PDA

View Full Version : Two Sooners arrested last night

8timechamps
12/2/2012, 01:48 PM
Jalen Saunders and Cortez Johnson arrested for possession of marijuana, per Jake Trotter.

Looks like we'll probably be without Saunders for the bowl game.

colleyvillesooner
12/2/2012, 01:54 PM
Un ****ing believable. Guess he doesn't have any "allergy" problems with weed. Man some players are so dumb.

8timechamps
12/2/2012, 01:56 PM
Un ****ing believable. Guess he doesn't have any "allergy" problems with weed. Man some players are so dumb.

I'm thinking they are going to learn pretty quickly that stuff like that doesn't get overlooked. You'd think the suspensions earlier this season would have taught them something. Even if it was just to keep it in your house. Hard to believe.

olevetonahill
12/2/2012, 02:00 PM
Ima wait till I hear the Paul Harvey

JLEW1818
12/2/2012, 02:00 PM
Kick them both off the team.

Stupid children.

stoopified
12/2/2012, 02:08 PM
Jalen Saunders and Cortez Johnson arrested for possession of marijuana, per Jake Trotter.

Looks like we'll probably be without Saunders for the bowl game.Saunders has breathing issue,I bet the mary jane was medicinal.

goingoneight
12/2/2012, 02:20 PM
There's a difference between the ganj and smog, everybody. Haha

Still, the kids have to learn the same way everyone else does.

SoonerStormchaser
12/2/2012, 02:21 PM
Kick em off, I say.

olevetonahill
12/2/2012, 02:23 PM

Stupid children.

Kick em off, I say.

Can we hear it for a FACT 1st?

bluedogok
12/2/2012, 02:26 PM
I looked at all the OKC news sites (Oklahoman, Norman Transcript, KWTV, KOCO, KFOR, Fox25) and national news sites haven't seen a thing about it.

JLEW1818
12/2/2012, 02:28 PM

Stupid children.

Kick em off, I say.

Pot head.

Heh. ;)

8timechamps
12/2/2012, 02:29 PM

I looked at all the OKC news sites (Oklahoman, Norman Transcript, KWTV, KOCO, KFOR, Fox25) and haven't seen a thing about it.

Jake Trotter is the OU beat writer for ESPN, and it's on the SoonerNation site. It's hard to believe he would put his name on this kind of thing if it's not true. He's as plugged in as anyone to what's going on at OU.

olevetonahill
12/2/2012, 02:31 PM
Pot head.

Heh. ;)

Dont make me a bad person :tongue:

8timechamps
12/2/2012, 02:31 PM
Here's the link:

LINK (http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8701872/oklahoma-sooners-jalen-saunders-cortez-johnson-arrested-pot-charge)

Sooners WR Jalen Saunders arrested
Updated: December 2, 2012, 2:29 PM ET
By Jake Trotter | SoonerNation

NORMAN, Okla. -- Oklahoma Sooners receiver Jalen Saunders and cornerback Cortez Johnson were arrested Sunday morning on a complaint of possession of a controlled substance, according to the Cleveland County Sherriff's Office.

Saunders and Johnson were arrested at 2:34 a.m. CT on Sunday for possession of marijuana and released, a spokesman for the Cleveland County Jail confirmed.

OU officials have yet to comment.

Saunders, who transferred from Fresno State during the offseason, has been one of the Sooners' top offensive weapons this season.

In Saturday's 24-17 win over TCU, Saunders hauled in seven receptions for 108 yards and a touchdown.

Johnson, who transferred in from Arizona, is sitting out this season under NCAA transfer rules.

olevetonahill
12/2/2012, 02:32 PM
Jake Trotter is the OU beat writer for ESPN, and it's on the SoonerNation site. It's hard to believe he would put his name on this kind of thing if it's not true. He's as plugged in as anyone to what's going on at OU.

