SicEmBaylor
12/3/2012, 07:08 PM
Jack Reacher? Parker?

Don't be ridiculous.

SicEmBaylor
12/3/2012, 07:09 PM
Depends which Bond we're talking about.

Connery Bond>all

None of the Bonds save, perhaps, Daniel Craig could beat Bourne let alone Bauer and Rapp who are in a league unto their own. Bond does't get his hands dirty quite like the other three. Rapp makes James Bond look like a choir boy.

8timechamps
12/3/2012, 10:36 PM
None of the Bonds save, perhaps, Daniel Craig could beat Bourne let alone Bauer and Rapp who are in a league unto their own. Bond does't get his hands dirty quite like the other three. Rapp makes James Bond look like a choir boy.

Connery Bond was smooth. He didn't have to get his hands dirty, they were too busy fondling women. I might give the edge to Bourne...might.

KantoSooner
12/4/2012, 11:28 AM
Arnold in 'Commando'
(the all time body-count movie. Conservatively he personally offs something in excess of 245 people. Many with non-firearm weapons, including, but not limited to, a circular saw blade <think frisbee with attitude>, a machete, an axe, a folding chair, a chunk of pipe and his own biceps.)

"Don't disturb my friend, he's dead tired"

"Stick around, I'll be back"

"You've got to learn not to lose your head."

"Oh, John, calm down and blow off some steam."

"I eat greeen berets for breakfast."

"Sully, remember when I said I'd kill you last? I lied."

And, from Rae Dawn Chong, "You guys really should cut back on the red meat."

Arnold, in his prime, would've popped all their heads like zits and THEN bundled up their girlfriends, sisters, mothers and other wimmens and headed back to his hacienda in the Sierras with a beer in hand and a cigar clenched in his jaw.

BermudaSooner
12/4/2012, 12:02 PM
Mitch Rapp is the best, Jack Reacher would have been a close second until Tom Cruise was cast as him. WTF? Cruise can't be Reacher.

BermudaSooner
12/4/2012, 12:03 PM
What about Scot Harvath?

8timechamps
12/4/2012, 02:29 PM
Arnold in 'Commando'
(the all time body-count movie. Conservatively he personally offs something in excess of 245 people. Many with non-firearm weapons, including, but not limited to, a circular saw blade <think frisbee with attitude>, a machete, an axe, a folding chair, a chunk of pipe and his own biceps.)

"Don't disturb my friend, he's dead tired"

"Stick around, I'll be back"

"You've got to learn not to lose your head."

"Oh, John, calm down and blow off some steam."

"I eat greeen berets for breakfast."

"Sully, remember when I said I'd kill you last? I lied."

And, from Rae Dawn Chong, "You guys really should cut back on the red meat."

Arnold, in his prime, would've popped all their heads like zits and THEN bundled up their girlfriends, sisters, mothers and other wimmens and headed back to his hacienda in the Sierras with a beer in hand and a cigar clenched in his jaw.

No doubt. Younger Ah-nold would bitch slap them all. Then have something kinda cool/kinda cheesy to say about it.

JohnnyMack
12/4/2012, 04:57 PM
Richard Parker > Mitch Rapp > Jason Bourne > Jack Bauer > James Bond

KantoSooner
12/4/2012, 04:58 PM
"To slaughter your enemies and drive them before you.
To listen to the lamentations of their women.
This is the best thing!"

Conan in reply to The Great Khan

KantoSooner
12/4/2012, 04:59 PM
You keep bedowngradin' Jack Bauer and he might have to come to your house and ask you a few simple little questions.

Questions that you will very much want to answer.

SicEmBaylor
12/4/2012, 05:02 PM
You keep bedowngradin' Jack Bauer and he might have to come to your house and ask you a few simple little questions.

Questions that you will very much want to answer.
"I'm gonna need a hacksaw" was probably the best scene of television I've ever seen.

cleller
12/5/2012, 08:44 AM
Jack Bauer? You all think Keifer Sutherland looks like a tough guy? Also that Good Will Hunting kid? Yeesh.

Now, the early Sean Connery and early Daniel Craig both look like guys that might be able to take a punch or two.

If you got all those actors (in their prime) together in one room, the only one that would even have the nerve to sit on the same couch with Arnold would be Connery. And then only after he asked permission.

KantoSooner
12/5/2012, 09:51 AM
Jack Bauer? You all think Keifer Sutherland looks like a tough guy? Also that Good Will Hunting kid? Yeesh.

Now, the early Sean Connery and early Daniel Craig both look like guys that might be able to take a punch or two.

If you got all those actors (in their prime) together in one room, the only one that would even have the nerve to sit on the same couch with Arnold would be Connery. And then only after he asked permission.

Nah, Bauer looks like everyman. And that was the point; he was this everyday guy who'd waste no time ripping the wires out of a desk lamp and hooking any handy arab looking dude up to a quick Q&A with Mr. Ready Kilowatt. That was the menace he portrayed.

cleller
12/5/2012, 10:08 AM
Nah, Bauer looks like everyman. And that was the point; he was this everyday guy who'd waste no time ripping the wires out of a desk lamp and hooking any handy arab looking dude up to a quick Q&A with Mr. Ready Kilowatt. That was the menace he portrayed.

I can get that part. I actually watched the first go-round of that on Netflix before it got too silly. His daughter was sure slutty-looking. Now, Charles Bronson back in the 50s was a pretty tough guy, pound-for-pound, but that is a digression.

C&CDean
12/7/2012, 03:22 PM
"To slaughter your enemies and drive them before you.
To listen to the lamentations of their women.
This is the best thing!"

Conan in reply to The Great Khan

This. All the rest of them are fairy boys. Never seen Jack Bauer, Richard whoever and Rapp whatever.

Wait. WTF is this thread about anyhow? TV characters or book characters?

KantoSooner
12/7/2012, 03:53 PM
And can't Harry Callahan play? I get that he was kind of skinny and all, but he did carry a little 'equalizer' with him.

GDC
12/7/2012, 09:07 PM
John McClane pwns them all.

Jacie
12/7/2012, 09:10 PM
James (Daniel Craig) Bond is so tough, he can take a hit to the balls and laugh!

Can those of you with balls say the same?

SicEmBaylor
12/7/2012, 09:20 PM
This. All the rest of them are fairy boys. Never seen Jack Bauer, Richard whoever and Rapp whatever.

Wait. WTF is this thread about anyhow? TV characters or book characters?

All the above.

Bauer is TV, Bond is book and movie, Rapp is book, and Bourne is book and movie.

BetterSoonerThanLater
12/8/2012, 02:29 PM
the only reason this topic exists is because chuck norris allows it