PDA

View Full Version : You do realize if Johnny Deliverance wins the Heisman

picasso
12/4/2012, 07:33 PM
That will make two former UT recruits in a row that have won the prize.

Only, what position did UT recruit them to play?

Ruf/Nek7
12/4/2012, 07:35 PM
Recruited johnny as a DB. RG3 as an "Athlete" but focused on receiver

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/4/2012, 07:52 PM
Recruited johnny as a DB. RG3 as an "Athlete" but focused on receiverI had heard that only Baylor agreed to let RGIII be a QB, instead of a DB or wideout. He was offered by multiple schools, but not as QB.

Ruf/Nek7
12/4/2012, 07:58 PM
I had heard that only Baylor agreed to let RGIII be a QB, instead of a DB or wideout. He was offered by multiple schools, but not as QB.

Exactly, no one thought he encompassed the skill sets to be a D-1 quarterback but drooled over his athletic talents.

picasso
12/4/2012, 08:00 PM
You guys are ruining my thread. This was started to make fun of UT's QB evaluation.

12/4/2012, 08:04 PM
You guys are ruining my thread. This was started to make fun of UT's QB evaluation.shhhhh. They're doing fine. They are good at everything.

Scott D
12/4/2012, 09:11 PM
You guys are ruining my thread. This was started to make fun of UT's QB evaluation.

I'd take this as an opportunity to make fun of Case McCoy, but apparently we're insensitive if we do.

MyT Oklahoma
12/4/2012, 09:15 PM
shhhhh. They're doing fine. They are good at everything.

Ditto.

P.S. Ho. Ho. Ho.

SicEmBaylor
12/4/2012, 09:28 PM
I had heard that only Baylor agreed to let RGIII be a QB, instead of a DB or wideout. He was offered by multiple schools, but not as QB.

Actually, that's not exactly true. A lot of smaller schools recruited him as a QB, but Houston and subsequently Baylor were his only FBS offers. Briles knows QB talent. Remember, he was also responsible for recruiting Kolb and Keenum. Not only that, he has developed NickFlo (who was a GuyMo recruit) into a QB who actually has very similar stats to RGIII. There hasn't been a lot of offensive dropoff between last year and this season.

So, hopefully, we can put this **** to bed that CAB just got lucky with RGIII and all his success is tied to one QB.

SicEmBaylor
12/4/2012, 09:30 PM

Trust me, they know how bad it is.

12/4/2012, 11:43 PM
Actually, that's not exactly true. A lot of smaller schools recruited him as a QB, but Houston and subsequently Baylor were his only FBS offers. Briles knows QB talent. Remember, he was also responsible for recruiting Kolb and Keenum. Not only that, he has developed NickFlo (who was a GuyMo recruit) into a QB who actually has very similar stats to RGIII. There hasn't been a lot of offensive dropoff between last year and this season.

So, hopefully, we can put this **** to bed that CAB just got lucky with RGIII and all his success is tied to one QB.So, boiling it down, you're saying that Briles is ripe for the picking, by some bigtime, big money College Football Program? or, just what is it you are saying? HAY WISCONSIN, TENNESSEE, ETC., hear the man out, already!!!

SicEmBaylor
12/4/2012, 11:46 PM
So, boiling it down, you're saying that Briles is ripe for fthe picking, by some bigtime, big money College Football Program? or, just what is it you are saying? HAY WISCONSIN, TENNESSEE, ETC., hear the man out, already!!!

I'm saying Briles is an offensive genius who has a knack for finding "diamonds in the rough" and is excellent at quickly turning around moribund programs. I hope and pray CAB is with Baylor until he retires, but he's definitely a damned good coach and a lot of programs should be tripping over themselves to hire him....primarily those who need rebuilding.

12/4/2012, 11:48 PM
I'm saying Briles is an offensive genius who has a knack for finding "diamonds in the rough" and is excellent at quickly turning around moribund programs. I hope and pray CAB is with Baylor until he retires, but he's definitely a damned good coach and a lot of programs should be tripping over themselves to hire him....primarily those who need rebuilding.kudos on the realism, there. I would have to think he will be considered by big programs, pretty soon, if not already.

SicEmBaylor
12/4/2012, 11:51 PM
kudos on the realism, there. I would have to think he will be considered by big programs, pretty soon, if not already.

Thankfully, they're going to have a harder time of it now that he signed a 10 year 3.5 million dollar extension with a hefty buyout clause (from what has leaked).

12/5/2012, 01:37 AM
Hey Picasso! Tx is just undergoing a little bit of difficulty right now. They'll bounce back, just you watch. Coach Brown is on top of it all, and he will bring them around, real soon. Maybe as soon as next year. Just back off and give him a chance. He's still got the mojo.

sendbaht
12/5/2012, 01:54 AM
Heard Mack is going to start Case next year then bench him for messing up every 3rd quarter and bring in Ash...makes since..

Salt City Sooner
12/5/2012, 01:58 AM
I remember reading an article in which he said that Stanford wanted him as a QB, but they made it clear from the get go that he would be behind Luck.

agoo758
12/5/2012, 02:34 AM
Hey Picasso! Tx is just undergoing a little bit of difficulty right now. They'll bounce back, just you watch. Coach Brown is on top of it all, and he will bring them around, real soon. Maybe as soon as next year. Just back off and give him a chance. He's still got the mojo.

Don't you know it, last year he started trying to chest bump players. That makes me nervous! :sorrow:

Bourbon St Sooner
12/5/2012, 01:39 PM
I think the horns talent evaluation at QB has been outstanding. Here's hoping they rake in more impressive talents like Case McCoy in the future.

Moore
12/5/2012, 02:11 PM
I love the whorns qbs

12/5/2012, 05:02 PM
I think the horns talent evaluation at QB has been outstanding. Here's hoping they rake in more impressive talents like Case McCoy in the future.Mack gets who he wants. They'll turn around next year. OU won't have such an easy time with them.

SoonerLaw09
12/5/2012, 06:01 PM
Once we've intercepted him four times, will they start calling him "Johnny Turnover"?

mainline13
12/5/2012, 06:37 PM

So, hopefully, we can put this **** to bed that CAB just got lucky with RGIII and all his success is tied to one QB.

I suppose we could, but since it appears to sting so much, maybe we should stay on tack here.

SicEmBaylor
12/6/2012, 02:37 AM
This thread is from BF's but it cracked me the f'k up. Johnny Football is such a little worm.

http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249635

TW played against him in a game of NCAA '12. TW stuck with Baylor but Manziel went with Ohio State......and TW beat him 17-14. :D

BigTip
12/6/2012, 09:40 PM
Thankfully, they're going to have a harder time of it now that he signed a 10 year 3.5 million dollar extension with a hefty buyout clause (from what has leaked).

3.five.
Sort of like texass pocket change money?