Ok then can we hear the FACTs 1st then?

bluedogok
12/2/2012, 02:33 PM
It just showed up 2 minutes ago on ESPN according to their time stamp, I didn't see it on the ESPN CFB page anywhere five minutes ago, had to do a search for Jake Trotter ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8701872/oklahoma-sooners-jalen-saunders-cortez-johnson-arrested-pot-charge

olevetonahill
12/2/2012, 02:34 PM
Here's the link:

LINK (http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8701872/oklahoma-sooners-jalen-saunders-cortez-johnson-arrested-pot-charge)

Thanks, I still want to hear the Facts tho

8timechamps
12/2/2012, 02:35 PM
Thanks, I still want to hear the Facts tho

I'm with you, like...how do you get caught? You'd think they'd be smart enough to keep that **** in their house.

JLEW1818
12/2/2012, 02:37 PM
Blame Landry for not being a leader...

bluedogok
12/2/2012, 02:37 PM
Yep, even if it is "legal" like non-medical consumption will be in a year here it is still illegal to do it in public. If you live in the dorm I am sure you know of someone who off campus who partakes.

8timechamps
12/2/2012, 02:38 PM
Blame Landry for not being a leader...

Damn Landry!

agoo758
12/2/2012, 02:39 PM
Possession itself isn't really a big deal in my eyes, but knowing that it's against the law and knowing that it will cost you playing in the bowl game makes it pretty selfish on their parts. As much as I hate to say it, Saunders needs to sit this next game out.

8timechamps
12/2/2012, 02:42 PM
Possession itself isn't really a big deal in my eyes, but knowing that it's against the law and knowing that it will cost you playing in the bowl game makes it pretty selfish on their parts. As much as I hate to say it, Saunders needs to sit this next game out.

Yeah, I'm not naive enough to think that there is NEVER weed smoked by any college player, anywhere in the country. I did it, it was just that nobody cared. But, when you know the spotlight is going to be on you, you have to make better decisions.

olevetonahill
12/2/2012, 02:42 PM
Like I said I'd like to see the arrest report.
Were they out Joy ridin and smokin a dube or were they riding with someone else that was holdin and got roped in with them?

When I see the FACTs then I may or may not call for their heads on a platter

FaninAma
12/2/2012, 03:30 PM
Nothing good ever happens in public after midnite.

OUinFLA
12/2/2012, 03:39 PM

wise

EatLeadCommie
12/2/2012, 03:43 PM

Except for the whole taking chicks home at closing time thing.

redkid
12/2/2012, 03:47 PM
boys never learn,,Mr Saunders meet Mr doghouse

Jack T.
12/2/2012, 04:06 PM

Well, except for Ortiz hitting a walk-off homerun in Game 4 of the 2004 ALCS. . .that was pretty good after midnight public display :-) :-)

If, however, it were Jeter hitting that walkoff homer and the Yanks won instead of the Sox, then I would 100% agree with you!

Petro-Sooner
12/2/2012, 04:15 PM
Thugs. Nicely done

SoonerBBall
12/2/2012, 04:20 PM
1 quarter suspension in bowl game if it is their first offense. I could care less about college kids smoking pot while hanging out.

auto
12/2/2012, 04:47 PM
Thugs. Nicely done

Smoking weed makes you a thug, full of the dumbass I see.

freshchris05
12/2/2012, 04:48 PM
Cleveland county needs to get over themselves. I think the dude deserved a doob. It's not like he got drunk and beat up his friends, or gf. Chillax man.

Petro-Sooner
12/2/2012, 04:55 PM
Thugs. Nicely done

Smoking weed makes you a thug, full of the dumbass I see.
Damn right is does. Go have another puff.

cherokeebrewer
12/2/2012, 05:13 PM

you don't puff a doobie

auto
12/2/2012, 05:21 PM

I see we have the voice of moral majority here. Guess, all those dr.'s, lawyers, IT professional, and management types, are flat out gangsta for their choice of recreationi? Fail train, moving at light speed, with a bomb.

sendbaht
12/2/2012, 05:26 PM
better the drinking...but still kids will be kids....

thecrimsoncrusader
12/2/2012, 05:50 PM
Play him in the bowl game. You're punishing the team, not him, by not playing him in the bowl game. Then suspend him for the next few games next season. Outisde of the USC debacle, OU's biggest problem in BCS bowl games has been key personnel either being injured, suspended or ineligible.

