PDA

View Full Version : Treadwell

SOONERMANN13
12/3/2012, 09:00 AM
8x, do you have any info on OU's standing with him? he went to Ole Miss this past weekend for an OV and really enjoyed it, tweeting that his "mom is sold on the place." just wondering if you or anyone had any other information regarding our chances with him. i have a friend who's a huge ole miss fan and keeps tabs on the insde of the program and he knows how huge of a get treadwell will be b/c apparently that #1 overal recruit who's brother plays for ole miss is all but signed. said he was promised immediate playing time, which i do'nt believe OU promises (and rightfully so). Just checking for info. TIA

8timechamps
12/3/2012, 05:19 PM
OU has fallen off the Treadwell radar. I don't know why, but I suspect it has something to do with the sheer number of WRs on the roster. The last I heard, Michigan was still in the lead for him, but Ole Miss has picked up a lot of steam in the past month. Apparently, Ole Miss is looking to redo their offense (maybe not "redo", but put a little more emphasis on passing), and that has played in their favor for Treadwell.

Ole Miss is putting together a really nice class, so it's not out of the question that they'll be there in the end for Treadwell. Right now, I think it's still Michigan in the lead though.

8timechamps
12/4/2012, 01:46 PM
Update: Ole Miss is officially in the lead for Treadwell. Apparently, the Sooners are back in the top 3. Treadwell is taking an official visit to Norman on December 14.

Michigan fell to third on the list. Treadwell's best friend is a freshman at Ole Miss, so I'm sure that has played a role.

8timechamps
12/17/2012, 06:27 PM
Treadwell was in Norman over the weekend on his official visit. He attended the football awards banquet, and was hosted by RB David Smith (a hometown friend of Treadwell). Reports are that the visit went very well, and Treadwell hit it off with LB recruit Dom Alexander.

OU may have gained significant ground on Ole Miss in the recruitment of the nations #1 WR.

Ruf/Nek7
12/17/2012, 10:03 PM
The only thing that concerns me is that Treadwell visited Ole Miss with Robert Nkemdiche. Hopefully they do not have plans to make Ole Miss' class the best in...ever.

8timechamps
12/17/2012, 10:10 PM
The only thing that concerns me is that Treadwell visited Ole Miss with Robert Nkemdiche. Hopefully they do not have plans to make Ole Miss' class the best in...ever.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's between OU/Ole Miss/Notre Dame. That's based only on what I've read/heard. Notre Dame is kind of the unknown of the three, but Treadwell has mentioned the Domers several times.

All I've heard about his visit was that he had a ton of fun, and really hit it off with Dominique Alexander (who may be the most vocal commit we have). Ole Miss is a lock for Nkemdiche, but I'm hoping Treadwell sees that OU is a much better fit for a WR looking to be a big part of an offense.

Ruf/Nek7
12/18/2012, 10:08 AM
Also, and I may be wrong, but for some reason i thought it was against NCAA rules to have pre made jerseys from the college with the prospect's # and what not? Am I wrong on this?

8timechamps
12/18/2012, 05:46 PM
Also, and I may be wrong, but for some reason i thought it was against NCAA rules to have pre made jerseys from the college with the prospect's # and what not? Am I wrong on this?

I don't know the details about those kinds of things, but I know the university is allowed X amount of money to provide the recruit with a t-shirt/jersey or something while on their visit.

Mjcpr
1/11/2013, 09:56 AM
He is visiting orange aggy this weekend according to the Tulsa World. Ugh.

Soonerjeepman
1/11/2013, 12:34 PM

I'm pretty sure I read that as well...some schools had a locker all set up with the recruits jersey...helmet..everything...saying.."imagine you suiting up right here on game day!" ah well...

8timechamps
1/11/2013, 07:33 PM
Treadwell's official final three are OU, OSU and Ole Miss. Seems like kind of a strange mix of teams, considering he's from Illinois. Here's where I think he stands:

OSU - Treadwell developed a strong relationship with Monken, and that was the driver for OSU. Monken had all but sold Treadwell on his place in the pass happy OSU offense. There is rumor that Treadwell kept his visit with OSU out of respect, but interest has fallen since Monken's departure.

Ole Miss - The Rebels are believed to be in the driver's seat for Treadwell. With Ole Miss putting together one of the best classes in year's, and Tredwell's relationship with fellow recruit Nkemdiche (and another player already at Ole Miss that is a good friend with Treadwell), it appears that Ole Miss will be the team to beat.

OU - Treadwell visited Norman for the football banquet, and hit it off very well with incoming player Dominique Alexander. Treadwell has developed a solid relationship with Jay Norvell and that could be the deciding factor if Treadwell is to become a Sooner.

The Sooners have offered two WR since Treadwell's visit:

K.J. Young (6'0", 183 lbs - Perris, CA) - Young is considered a three star prospect from Scouts, Inc. Tim Kish has been very involved in Young's recruiting.

Dannon Cavil (6'5", 205 lbs - San Antonio, TX) - Cavil is committed to Cal, however, he has camped at OU the last two years, and said he was "very excited to get the offer" from OU. Cavil is a four star recruit according to Scouts, Inc.

With the two additional offers, it could mean that the Sooners feel like Treadwell is a longshot and/or they want 3 WRs to round out the class.

