PDA

View Full Version : Where was Case McCoy born?

cleller
12/3/2012, 07:01 PM
As mentioned already, I do apologize for picking on McCoy before knowing the facts.
Leaving the stuff up does us no more good.

This is the best way I can think of to handle it.

Seamus
12/3/2012, 07:02 PM
Birther II ?

8timechamps
12/3/2012, 07:05 PM
Case was in a bad car accident. Obviously his face was injured.

Common mistake. As much as we wanted to make fun of him, the truth kinda made it hard.

BoulderSooner79
12/3/2012, 07:12 PM
Soonerfans should be above this thread.

8timechamps
12/3/2012, 07:18 PM
Soonerfans should be above this thread.

In all fairness, people don't know what they don't know.

cleller
12/3/2012, 07:24 PM
Well, If this is true, I owe an apology. Bad taste.

I'd delete, but that would be dodging responsibility.

edit: It may not be an accident, but still something beyond his control. Yes, poor taste.

http://frathousesports.com/the-answer-to-what-happened-to-the-face-of-case-mccoy/

EatLeadCommie
12/3/2012, 07:37 PM
interesting...it was a disease and not a car accident, which probably makes me even more of a d-head when I call him Elephant Boy McCoy. I always thought it was a car accident but still called him that just because I'm a jerk. Texas hatred runs deep.

cleller
12/3/2012, 07:50 PM
I truly thought he just stood on the sidelines,,,etc. Too much zeal.

sooneredaco
12/3/2012, 08:32 PM
I thought he looked just like his nerdy a$$ brother, just a little more cartoonish. Never thought too much about it I guess. So why does colt look so dorky?

A Sooner in Texas
12/3/2012, 08:37 PM
You mean it didn't happen when the ref ran over him at the RRS?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jyj02PTuvc

I know, I know, awful. But worth it to watch that video again.

stoopified
12/3/2012, 09:21 PM
This thread is every bit as tasteless as opposing fan threads about JD Runnels and his skin disease which was very ovious on his face.

FirstandGoal
12/3/2012, 09:23 PM
Its almost Karma though for all of those horrible comments about one of our cheerleaders a couple of years ago.

I feel sorry for the kid because he plays for Uterus. Anything else just feels like piling on.

sooneron
12/3/2012, 09:36 PM
This thread is every bit as tasteless as opposing fan threads about JD Runnels and his skin disease which was very ovious on his face.

Dude, I had no idea what the deal was with him. I just thought he was ugly. I had never taken time to really look at the kids's face. His brother is a little bug eyed and goofy looking, so I and a few others thought Case was that much more exaggerated. I feel bad for saying something on Fb the other night, but I didn't know.

badger
12/3/2012, 09:41 PM
i only posted the pic because his expression looked blanker than landry's...and the scoreboard shows texas losing... many reasons that dont involve his car accident.

Before you all get too hard on anyone making fun of him, he's the starting quarterback of texas... a dream job of kiddo football players across that giant state... and he sucks. And his expression is blank. And his hair is messy. And hes pretty much living off his big bro's coattails. And his family has notorious meddlers, from coaching daddy to colt's wife. And texas loses when he plays (except when the opponent is kansas, cuz they lose to everyone). And we had to endure endless mccoy-to-shipley for years (because jordan had as much eligibility as jason white). And he split qb duties with david ash, kind of like landry splits with belldozer (but with less success and more suck). And fans beg whorn to run the ball whenever he plays, because he has as much range as his big bro did, only less... and less accuracy too.

...i swear i was going somewhere with that.

8timechamps
12/3/2012, 10:19 PM

It would have been tasteless if done with knowledge. Not everyone knows why he looks like that. I think it was an honest mistake.

8timechamps
12/3/2012, 10:21 PM

edit: It may not be an accident, but still something beyond his control. Yes, poor taste.

http://frathousesports.com/the-answer-to-what-happened-to-the-face-of-case-mccoy/

Interesting. I thought it was from an accident.

Anyway, in all the time you've posted here, I've never seen anything that would lead me to believe you are the kind of person that would post something like that and make fun of the kid. You just didn't know. It happens. I'm sure somewhere down the line, it'll happen again.

olevetonahill
12/3/2012, 10:23 PM

**** him hes a whorn

It says
"So the current state of his face wasn’t do to an injury, but rather scleroderma…which is a chronic autoimmune disorder that can cause tightening and thickening of the skin, thickening of blood vessels, and damage to internal organs. More on it here it WebMD.

So if it causes damage to internal organs did it **** up his Brain as well as his face ?

(Yea I know, I know, Ima an aszhole)

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/3/2012, 10:27 PM
I spent much of my life making fun of people's looks, not having been taught any better growing up, until a few years ago a friend who has a facial deformity pointed out--not in response to any mocking on my part--that it's really unkind to make fun of people for things they can't help. I can't believe I never figured that out on my own.

So now my philosophy is, if they can't help it, it's off limits. If they did it to themselves (i.e. Michael Jackson, Carrot Top, Tammy Faye Bakker) they are fair game for mockery.

That being said, I did laugh at this picture of McCoy because I thought he was doing the epic WTF? lip curl at the progress of the game, the same lip curl that Mr. Gal gives me when I say something he doesn't like.

EatLeadCommie
12/3/2012, 10:46 PM
I haven't spent most or much of my life making fun of people's looks. I was raised to know better. I make an exception for McCoy though because he plays for Texas and is just so damn make-fun-of-able.

rainiersooner
12/4/2012, 12:46 AM
So now my philosophy is, if they can't help it, it's off limits. If they did it to themselves (i.e. Michael Jackson, Carrot Top, Tammy Faye Bakker) they are fair game for mockery.

What the FU*K is your problem with Carrot Top!!!??? ;)

cyclonesooner
12/4/2012, 01:07 AM
I'm pretty sure that Case is the illegitimate son of actor Gene Wilder. ahahaha