TUSooner
12/2/2012, 06:50 PM

Best post you ever made! :biggrin:

revelladee
12/2/2012, 07:12 PM
Breaking the rules is breaking the rules....Stoops will let him play at Popcorn State University before he will ever let him play in a bowl game for OU.....imho

CatfishSooner
12/2/2012, 07:40 PM
damn...

I'm w/ Vet...I wanna see the facts

King Crimson
12/2/2012, 07:48 PM
2:30 in the morning.....Norman popo near campus corner are looking for something to do....and it's the money time.

and they gave it to them.

were the players impaired in anyway? was it just possession? we have to ask....which is the more dangerous crime? possession of an illegal substance? or driving under the influence of a legal one that makes driving bad...and often ends in dead peoples.

2:30 in the AM i think you can guess if they have it, they aren't just transporting it.....but....let's not ignore some other things.

still, bad decision. and they have to sit. not like they beat up their girlfriend or something.

Seamus
12/2/2012, 08:52 PM
I see we have the voice of moral majority here. Guess, all those dr.'s, lawyers, IT professional, and management types, are flat out gangsta for their choice of recreationi? Fail train, moving at light speed, with a bomb.

Exactly. But be careful in responding to his nonsense -- that kind of idiocy is highly contagious.

tanjou
12/2/2012, 08:54 PM
who cares, it's weed

Seamus
12/2/2012, 09:07 PM
who cares, it's weed

Repent now, thug!!!!!1!!11!!!eleven!!1!!11!!111!!

Soonerjeepman
12/2/2012, 09:09 PM
if we were CU it'd be no biggie...

C&CDean
12/2/2012, 09:22 PM
Dope is for dopes. End of discussion.

StoopTroup
12/2/2012, 09:29 PM
Bob: Goodbye

yankee
12/2/2012, 09:34 PM
Dummies. People waiting for the "facts" probably just have their heads in the sand with this. Good luck trying to get away with possession of drugs. Bob is gonna come down hard on these guys.

Soonerjeepman
12/2/2012, 09:50 PM
Dope is for dopes. End of discussion.

totally agree...just saying colo passed their pot law so it's not illegal..if 21

Midtowner
12/2/2012, 09:53 PM
It would be dumb to get rid of this talent over this sort of indiscretion. Put 'em on a drug testing schedule, but otherwise, I don't see the big deal.

StoopTroup
12/2/2012, 09:58 PM
It would be dumb to get rid of this talent over this sort of indiscretion. Put 'em on a drug testing schedule, but otherwise, I don't see the big deal.

Seriously? President Boren has outlawed keggers, smoking and now you think Bob is going to be lieniant on an illegal substance? I understand your thoughts on losing Jalen for sure but if this is true, he'll be out at least for this Bowl Game if not for a few games next year and possibly permanently.

8timechamps
12/2/2012, 10:03 PM
Seriously? President Boren has outlawed keggers, smoking and now you think Bob is going to be lieniant on an illegal substance? I understand your thoughts on losing Jalen for sure but if this is true, he'll be out at least for this Bowl Game if not for a few games next year and possibly permanently.

There's no question that he'll be suspended. That's been the precedent. By that same precedent, he's given these kids a second chance. Hopefully they've learned something. Like "Hey, lets go smoke this in our room instead of in the middle of Campus Corner (or where ever they were busted)"

StoopTroup
12/2/2012, 10:06 PM
I think it's well known Bob gives 2nd chances but it comes along with a no tolerance policy. If Jalen can pass a drug test....maybe nothing happens. This scenario would probably be a miracle scenario. I wish I had better faith in players decision making but with all these folks who think it should be no big deal....I just don't have that feeling.

BoulderSooner79
12/2/2012, 10:46 PM
Saunders has become close to being this year's Broyles for LJ. Landry has been spreading it around much better this year, but that's with Saunders consistently being open. This one is gonna hurt and we'll need lots of point to beat A&M.

olevetonahill
12/2/2012, 10:54 PM
Dummies. People waiting for the "facts" probably just have their heads in the sand with this. Good luck trying to get away with possession of drugs. Bob is gonna come down hard on these guys.

