trip to the cotton bowl...so I thought that was what you were supposed to do while coming down the ramp.

tycat947
12/6/2012, 03:36 PM
Boone.

He's already the coach! :greedy_dollars:

mdklatt
12/8/2012, 04:33 PM

Or as a landscaper (http://www.hortla.okstate.edu/undergrad/landscapemgmt/index.htm) (I highly recommend minoring in Spanish). Yardman State.

mdklatt
12/8/2012, 04:59 PM
If you peruse OP.com you'll see that OK LAST fans think they have a reputation for being a fan base that "travels well" and is a bowl committee's wet dream. At the same time you'll see that before the bowl selections many of them were hoping to a bowl game in Texas (Cotton, Alamo, or the one in Houston) so they didn't have to travel far. And now, many of the people going to Dallas are heading down and driving back the same day. Don't forget, this is a fan base that doesn't even "travel well" to Stillwater. And has about 500 fans outside of Oklahoma and Texas because they don't have any "T-shirt fans". Yet they can't figure out why they're the chubby kid in glasses when it was time to pick teams for the Big 12 bowl slots.

****ing ridiculous.

MichiganSooner
12/8/2012, 05:51 PM
Sometimes they travel so well that T-Bone has to pay for the tickets to the bowl.

JiminyChristmas
12/8/2012, 06:15 PM
The poke fans in my office.....do mostly janitorial work.

12/8/2012, 06:39 PM
Chris Gains?

FirstandGoal
12/8/2012, 09:43 PM
The poke fans in my office.....do mostly janitorial work.

I call bull**** on that. Everybody knows that the only fans that OK LAST has are college graduates.

At the very least you will see them delivering your pizza.

Wishboned
12/9/2012, 01:14 AM
I call bull**** on that. Everybody knows that the only fans that OK LAST has are college graduates.

At the very least you will see them delivering your pizza.

Last time I had a pizza delivered it took over an hour.

I told the delivery boy that it should never be that late, especially when he has his own jet.

Then I tipped T Boone a dollar and told him he'd better not steal any concrete from in front of the house cause I was keeping an eye on him.

CowboyMRW
12/9/2012, 04:24 AM
Or as a landscaper (http://www.hortla.okstate.edu/undergrad/landscapemgmt/index.htm) (I highly recommend minoring in Spanish). Yardman State.

Had a very good friend that graduated with that degree. He's some type of head something up here at Southern Hills.

XingTheRubicon
12/9/2012, 09:34 AM
Had a very good friend that graduated with that degree. He's some type of head something up here at Southern Hills.

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/8784/carlc.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/841/carlc.jpg/)