PDA

View Full Version : So we want KSU to win, right?

MI Sooner
12/1/2012, 09:28 PM
Upside of Texas win is that we're outright conference champs.

Upsides of KSU win:

We avoid Oregon, who might score 100 on us
Texas loses
Big 12 gets two BCS teams, which probably means around a million extra dollars for us, right?

Unless the Fiesta and Sugar switch, I think that a KSU loss means we'll end up playing Oregon, who is a worse matchup for us than Florida, in my opinion. Also, I suspect that when we get the Fiesta berth, the Sugar might take Clemson instead of KSU (they took VT over us and KSU last year). Honestly, I still might prefer to play in the Cotton Bowl against LSU if KSU wins and either Boise or Northern Illinois somehow makes the top 16.

Jmorales22
12/1/2012, 09:30 PM
No

agoo758
12/1/2012, 09:31 PM
Yeah, I don't want to "avoid" anyone. We arn't ****ing Sacremento State. We are the University of Oklahoma, and if nothing else it would be good to see how we stand against a team like Oregon or anyone else who we "dont match up with well."

This is now the second poster i've seen talking about not wanting to play certain opponents, and I'm getting fed up with it.

rock on sooner
12/1/2012, 09:32 PM
Upside of Texas win is that we're outright conference champs.

Upsides of KSU win:

Texas loses
Big 12 gets two BCS teams, which probably means around a million extra dollars for us, right?

Unless the Fiesta and Sugar switch, I think that a KSU loss means we'll end up playing Oregon, who is a worse matchup for us than Florida, in my opinion. Also, I suspect that when we get the Fiesta berth, the Sugar might take Clemson instead of KSU (they took VT over us and KSU last year). Honestly, I still might prefer to play in the Cotton Bowl against LSU if KSU wins and either Boise or Northern Illinois somehow makes the top 16.

Nah, lets play whoever, where ever, we're Oklahoma, dammit!

MI Sooner
12/1/2012, 09:35 PM
Nah, lets play whoever, where ever, we're Oklahoma, dammit!

That's an admirable attitude, but it's not like Florida is Connecticut. Florida has a much, much better resume than Oregon. I might be wrong about us matching up better with Florida than Oregon, but when two teams are of equal stature, and we stand a better chance of beating one than the other, I'd rather play the team I think we stand a better chance of beating.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
12/1/2012, 09:36 PM
KSU!

Whorns suck!

rock on sooner
12/1/2012, 09:39 PM
That's an admirable attitude, but it's not like Florida is Connecticut. Florida has a much, much better resume than Oregon. I might be wrong about us matching up better with Florida than Oregon, but when two teams are of equal stature, and we stand a better chance of beating one than the other, I'd rather play the team I think we stand a better chance of beating.

Let me repeat myself, anybody, anywhere, WE ARE OKLAHOMA, DAMMIT!

goingoneight
12/1/2012, 09:41 PM
I don't care if Kent State is the best team in the country. I don't like this gimme shat in a bowl game. The post season tells you a lot about where you're at. What did we learn about playing hapless UCONN and Iowa in our last two bowl games other than how bad those teams were.

MI Sooner
12/1/2012, 09:42 PM
****, I just thought of something even worse than Clemson getting the Sugar Bowl bid over KSU... Texas gets the Sugar Bowl bid over KSU. **** Texas, go KSU.

BoulderSooner79
12/1/2012, 09:43 PM
We'll be underdogs against the Ducks or the Gators.

MI Sooner
12/1/2012, 09:45 PM

I agree. My guesses of the lines are:

Oregon -5
Florida -2.5

rock on sooner
12/1/2012, 09:48 PM

So?

MI Sooner
12/1/2012, 09:57 PM
Actually, I think Florida would be more like a 1.5 to 2 point favorite. I'm pretty confident Oregon would be a bigger favorite, though. I don't get the whole "anywhere, anytime" mentality. It's not like I want to turn down a bowl bid because I'm afraid we'll win. We're going to play in one of three bowls. I want what's best for Oklahoma, and the benefit of winning a Sugar Bowl against Florida is at least as big as the beating Oregon in the Fiesta Bowl, and I think we stand a better chance of the former than the latter.

dennis580
12/1/2012, 09:57 PM
Um no no no. We want Texas to win. Not only outtright champs which is a big deal, but we may not get a BCS bowl because Nothern Illnois might slip into the top 16. Nebraska getting blown out is a bad thing that could also help Nothern Illnois get in the top 16.

Soonermagik
12/1/2012, 10:04 PM

Lines mean squat. OU was favored big against k-state and ND....

agoo758
12/1/2012, 10:05 PM
I hate this thread with a passion. If I was a mod, I would ban OP for his absurdity.

goingoneight
12/1/2012, 10:08 PM
I am personally sick of hearing the phrase "Tebow jump pass"

goingoneight
12/1/2012, 10:10 PM
I don't understand why people are being such aggy little bitches about it. C'mon Texas! Give us an outright CC! :D

StoopTroup
12/1/2012, 10:13 PM
Same here 8.