Not a Dummy Ya dayum Yankee.
Also not a thing wrong with waiting for all the facts before rushing to judge 2 young men. Why Hell I bet you beat yer kids if you even hear they might have done sompun wrong

After all thats been reported Yea Im sure Bob will come down on em hard. But when I posted I wanted too wait on Facts, was Right after it was reported on TWITTER

So go beat yer children Oh and slap yer wife I heard shes screwing around on you.

thecrimsoncrusader
12/2/2012, 11:01 PM
Breaking the rules is breaking the rules....Stoops will let him play at Popcorn State University before he will ever let him play in a bowl game for OU.....imho

That hasn't worked too well for him of late. Meyer and Saban have two BCS titles because they look the other way.

Sooner70
12/2/2012, 11:42 PM
They''re done. Next comment form Stoops will either be "...they're gone, ", or if he's in a good mood "....they're indefinitely suspended." Either way, probably last we're heard from them.

Too bad, 'cause Saunders had lots of potential. Oh well, it'll be a chance for someone else to step up. Maybe See Metoyer or Shephard more.

picasso
12/3/2012, 12:25 AM
Really? I seem to recall an AA free safety of ours having some problems in this department and he was never dismissed entirely.

TahoeSOONER
12/3/2012, 12:50 AM
It's bowl season officially!

Shep will need to step up

Fraggle145
12/3/2012, 01:11 AM
So were they just walking around with it in their pockets? Were they smoking it out on campus corner? Was it in a car and they got pulled over making both guilty regardless? Is there any info about the circumstances? Hell for all we know it was one of 'em or the other with the weed and the other is just guilty by association. I'm with Vet I want more facts. Regardless they'll get suspended and should for making a bad choice. But I dont think this is something to burn them at the stake over. Hell, Dvoracek put someone in intensive care and was able to earn his way back.

nighttrain12
12/3/2012, 01:15 AM
We don't need Cheech & Chong on our team. Get rid of them, pronto! Say no to drugs! Get high on life!

Seamus
12/3/2012, 01:45 AM
Trying to remember the last time Cheech or Chong took an out route the distance for a touchdown.

Let's calm the **** down with the broad, sweeping and ridiculous generalizations.

A helluva lot more facts -- and a helluva lot less light-speed patella-to-mandible upward sweeping motion -- is warranted.

Sooner70
12/3/2012, 07:41 AM
Are you kidding me? If Trey Franks, Kareem Jackson, Q. Walker (sp?), etc got canned because of not attending class, are you really believing Stoops is going to let these guys back in? Really?

We can talk circumstance, facts & extenuating all we want on this board. Bottom line is what Bob Stoops will want to do, and my take is that they're done. Stoops has no tolerance for this dope/drug stuff & running up against the law. Dvoracek was put on ice for a year before he brought his contrite self out of the dumps & that wasn't even a drug thing. I guess there may be a possiblity in this case, but doubt it. Maybe if the arresting officers confessed the planted the stuff in the car or something, then maybe.

Monster Zero
12/3/2012, 08:27 AM
After going to bat for the kid, pleading a respiratory problem so he could play this year, and now this, smoking dope?

He'll be loading his stuff up tonite. Same for his buddy.

olevetonahill
12/3/2012, 08:29 AM
From simple Possession to Smoking Man some you folks got the stretch goin on aint ya?

Im still waiting to see the arrest report

The Kid may well be a Dope smokin fiend but why dont we wait a few hours and see the FACTs

cherokeebrewer
12/3/2012, 08:39 AM
Dvoracek was put on ice for a year before he brought his contrite self out of the dumps & that wasn't even a drug thing.

I'm pretty sure alcohol is a drug, a legal drug, but a drug nonetheless. Some might even say it's a far more dangerous drug than cannabis...

Okie35
12/3/2012, 09:20 AM
I like Saunders game but who cares... he's not needed for us to beat A&M the defense needs to step up.

Midtowner
12/3/2012, 09:27 AM
I hate to say it, but kick 'em off. Drugs in an organization like this one are a cancer. I'm the chapter adviser to my college fraternity and experience has taught me that where one kid is using illegal drugs, he's introducing other people to it. Unless you cut out the cancer and show everyone where 'the line' is, people will continue to cross it. I have huge respect for Saunders' game, but he is not bigger than this program. I wish him luck at whatever D-II school he ends up at or in the NFL.

olevetonahill
12/3/2012, 09:28 AM
I hate to say it, but kick 'em off. Drugs in an organization like this one are a cancer. I'm the chapter adviser to my college fraternity and experience has taught me that where one kid is using illegal drugs, he's introducing other people to it. Unless you cut out the cancer and show everyone where 'the line' is, people will continue to cross it. I have huge respect for Saunders' game, but he is not bigger than this program. I wish him luck at whatever D-II school he ends up at or in the NFL.

