PDA

View Full Version : And we thought whornfans were silly,slly

Flagstaffsooner
12/3/2012, 08:21 PM
Go to the niu board http://csnbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=468

BlownGP
12/4/2012, 12:13 AM
Yeah, like every fan of their team. They find the little things to brag about.

Like the thread " Name a QB that Florida State has faced this year that is better than Jordan Lynch"
How about, "Name one defense that NIU has faced better than FSU's"

ole well. Going to be fun to watch.

Wishboned
12/4/2012, 12:28 AM
It's almost like they cloned the posters from orangepower and put them there.

MyT Oklahoma
12/4/2012, 12:29 AM
Is this a great country or what?

Bourbon St Sooner
12/4/2012, 09:39 AM
Why would anybody ever go to an NIU board?

OK, I looked.

MyT Oklahoma
12/4/2012, 10:03 AM
The Kent State/NIU game was fun to watch. However, one fun OT game does not make a BCS contender.

But their in and we're not so let's see how they fare against a semi legitimate BCS participant.

Besides if FSU crushes them we all get to laugh and if NIU wins we all get to laugh. It's a win/win if you have a sense of humor.

KantoSooner
12/4/2012, 10:54 AM
I recall a brief skit that approximates what the FSU/NIU game is going to be.

Bambi meets Godzilla.

PrideMom
12/4/2012, 10:58 AM
You will get a good view of the stadium, because it will be almost empty...unless Illinois people want to get some sun.......

BetterSoonerThanLater
12/4/2012, 10:59 AM
i love how they all act like they have "arrived". to hear them talk, you'd think that FSU should be the underdog, and that their strenght of schedule was rougher than FSU.
i kinda feel sorry for them. they get their hopes up, get all excited for finally "arriving", only to be kicked in the teeth for smiling. That game could get outta hand quickly.

SoonerNomad
12/4/2012, 11:09 AM
I recall a brief skit that approximates what the FSU/NIU game is going to be.

Bambi meets Godzilla.

We once had a court case where the defendant, who was represented by a young attorney fresh out of law school against a seasoned prosecutor, stated on the record after he was convicted by the jury that it was like "a goldfish against a piranha."

Widescreen
12/4/2012, 11:10 AM
They have a thread comparing Lynch's stats to Herbstreit's. I guess that somehow invalidates Herbstreit's opinions.

You could also say Lynch had to play for NIU. Herbstreit got to play for tOSU.

achiro
12/4/2012, 12:07 PM
They have a thread comparing Lynch's stats to Herbstreit's. I guess that somehow invalidates Herbstreit's opinions.

You could also say Lynch had to play for NIU. Herbstreit got to play for tOSU.
Lynch is a pretty darn good QB. If he was taller I would say a shoe in for 1st round in the NFL but at 6' who knows.

BudSooner
12/4/2012, 01:10 PM
I hope Jimbo hangs 95 on 'em to keep **** like this from happening again, ain't no way that NIU is in the same league as the big boys.

Widescreen
12/4/2012, 02:15 PM
I hope Jimbo hangs 95 on 'em to keep **** like this from happening again, ain't no way that NIU is in the same league as the big boys.
Unfortunately, no score will prevent this from happening again without a rule change. With the Big East sucking as bad as they do, I can see it happening sooner rather than later. Hopefully it will change some after next season.

nutinbutdust
12/4/2012, 02:19 PM
Yeah, like every fan of their team. They find the little things to brag about.

Like the thread " Name a QB that Florida State has faced this year that is better than Jordan Lynch"
How about, "Name one defense that NIU has faced better than FSU's"

ole well. Going to be fun to watch.

Ummm they forget pretty fast about sept 1st and James Vandenberg and the 4- 8 Iowa Hawkeyes

picasso
12/4/2012, 03:07 PM
Is it Northern Illinois or Northern Iowa?

Is there a difference?

tycat947
12/4/2012, 03:20 PM
The Kent State/NIU game was fun to watch. However, one fun OT game does not make a BCS contender.

But their in and we're not so let's see how they fare against a semi legitimate BCS participant.

Besides if FSU crushes them we all get to laugh and if NIU wins we all get to laugh. It's a win/win if you have a sense of humor.

Kansas versus Kentucky in football this year would be interesting. Doesn't mean either team is any good. I guess we can let them live this dream until it comes crashing down after the Orange Bowl!