PDA

View Full Version : Tickets

Soonerwake
12/4/2012, 04:22 PM
As I have been looking for tickets because I was too lazy to fill out my bowl game request form awhile back, I came upon an interesting situation. Cotton Bowl tickets are going for $250 each for upper level. Orange Bowl, that grand BCS game, $5 each. Yes, $5 for a ticket to a BCS game. :highly_amused:

StoopTroup
12/4/2012, 04:57 PM
Worst Bowl Game EVER. Orange Bowl Bust.

badger
12/4/2012, 05:14 PM
I remember giggling about texags b1tching about their jerryworld/cotton bowl allotment when they met LSU in that game. Seems that Jerry is withholding the tickets for his Cowboys season ticket holders, or something. That's not much of a bowl game atmosphere when you're only allotted 12,500 tix per school in a 100k+ capacity stadium, is it?

OU sold it's allotment and is selling $50 standing room only tickets now. Boo.
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/120412aaa.html

MichiganSooner
12/4/2012, 06:24 PM
Don't they have a deal at Jerry's World where Dallas Cowboys season ticket holders have to buy a seat license which gives them the right to buy tickets to every event? Or, they are forced to buy a ticket to every event?

FtwTxSooner
12/4/2012, 08:13 PM
Its not every event, and not necessarily the particular seat they have the license. Its usually a ends up being a presale for selected events. Its up to the event holder and whatever contract they sign with Jerry.

Capacity is about 80,000 including suites. It only gets to 100k with standing room.

SoonerLaw09
12/5/2012, 10:48 AM
With the big pile of "meh" that is the BCS this year, I'm surprised there aren't more $5 seats available.

Orange Bowl Fail.