Mjcpr
1/17/2013, 01:38 PM
Announcing today at 5pm.

colleyvillesooner
1/17/2013, 02:50 PM
So he's a good as gone to Ole miss right?

tulsaoilerfan
1/17/2013, 04:01 PM
Blevins thinks OSU, so more than likely its gonna be anyone else lol

CowboyMRW
1/17/2013, 04:04 PM
8x, you do know that Monken wasn't his primary recruiter don't you?

Also, OU has been eliminated in the past week and a half. Down to OSU and Ole Miss. I think he still chooses Ole Miss, but we made a huge impression on him during his visit and Gundy and Dunn had an in-home with him earlier this week. I think it's about 60/40 right now towards Ole Miss.

Also, Uncle Ricky has been a big help for us, and if in fact he chooses OSU, a big reason will be him having 3 uncles that are thirty minutes from campus, reportedly.

8timechamps
1/17/2013, 05:16 PM
8x, you do know that Monken wasn't his primary recruiter don't you?

Also, OU has been eliminated in the past week and a half. Down to OSU and Ole Miss. I think he still chooses Ole Miss, but we made a huge impression on him during his visit and Gundy and Dunn had an in-home with him earlier this week. I think it's about 60/40 right now towards Ole Miss.

Also, Uncle Ricky has been a big help for us, and if in fact he chooses OSU, a big reason will be him having 3 uncles that are thirty minutes from campus, reportedly.

I didn't know that Monken wasn't his primary recruiter (I don't follow any other team's recruiting that close). However, I think anytime a team loses a coordinator, that it affects a kids recruiting. It'll be interesting to see where he end's up. I didn't realize he had family so close.

CowboyMRW
1/17/2013, 05:24 PM
I didn't know that Monken wasn't his primary recruiter (I don't follow any other team's recruiting that close). However, I think anytime a team loses a coordinator, that it affects a kids recruiting. It'll be interesting to see where he end's up. I didn't realize he had family so close.

It definitely does affect recruiting, but I think it was a bit more different in this case. Gundy has a solid track record of hiring offensive coordinators, and word is we're going after the Falcons QB coach. Glenn Robinson? Plus Treadwell's uncle was an AA linebacker at OSU and with Dez and Blackmon here lately, they're big selling points to WR's.

CowboyMRW
1/17/2013, 05:27 PM
All a moot point anyway. Sources have said Treadwell called Gundy a little bit ago and told him he won't be committing to Ole Miss.

Crazy that Ole Miss is going to pull in 4 5*s this year.

Mjcpr
1/17/2013, 05:36 PM
All a moot point anyway. Sources have said Treadwell called Gundy a little bit ago and told him he won't be committing to Ole Miss.

What?

colleyvillesooner
1/17/2013, 05:36 PM
will or wont

8timechamps
1/17/2013, 05:38 PM

I'm assuming you mean he won't be committing to OSU.

Ole Miss is putting together a hell of a class.

CowboyMRW
1/17/2013, 05:47 PM
I'm assuming you mean he won't be committing to OSU.

Ole Miss is putting together a hell of a class.

This comes from a Rivals board, but Illinois School Board has gotten wind that Treadwell has received money from a school. Whether it be Ole Miss or OSU, I don't know. But I do find it weird that Ole Miss is about to pull in what they are doing.

I don't know if I'm rooting for Ole Miss to compete in the SEC or get caught cheating, hopefully leading to the rest of the SEC passing money.

I was really, really hoping to land Treadwell, but Ross, Samples, and Ateman are 3 very good receivers for sure.

8timechamps
1/17/2013, 06:10 PM
This comes from a Rivals board, but Illinois School Board has gotten wind that Treadwell has received money from a school. Whether it be Ole Miss or OSU, I don't know. But I do find it weird that Ole Miss is about to pull in what they are doing.

I don't know if I'm rooting for Ole Miss to compete in the SEC or get caught cheating, hopefully leading to the rest of the SEC passing money.

I was really, really hoping to land Treadwell, but Ross, Samples, and Ateman are 3 very good receivers for sure.

If true, I have no doubt that it is Ole Miss. I don't like OSU as much as the next Sooner fan, but I think Gundy runs a clean program. Ole Miss on the other hand...

boomersooner28
1/17/2013, 07:56 PM
If you aint payin...you aint tryin. When we gonna break out the checkbook? : )

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/18/2013, 11:39 AM
I'm pretty sure I read that as well...some schools had a locker all set up with the recruits jersey...helmet..everything...saying.."imagine you suiting up right here on game day!" ah well...

I thought this was all illegal honestly. I know that you can't simulate them going onto the field with a jersey as USC got busted for that several years ago.

Scott D
1/18/2013, 01:04 PM
Thought the rule was you couldn't simulate a gameday experience.

SOONERMANN13
1/18/2013, 01:32 PM
the ole miss fans around me are "giddy" to say they least about treadwell and this class, and rightfully so. but one has to wonder how they are doing it this fast! i will say, keep in mind who Freeze learned from. he learned from the best (or dirtiest) recruiter of them all, Ed Orgeron, who's been kiffin's right hand man for years. we know the trouble those 2 get in to so we'll see if anything is going on dirty or if they just like ole miss. FWIW, i really like freeze and ole miss is a beautiful campus, but i wouldn't pick them over OU or even as cowboy pointed out with the receivers lately at osu, i wouldn't pick ole miss over them either....