PDA

View Full Version : New Road Warrior Report on TCU is up . . .

Phil
12/2/2012, 12:22 AM
on the front page. Enjoy.

http://www.soonerfans.com/content.php?71-The-Road-Warrior-Report-December-1-2012-TCU-Review

FirstandGoal
12/2/2012, 09:31 AM
Very entertaining!

King Crimson
12/2/2012, 07:52 PM
i've always heard good things about Amon Carter. never been there myself. i'm a fan of the smaller stadiums that retain the original designs.

HToady
12/3/2012, 01:40 PM
For those that went, how was your gameday experience.

The thing I could never understand is how size equates to a better experience (I am talking about football games here....). Conference allots so many away game seats and it's the same whether the stadium holds 45K or 90K.

Did anybody NOT get to go because there were no tickets?

8timechamps
12/3/2012, 06:26 PM
Phil, IIRC you had been to Amon Carter in the past. How are the new digs? Looks nice, but still small.

BajaOklahoma
12/3/2012, 11:37 PM
My husband and kids sat in the purple seats, around the 30. He was very impressed with the leg room - no shifting/standing to let someone go by.
Couldn't believe how late the frog fans arrived - the end of the 1st quarter. And quiet. It was ..... strange.

IslandSooner
12/4/2012, 09:38 AM
Thanks, good read again!

HToady
12/4/2012, 10:49 AM
Couldn't believe how late the frog fans arrived - the end of the 1st quarter. And quiet. It was ..... strange.

First off 11:00 start was part of the problem, but there is a long standing issue with the tailgate lots not opening early enough. I'm not sure what was going on in the student section, but it looked like the seat nazis were only letting people in one at a time.

PrideMom
12/4/2012, 11:05 AM
First off 11:00 start was part of the problem, but there is a long standing issue with the tailgate lots not opening early enough. I'm not sure what was going on in the student section, but it looked like the seat nazis were only letting people in one at a time.

If they have problems with only 45,000, they should try it with 85,000! Obviously TCU is not ready for the Big Dogs. I know that they beat Texas, but then, this year almost everybody did.

instigator
12/4/2012, 02:35 PM
For those that went, how was your gameday experience.

The thing I could never understand is how size equates to a better experience (I am talking about football games here....). Conference allots so many away game seats and it's the same whether the stadium holds 45K or 90K.

Did anybody NOT get to go because there were no tickets?

I went without tickets and bought some outside the stadium. I really enjoyed the stadium. It is a great size and there is way more leg room than our stadium. You can tell that they didn't cram as many seats as they could in there just to raise the capacity. I can't tell you how great it was to not have someones knees in my back the entire game.

Your fans were all very nice and it was a very nice trip. I'll be coming back every chance I get.

Phil
12/4/2012, 02:59 PM
Phil, IIRC you had been to Amon Carter in the past. How are the new digs? Looks nice, but still small.

Yeah, nice but small. Honestly, it was 14 years ago the last time I was there, so I don't really remember much about how it was then, other than that the old press box side was way tall. The new one is, too - that's where I sat.