HEY M/Q can you post a copy of the arrest report?

Midtowner
12/3/2012, 09:35 AM
HEY M/Q can you post a copy of the arrest report?

I'd have to go to whoever arrested him and request the report. More'n likely, it'll show up on OSCN in a few weeks. Trouble is, Cleveland County is pretty bad about scanning things in. Whether it's done or not seems to vary from judge to judge. I'm kind of happy 'bout that though. District Attorneys have a pretty bad record of positing the information (the charges) online with a copy of the Defendant's social security number and date of birth for anyone to see.

Didn't really notice that 'til I was poking around Justin Blackmon's DUI, and lo and behold, I was looking at the social security # and DOB of a first round draft pick.

olevetonahill
12/3/2012, 09:40 AM
Ok, Then .Like I said Ill wait until I hear what Bob has to say

OkieThunderLion
12/3/2012, 09:40 AM
Are you kidding me? If Trey Franks, Kareem Jackson, Q. Walker (sp?), etc got canned because of not attending class, are you really believing Stoops is going to let these guys back in? Really?

We can talk circumstance, facts & extenuating all we want on this board. Bottom line is what Bob Stoops will want to do, and my take is that they're done. Stoops has no tolerance for this dope/drug stuff & running up against the law. Dvoracek was put on ice for a year before he brought his contrite self out of the dumps & that wasn't even a drug thing. I guess there may be a possiblity in this case, but doubt it. Maybe if the arresting officers confessed the planted the stuff in the car or something, then maybe.

Torrance Marshall, Brandon Everage (x2), only missed 1 game.

OkieThunderLion
12/3/2012, 09:42 AM

Precedent has been set. Saunders will likely sit the bowl game, Cortez the 2013 opener.

OkieThunderLion
12/3/2012, 09:49 AM
Stacey McGee, another one, just one game.

PrideMom
12/3/2012, 10:06 AM
They knew the rules, and thought it did not apply to them. You can't fix stupid. What were they doing out at 2:30 AM? Saunders is a great player, but even the Pros don't like dopers. Not exactly the type of news a parent wants to hear......especially after all of the efforts OU did to get Saunders eligible to play.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/3/2012, 10:14 AM
Torrance Marshall, Brandon Everage (x2), only missed 1 game.

This was in the NC season wasn't it?

OkieThunderLion
12/3/2012, 10:24 AM
Yes, but Everage again in 2003.

BoulderSooner79
12/3/2012, 11:39 AM
Fortunately, no one here gets a vote.

Wishboned
12/3/2012, 11:41 AM
I'm thinking one game suspension for each.

Saunders got to smoke a bowl, but he won't get to play in one.

Seamus
12/3/2012, 07:01 PM
Saunders got to smoke a bowl, but he won't get to play in one.

Bwahaha. Well played, sir, well played.

EatLeadCommie
12/3/2012, 07:48 PM

I'm sorry. I know your post is well intentioned and well reasoned, but it reads like something from a bubble. I dare say that there probably isn't a person on the football team who hasn't been "introduced" to pot in one form or another-- whether from smoking it, tolerating its use among friends, or certainly viewing it with a certain degree of regularity. That is just a fact of life in college, and it is even more a fact of life in the places where many of these kids grow up. Hell, it's common in the freaking suburbs, people. This isn't 1960.

Weed is prevalent in college life and on college campuses. I'm not excusing whatever idiocy apparently led to this because I firmly believe that you have to put aside that stuff, at least during football season, for the greater good of your team and your teammates. The risk/reward ratio just isn't worth it. But that having been said, there are a lot more kids doing it than just the ones that get caught. And some of the "team rules" or other violations are related to weed as well.

