PDA

View Full Version : Historical conference championship oddity

oklaclarinet
12/1/2012, 11:50 PM
Ok, so I was looking up information on how many times we shared the conference title, and I noticed that OU claims two SWC championships, one outright in 1915 and a shared one in 1918 with Texas. OU finished 2-0 in conference and Texas finished 4-0 in conference. Officially, the SWC never recognized a champion that year. The OU website does not differentiate shared conference titles. The Texas website does list shared titles as co-titles, but they claim the 1918 title outright. Not really trying to make a point here, just pointing this out.

MyT Oklahoma
12/1/2012, 11:54 PM
Did they include an *?

Mazeppa
12/1/2012, 11:55 PM
Ok, so I was looking up information on how many times we shared the conference title, and I noticed that OU claims two SWC championships, one outright in 1915 and a shared one in 1918 with Texas. OU finished 2-0 in conference and Texas finished 4-0 in conference. Officially, the SWC never recognized a champion that year. The OU website does not differentiate shared conference titles. The Texas website does list shared titles as co-titles, but they claim the 1918 title outright. Not really trying to make a point here, just pointing this out.

By "just pointing this out" you WERE making a point.

oklaclarinet
12/2/2012, 12:10 AM
By "just pointing this out" you WERE making a point.

Au contraire. I am just raising facts that already independently exist. I am neither creating new facts nor forming an opinion. Therefore, I am not "making a point" as I am providing nothing new. I am solely recognizing other points to allow others to come to their own conclusions.

Mazeppa
12/2/2012, 12:26 AM
Au contraire. I am just raising facts that already independently exist. I am neither creating new facts nor forming an opinion. Therefore, I am not "making a point" as I am providing nothing new. I am solely recognizing other points to allow others to come to their own conclusions.

Are you a politician? Because you are saying a lot without saying anything

StoopTroup
12/2/2012, 12:33 AM
I bet he gets lunch at the White House next week.

Mazeppa
12/2/2012, 12:34 AM
I bet he gets lunch at the White House next week.

Are you sure it's still white?

picasso
12/2/2012, 12:59 AM
I can recall several seasons when we've won the Texas state title.