PDA

View Full Version : Monday poll: Who is overpaid?

badger
12/3/2012, 03:13 PM
I am going to take the coaches that are the highest paid in college football (via this (http://www.businessinsider.com/highest-paid-coaches-in-college-football-2011-11?op=1)) whose teams did not finish in the top 15 or so, then let you checkmark any and all that you think are overpaid.

Three days of anonymous votin' and like I said, vote for as many overpaid coaches as you want!

Curly Bill
12/3/2012, 04:34 PM
How much is Bob getting paid?

Scott D
12/3/2012, 04:37 PM
I did a write in of Leslie Edwin Miles. Anyone who uses the specter of leaving to bully the admin. into giving him a raise twice within a 3-4 year period is clearly overpaid.

badger
12/3/2012, 04:37 PM
i am not sure if those numbers are up-to-date, as they also included the likes of petrino and the nutter.

stoops is making between 4 and 5 mil. i am not sure when longevity bonuses kick in next.

Curly Bill
12/3/2012, 04:38 PM
i am not sure if those numbers are up-to-date, as they also included the likes of petrino and the nutter.

stoops is making between 4 and 5 mil. i am not sure when longevity bonuses kick in next.

Based on recent results than Bob too is overpaid.

badger
12/3/2012, 04:41 PM
Based on recent results than Bob too is overpaid.
ok, then you'll want to check the "write in" box :)

olevetonahill
12/3/2012, 04:43 PM
I checked em all even the write in. I think every ****ing one of em is over paid

Boomer.....
12/3/2012, 04:57 PM
Kirk Ferentz is the obvious one. Mack Brown is also definitely overpaid based on his output. You might even add Mike Gundy to the list based on school, history, and him making over 3 mil.

IslandSooner
12/3/2012, 04:58 PM
I agree with olevet.... I checked write-in for all of em!!!

Curly Bill
12/3/2012, 05:17 PM
ok, then you'll want to check the "write in" box :)

I already did! I thought Stoops was in the $4,000,000 plus range, and IMO that's too much.

Of course in the grand scheme of things they'e all paid too much.

8timechamps
12/3/2012, 05:30 PM
They're all overpaid. I picked Brown, because in a world of ridiculous salaries, his is near the top...somewhere his team hasn't been in a long time.

olevetonahill
12/3/2012, 05:38 PM
They're all overpaid. I picked Brown, because in a world of ridiculous salaries, his is near the top...somewhere his team hasn't been in a long time.

Yup

Ya know they all overpaid when we have to pay 65 bucks plus shipping for a Team shirt that some little starved to death kid made for 2 cents in Bangladesh er some place

tycat947
12/3/2012, 05:58 PM
I think all on that list, except Bielema and Jumbo Fisher, are over paid. These 2 won their conference titles so I'm not sure you could have them on the list.

Scott D
12/3/2012, 06:01 PM

actually the best part with Mack is those numbers don't include his side benefit pay from an honorary position at UT

Scott D
12/3/2012, 06:01 PM
And I want to add Urban Meyer because part of his contract is he gets free groceries from Krogers.

8timechamps
12/3/2012, 06:05 PM
And I want to add Urban Meyer because part of his contract is he gets free groceries from Krogers.

That's awesome! I have read through Stoops contract, and I saw that the school provides him with a car and insurance (and one for his wife too), and that was also the case with Saban and Miles, so I figured it's a standard benefit...but groceries, that's new.

Scott D
12/3/2012, 06:07 PM
there are schools that provide cars/insurance to all of their coaches....that's a minor perk.

My favorite perk is for the Army head coach. He got a $50k bonus for beating Air Force this year, and if Army wins on Saturday he gets another $150k bonus for winning the Commander In Chief Trophy.

olevetonahill
12/3/2012, 06:52 PM

Lucky bastage also gets a 750 Gift card to the Local Gun shop every year

FirstandGoal
12/3/2012, 08:27 PM
Had to go with Ferentz.

Anybody that can suck out loud in the B1G is a certain kind of special.

Besides, Mack is some great entertainment and comic relief for the rest of us here in Big XII country and that right there helps offset his salary

8timechamps
12/3/2012, 10:27 PM
there are schools that provide cars/insurance to all of their coaches....that's a minor perk.

My favorite perk is for the Army head coach. He got a $50k bonus for beating Air Force this year, and if Army wins on Saturday he gets another $150k bonus for winning the Commander In Chief Trophy.

If I had a contract, I'd add something crazy, like "if team beats (rival team), then the head coach shall be served 17 chicken wings by hand, until consumed entirely".

MyT Oklahoma
12/4/2012, 01:12 AM
I think most of you are looking at this in the wrong way. I for one voted to add Mack to this list but at the same time it occurred to me that he is worth every dollar UT has paid him the past 15 years for his best efforts against us. Keep up the great work Coach.

P.S. On a serious note though what you really need to look at is what a Coach brings back to the University in donations on top of filling all of the seats and then selling however many hot dogs, programs and drinks the University expects. When you look at it from that standpoint some of these Coaches are well worth what they are paid as to what they bring in in revenue to their employers.

Tear Down This Wall
12/4/2012, 01:19 AM
You guys are nuts. PLEASE Texas...give Mack a raise and an extension. Let him coach until he's riding around in a golf cart like Bowden or having to watch it from the press box like Paterno.

Please, please, please keep rewarding his underachievement!

MyT Oklahoma
12/4/2012, 10:12 AM
You guys are nuts. PLEASE Texas...give Mack a raise and an extension. Let him coach until he's riding around in a golf cart like Bowden or having to watch it from the press box like Paterno.

Please, please, please keep rewarding his underachievement!

Amen.

sooneron
12/4/2012, 10:42 AM
I think all on that list, except Bielema and Jumbo Fisher, are over paid. These 2 won their conference titles so I'm not sure you could have them on the list.

Bielema's team lost 5 ****ing games this year. They only had a shot at the title b/c of the crapstorms at PSU and tOSU. Both of which, the badgers lost to... Uh, no.

MyT Oklahoma
12/4/2012, 09:55 PM
Wonder how much Bielema will get at Arkansas. I don't care of course I just wonder.