PDA

View Full Version : Who deserves to win the Heisman?

badger
12/4/2012, 09:11 AM
If you wanna predict who will actually win it, we'll do a vBookie event on it.

This is who you think DESERVES it of the three candidates invited to the presentation: Calvin Klein, Mountain Tebow or Johnny Fooseball.

Three days of anonymous voting!

badger
12/4/2012, 09:14 AM
PS: I really, really think Collin Klein deserves to win the Heisman. He is as much a part of this KSU resurgence as Old Man Snyder. He is one Baylor away from the national title game and being a shoo-in for the Heisman.

Send Baylor to the Sun Belt if they cost him both :mad:

Midtowner
12/4/2012, 09:14 AM
The best player in college football is Monte Te'o.

Sooners78
12/4/2012, 09:18 AM

No, the best player in college football is Tavon Austin. He just didn't get to show it for the entire season. But, of the three finalists, my vote goes to Klein for what he means to that team.

badger
12/4/2012, 09:19 AM
PS: vBookie event now posted if you want to predict who will actually win it

bmjlr
12/4/2012, 09:25 AM
This^^^^^

Curly Bill
12/4/2012, 09:46 AM
Yup, I agree with the domer linebacker being most deserving.

olevetonahill
12/4/2012, 09:47 AM
Yup, I agree with the domer linebacker being most deserving.

But the Kid gettin his Nutsack licked by ESPN will win it

MyT Oklahoma
12/4/2012, 09:59 AM
Who really cares? Honestly who really cares this year? I sure don't.

Klein was great for KSU. Te'o was great for Notre Dame. And I haven't watched the Aggies all year so ask me after the Cotton Bowl.

P.S. I do like our bowl records against Heisman winners though except for TGTWDTA or whatever we don't call it.

Curly Bill
12/4/2012, 10:23 AM
But the Kid gettin his Nutsack licked by ESPN will win it

I think you're prolly right, but the question wasn't who would win it, but who most deserves to win it!

olevetonahill
12/4/2012, 10:34 AM
I think you're prolly right, but the question wasn't who would win it, but who most deserves to win it!

I were agreein with ya bro

SoonerMarkVA
12/4/2012, 11:17 AM
No, the best player in college football is Tavon Austin. He just didn't get to show it for the entire season. But, of the three finalists, my vote goes to Klein for what he means to that team.

I'm inclined to go with this. He suffered obviously from being on a team with a number of losses, but also just not being used the way he should have been. He was jaw-dropping to watch in person.

thecrimsoncrusader
12/4/2012, 11:24 AM
Manti gets a lot of help from Notre Dame's dominant front four. A lot.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/4/2012, 11:25 AM
Why would Austin be the best player in college football? Because he lit up OU out of the backfield? He had nice receiving games against ISU and Kansas, but I wouldn't say he is the best because he ran all over OU...

stoops the eternal pimp
12/4/2012, 11:34 AM
I do think Austin is a great player btw..

hawaii 5-0
12/4/2012, 11:42 AM
My comments are in the vBetting section.

Put your money up gurlz.

5-0

badger
12/4/2012, 11:52 AM
My comments are in the vBetting section.

Put your money up gurlz.

5-0
here's the link for you to lose your vCash at:
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?174407-The-Heisman

CowboyMRW
12/4/2012, 12:12 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A9FazMiCAAEkvYD.jpg:large

That is all.

badger
12/4/2012, 12:14 PM
That is all.

Just curious... what Poke players do you think came close (or should at least have been considered) for the heisman?

stoops the eternal pimp
12/4/2012, 12:19 PM
Randle is a special player, but they did a horrible job of involving him in the passing game this year..If OSU had won some of their close games, he would be getting mentioned.

CowboyMRW
12/4/2012, 02:34 PM
Randle is a special player, but they did a horrible job of involving him in the passing game this year..If OSU had won some of their close games, he would be getting mentioned.

Speaking of Randle, how do you see his game translating to the NFL.

I have a hard time figuring him out. He doesn't have the best acceleration in the world nor does he hit the hole the fastest, but he's a long strider and is near impossible to bring down one on one. He always seems to get positive yardage and has excellent hands to catch out of the backfield.

Personally, I think he would be a good back in Denver's system with Peyton, but Peyton has only 3 years tops in the league left.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/4/2012, 03:31 PM
Randle is a DeMarco Murray clone who is probably half a step slower and doesn't carry the injury tag...Pass protection, 3rd down, he can be on the field in any situation...

I have him late 1st/early 2nd depending on who else comes out(if he does)...

I think Indianapolis would be a great place for him.

CowboyMRW
12/4/2012, 03:34 PM
Randle is a DeMarco Murray clone who is probably half a step slower and doesn't carry the injury tag...Pass protection, 3rd down, he can be on the field in any situation...

I have him late 1st/early 2nd depending on who else comes out(if he does)...

I think Indianapolis would be a great place for him.

Seriously? That early. I always saw him as a late 2nd to 3rd rounder. Indy was another place that I thought would be good, especially with Luck there.

Okie35
12/4/2012, 03:37 PM
Seriously? That early. I always saw him as a late 2nd to 3rd rounder. Indy was another place that I thought would be good, especially with Luck there.

Randle is a late 1st imo too.

Anyway, being as Heisman isn't and shouldn't be a one year thing... Klein deserves it. He accounts for almost 70% of their offense the past two years.

Okie35
12/4/2012, 03:38 PM

It's him or Lee honestly.

badger
12/4/2012, 03:52 PM
Sooo... do you all pronounce it HIGHS-man, or HICE (rhymes with "ice") -man?

StoopTroup
12/4/2012, 04:04 PM
Hymen.