So while it would seem that some sort of punishment is in order depending on the offense (as some have pointed out, let's wait for the police report), kicking a kid off the team for it is just harsh unless there are other circumstances around the kid that would justify it (like multiple violations, criminality, etc...).

tulsaoilerfan
12/3/2012, 08:05 PM
I read somewhere that they were pulled over because of a turn signal not working properly or some BS like that; does anyone think they would have been pulled over for that in broad daylight?

Midtowner
12/3/2012, 09:37 PM
I'm sorry. I know your post is well intentioned and well reasoned, but it reads like something from a bubble. I dare say that there probably isn't a person on the football team who hasn't been "introduced" to pot in one form or another-- whether from smoking it, tolerating its use among friends, or certainly viewing it with a certain degree of regularity. That is just a fact of life in college, and it is even more a fact of life in the places where many of these kids grow up. Hell, it's common in the freaking suburbs, people. This isn't 1960.

Weed is prevalent in college life and on college campuses. I'm not excusing whatever idiocy apparently led to this because I firmly believe that you have to put aside that stuff, at least during football season, for the greater good of your team and your teammates. The risk/reward ratio just isn't worth it. But that having been said, there are a lot more kids doing it than just the ones that get caught. And some of the "team rules" or other violations are related to weed as well.

So while it would seem that some sort of punishment is in order depending on the offense (as some have pointed out, let's wait for the police report), kicking a kid off the team for it is just harsh unless there are other circumstances around the kid that would justify it (like multiple violations, criminality, etc...).

Sorry. I made it all the way through high school, college and life without touching the stuff. I am/was a member of a fraternity, reasonably well liked in high school. Even played in a jam band (fiddle). Repeat. Never touched the stuff. It's not hard. Your friends are smoking it, pass it on, do not smoke, so not inhale. It may be prevalent, but it is illegal. Is it stupid that it's illegal? Hell yes. I want it legalized, but will not touch it even if it is.

I think we're more-less agreed that it's idiotic to smoke during college and that some people do it. I just can't associate folks who actively choose to violate the law with myself.

From personal experience, having dealt with this in a college fraternity situation, it is a cancer. You have to be aggressive and you can't have tolerance. You cut the cancer out. You destroy it. Otherwise, it takes hold and festers.

--also, you can't trust a kid's word once he says he'll be clean. When he joined, he took an oath involving not taking illegal drugs. Fool me once, etc.

oudivesherpa
12/3/2012, 10:58 PM
I'm old and square, I've never smoked pot, I don't drink unless my Baptists relatives are coming to visit (and then I drink heavily), I've never done coke (can't get the bottle up my nose) and If you don't count Dallas weekend, was never with a girl until I was out of college. But times have changed, after a career in the Oil business, I started teaching AP students at an affluent HS in Houston. Over 2/3 of the students (your sons and daughters) have tried weed by their senior year. It's illegal, but within the next ten years it will be legal in a majority of the states. Partying is one reason kids chose a college and the main reason that Texas is the choice over A & M in Texas. Weed is easy to get in Austin!

Of course, it looks like even with all their talent, UT was stoned all season!

StoopTroup
12/4/2012, 04:02 PM
They knew the rules, and thought it did not apply to them. You can't fix stupid. What were they doing out at 2:30 AM? Saunders is a great player, but even the Pros don't like dopers. Not exactly the type of news a parent wants to hear......especially after all of the efforts OU did to get Saunders eligible to play.

Celebrating, fixing the munchies and checking out the available girls after the bars closed? Taco Bell? :D

EatLeadCommie
12/4/2012, 04:45 PM
Sorry. I made it all the way through high school, college and life without touching the stuff. I am/was a member of a fraternity, reasonably well liked in high school. Even played in a jam band (fiddle). Repeat. Never touched the stuff. It's not hard. Your friends are smoking it, pass it on, do not smoke, so not inhale. It may be prevalent, but it is illegal. Is it stupid that it's illegal? Hell yes. I want it legalized, but will not touch it even if it is.

I think we're more-less agreed that it's idiotic to smoke during college and that some people do it. I just can't associate folks who actively choose to violate the law with myself.

From personal experience, having dealt with this in a college fraternity situation, it is a cancer. You have to be aggressive and you can't have tolerance. You cut the cancer out. You destroy it. Otherwise, it takes hold and festers.