A Conference Championship is what Teams play for...whether by default or outright winning it. Anyone thinking about what might happen to some other Team and isn't thinking about OU being Conference Champs is just over thinking this situation.

mdklatt
12/1/2012, 10:15 PM

Very aggy.

Texas loses

Never a bad thing.

Eh. This sounds vaguely SECSECSEC.

oudivesherpa
12/1/2012, 10:37 PM
I'm just tired of Phoenix, let's eat sum gumbo.

StoopTroup
12/1/2012, 10:39 PM
I'm just tired of Phoenix, let's eat sum gumbo.

Go to New Orleans and watch the game from there.

That's like saying....I'm getting tired of the Orange Bowl back in the 70's and 80's. You would have gotten tarred and feathered thinking like that.

TahoeSOONER
12/1/2012, 10:43 PM
Not wanting the whole enchilada conference title is crazy stupid.

I'd rather go to the Sugar though and play the sec

SoonerPride
12/1/2012, 10:45 PM
I want everyone to beat texasss always

SanJoaquinSooner
12/1/2012, 10:46 PM
Outright championship would be great, but watching Texas lose always warms my heart.

jdd12
12/1/2012, 10:51 PM
My head says texas...my heart just wont do it.

Earlier I got exicted by the jump pass play and my son says "he just did a tim tebow"

Wtf...

WA. Sooner
12/1/2012, 11:06 PM
YES!
Texass needs to loose
We should not post co champs either

StoopTroup
12/1/2012, 11:13 PM
YES!
Texass needs to loose
We should not post co champs either

We don't have that option. The Big XII is doing it. Maybe the idea that we shouldn't post it on the Stadium might fly but as far as the Big XII Record book....it will stand as us being Co-Champs.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/1/2012, 11:14 PM
Yeah, I don't want to "avoid" anyone. We arn't ****ing Sacremento State. We are the University of Oklahoma, and if nothing else it would be good to see how we stand against a team like Oregon or anyone else who we "dont match up with well."

This is now the second poster i've seen talking about not wanting to play certain opponents, and I'm getting fed up with it.There are several teams I don't think we have a good chance to beat this year. We need more high quality linemen, and at least a slight threat to take off running from the OU QB.

agoo758
12/1/2012, 11:17 PM
There are several teams I don't think we have a good chance to beat this year. We need more high quality linemen, and at least a slight threat to take off running from the OU QB.

What does that have to do with not wanting to play them? Frankly, if there are some teams that will come in and beat us by 50 (which i dont believe), at least it will be a wake up call for everyone.

12/1/2012, 11:20 PM
COLIN KLEIN FOR HEISMAN!!!

we don't need no praying manti teos

12/1/2012, 11:22 PM
What does that have to do with not wanting to play them? Frankly, if there are some teams that will come in and beat us by 50 (which i dont believe), at least it will be a wake up call for everyone.Yeah, that wake up call would do wonders for our recruiting, like TGTWDND, WVA - OU Fiesta Bowl 2008, and lOSUR VS OU IN 2011.

12/1/2012, 11:25 PM
My head says texas...my heart just wont do it.

CORRECT ANSWER!!

12/1/2012, 11:26 PM
I want everyone to beat texasss alwaysexcept orange aggy, and any team whose victory over tx would prompt a cow coaching change.

jdd12
12/1/2012, 11:29 PM
Lol...Coach Snyder joking with Holly Rowe in the post game interview

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/2/2012, 12:13 AM
I am personally sick of hearing the phrase "Tebow jump pass"

Yet somehow I never get tired of hearing the phrase "Texas jump up and bite my ***."

agoo758
12/2/2012, 02:23 AM
Yeah, that wake up call would do wonders for our recruiting, like TGTWDND, WVA - OU Fiesta Bowl 2008, and lOSUR VS OU IN 2011.

It's foolish of you to assume that we are a lock to get crushed. I've been critical of this team all year long, but the last few games have convinced me that we are not as bad as most people think.

Second of all, you guys sound like the UL Lafayette fans in my home who don't want to play anyone "good" because "they will get destroyed". Is that really what we've become? Are we now forced to adopt the mindset of a historically bad Sun Belt team? Why? Worried about recruiting? Oklahoma is NEVER going to have trouble getting top recruits. I would LOVE to play Oregon, Florida, Georgia, alabama, hell, bring on Notre Dame again!

The scared attitude that some people on this board have developed is shameful.

BoulderSooner79
12/2/2012, 02:25 AM

So?

So it doesn't matter that KSU won, we'll have our hands full with UF.

agoo758
12/2/2012, 02:28 AM
So it doesn't matter that KSU won, we'll have our hands full with UF.

Florida can't move the ball. We probably match up better with them then any other team in the top ten.

BoulderSooner79
12/2/2012, 02:37 AM

Florida can't move the ball. We probably match up better with them then any other team in the top ten.

Could be. They do have a power running game that will be tough on us - but mostly their defense will force us to fight for every point. It will be interesting so see what M. Stoops can come up with given 4 weeks to prepare. The matchup couldn't be more different than a typical big12 game. Of course, I'm assuming no big surprises tomorrow during bowl selection.