--also, you can't trust a kid's word once he says he'll be clean. When he joined, he took an oath involving not taking illegal drugs. Fool me once, etc.

We had weed in our fraternity as well, and pretty much every fraternity on campus. From my perspective, it was not a cancer unless you were in the frat that had the weed dealers in it, which brought unneeded attention.

Anyway, my point is that this is so commonplace that you can't just institute a zero tolerance, cut-the-cancer policy. It's so commonplace that it is NOT a cancer, unless there are other factors there like REAL criminality or drug dealing, etc... Weed is a part of life, whether you choose to be an active participant or a passive observer. It doesn't carry the taboo that it once did. And it isn't something that is mostly concentrated in the poorer black or minority parts of town anymore either. Weed is as white as Wonder Bread these days, has been for a while, and it permeates every element of society. It is not something that "only the bad kids do" and should therefore be dealt with accordingly. Perhaps this is a more serious thing than a speeding ticket. The question is whether or not you treat it as more serious than underage drinking.

StoopTroup
12/4/2012, 04:53 PM
Since we haven't heard much since the incident....it would seem to me that this might not become a huge incident. Maybe even a No Comment from the Coaching Staff.

BoulderSooner79
12/4/2012, 05:03 PM
I used weed in high school and to a lesser extent, during my stay at OU. Why would I willingly violate the law? Because I was a teenager and didn't think that hard about it. I obviously didn't think it was idiotic to do so in college at the time or I wouldn't have done it. I managed to be valedictorian in HS and had full academic scholarship for my bachelors degree at OU and my masters at Stanford in technical disciplines. I don't partake now because I'm a grown-up, but I don't regret it either - just part of the process.

Having said that, I do think I would have refrained if I thought it might endanger my scholarship. And especially if I had the equivalent of "playing time" on the line or dissappointing teammates. But I can't say for sure as I'm an old fart now and that was a long time ago.

BoulderSooner79
12/4/2012, 05:08 PM
Since we haven't heard much since the incident....it would seem to me that this might not become a huge incident. Maybe even a No Comment from the Coaching Staff.

I figure the coaches are just waiting on the full story as the players just appeared in court yesterday. From a bowl game point of view, this is a big deal, IMO. No other WR is close to being the big play threat that Saunders has become. Hopefully, it won't be an impact on next season.

kevpks
12/4/2012, 05:20 PM
I figure the coaches are just waiting on the full story as the players just appeared in court yesterday. From a bowl game point of view, this is a big deal, IMO. No other WR is close to being the big play threat that Saunders has become. Hopefully, it won't be an impact on next season.

Solely for football reasons, I hope he is suspended...for the first quarter of the LA Monroe game next season.

In all seriousness, I trust the coaches on this. Stoops has always done the right thing regarding discipline in my book.

olevetonahill
12/4/2012, 05:20 PM

So yer sayin they doing an "Olevet"?
Sounds about right to me

StoopTroup
12/4/2012, 05:47 PM
No...he's saying they'll do a Bob Stoops.

Midtowner
12/4/2012, 06:00 PM
http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/GetCaseInformation.asp?submitted=true&viewtype=caseGeneral&casemasterID=2136378&db=Cleveland

olevetonahill
12/4/2012, 06:07 PM
http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/GetCaseInformation.asp?submitted=true&viewtype=caseGeneral&casemasterID=2136378&db=Cleveland

That just says what we all already know Matlock.. I'd like to see the Officers arrest report

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/4/2012, 06:44 PM
I used weed in high school and to a lesser extent, during my stay at OU. Why would I willingly violate the law? Because I was a teenager and didn't think that hard about it. I obviously didn't think it was idiotic to do so in college at the time or I wouldn't have done it. I managed to be valedictorian in HS and had full academic scholarship for my bachelors degree at OU and my masters at Stanford in technical disciplines. I don't partake now because I'm a grown-up, but I don't regret it either - just part of the process.

Having said that, I do think I would have refrained if I thought it might endanger my scholarship. And especially if I had the equivalent of "playing time" on the line or dissappointing teammates. But I can't say for sure as I'm an old fart now and that was a long time ago.

Yes, but had your scholarship been taken away because they randomly tested you would you feel slightly different? If Stanford had denied you admission because of it would you feel different?

BoulderSooner79
12/4/2012, 06:54 PM
Yes, but had your scholarship been taken away because they randomly tested you would you feel slightly different? If Stanford had denied you admission because of it would you feel different?

I already answered that in the 2nd paragraph.

BetterSoonerThanLater
12/4/2012, 07:10 PM

so you what yer sayin is, you never "fiddled" with the stuff?.

sorry, couldn't resist

StoopTroup
12/4/2012, 08:12 PM
I want to see the damn dashboard camera and have the arresting officer water boarded.

owenfieldreams
12/4/2012, 08:33 PM
Be prepared for a CB w/o Saunders. He was caught in the middle of a much more serious set of circumstances that have cost at least one player his scholly.

colleyvillesooner
12/4/2012, 08:41 PM
Care to elaborate or just a tease?

yukonsooner
12/4/2012, 08:45 PM
OSCN.net - Criminal misdemeanor

colleyvillesooner
12/4/2012, 08:47 PM
Care to elaborate or just a tease?
Nevermind, found the thread on land thieves where you tease even more and get a little defensive when someone calls it out for what it is.

You're just pissed that you are not in the know. That's a personal problem you'll simply have to deal with yourself.

That told me all I needed to know.

http://www.landthieves.com/board/showthread.php?46658-2-schollys-open-up-per-scout-board.

owenfieldreams
12/4/2012, 09:43 PM
As I said on Land Thieves, the idea that Powell and or Williams left because of a lack of playing time or being down on the depth chart is erroneous.

It's not my fault you don't have information I happened to be privy to.....you too seem to have a personal problem with not being in the know. It's not my job to keep you posted on the inner workings of the OU football program. When I post on any board, it's not for effect. I'll always say what I can and what I say is the straight skinny.

colleyvillesooner
12/4/2012, 09:46 PM
But you are not saying anything. You are
Just letting us know there is more to the story. In grade school we called this "nanny nanny boo boo."

8timechamps
12/4/2012, 10:09 PM
Be prepared for a CB w/o Saunders. He was caught in the middle of a much more serious set of circumstances that have cost at least one player his scholly.

Hearing rumblings. Team meeting tonight.

It's not Powell/Williams. As of an hour ago, OUAD confirmed they were still on the team. I'll update with what I find, as I find it.

badger
1/22/2013, 04:53 PM
Epilogue: Cortez took the blame, Jalen's misdemeanor charge got dropped.

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20130122_92_0_Oklaho670294)

VA Sooner
1/22/2013, 08:36 PM
Glad Saunders is cleared... ready for 2013.

MyT Oklahoma
1/22/2013, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the update.

Soonerwake
1/22/2013, 11:36 PM
There were sure a good number of us ready to write him off...

olevetonahill
1/22/2013, 11:38 PM

Heh, I got ridiculed fer saying Lets just wait and see what really happened . Seems That Pill dude who I have on Iggy was the most vocal about my stance

hawaii 5-0
1/22/2013, 11:38 PM
Thanks for the update.

I figured when he played in the Bowl Game the unpleasantness had been settled with Bob.

5-0

Seamus
1/23/2013, 12:06 AM

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5002/5208221463_b3b43155ec_m.jpg

It's so much easier to kneejerk-off than to wait for facts to magically appear.

picasso
1/23/2013, 03:31 AM
What also floats on water?

Seamus
1/23/2013, 04:13 AM
Wood? Tiny rocks?

A duck.

olevetonahill
1/23/2013, 07:30 AM

I can make a Needle float.

Fraggle145
1/23/2013, 10:37 AM
So were they just walking around with it in their pockets? Were they smoking it out on campus corner? Was it in a car and they got pulled over making both guilty regardless? Is there any info about the circumstances? Hell for all we know it was one of 'em or the other with the weed and the other is just guilty by association. I'm with Vet I want more facts. Regardless they'll get suspended and should for making a bad choice. But I dont think this is something to burn them at the stake over. Hell, Dvoracek put someone in intensive care and was able to earn his way back.

Looks like Vet had it right...

Fraggle145
1/23/2013, 10:38 AM

Lead! Lead!

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/how-stuff-works/images/lead.jpg