PDA

View Full Version : Chief's player

Soonerjeepman
12/1/2012, 04:41 PM
very sad for all involved BUT I pray to God they DO NOT do anything for Belcher, he MURDERED his GF and left their 3 month old parent less. VERY gutless, ya want to commit suicide have at it. I'm sure he felt backed into a corner but his own fault.

Maybe I'm a callous SOB but that is what it is.

soonergirlNeugene
12/1/2012, 04:45 PM
Horrible. I hope the Chiefs can set some of his $ aside for his daughter.

MsProudSooner
12/1/2012, 04:49 PM
Horrible. I hope the Chiefs can set some of his $ aside for his daughter.

Especially since any life insurance he might have had might be null and void due to the suicide.

Turd_Ferguson
12/1/2012, 04:49 PM
Horrible. I hope the Chiefs can set ALL of his $ aside for his daughter.Agree.

Soonerjeepman
12/1/2012, 04:54 PM
agreed on that, his daughter deserves it all. Needs to be set up in a trust fund, so SHE gets it eventually.

StoopTroup
12/1/2012, 05:03 PM
Pretty Awful. Prayers for those that are hurting from all of this.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/1/2012, 05:09 PM
People who knew Belcher well are shocked: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/chiefs/2012/12/01/jovan-belcher-kansas-city-chiefs-maine-teammates/1739325/

I suspect there's a lot more of this story to be told. I don't mean that in any way to condone murder.

Very strange.

Soonerjeepman
12/1/2012, 05:23 PM
no offense, but I don't give a crap what the reason was UNLESS self defense.

My point was I'm sure the Chief's organization will have a "moment" tomorrow and then all kinds of bs, which I don't agree with.

Very tragic for his family I understand, but it was a gutless coward thing to do.

** no I didn't read your link, ok read it, sounds like a good guy, doesn't excuse what he did. I don't want him to made out to be a "hero that sacrificed" because he's a pro player. heartless maybe but that is how I feel here in KC.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/1/2012, 06:11 PM
no offense, but I don't give a crap what the reason was UNLESS self defense.

My point was I'm sure the Chief's organization will have a "moment" tomorrow and then all kinds of bs, which I don't agree with.

Very tragic for his family I understand, but it was a gutless coward thing to do.

** no I didn't read your link, ok read it, sounds like a good guy, doesn't excuse what he did. I don't want him to made out to be a "hero that sacrificed" because he's a pro player. heartless maybe but that is how I feel here in KC.

Is this directed at me?
If not, never mind.
If so, I wasn't trying to excuse his behavior. All I was saying is we don't have all the facts yet. What if it was indeed self-defense? I'm not saying it was, but we just don't know. New moms affected with post-partum hormonal issues can do crazy things.
So if the Chiefs request a moment of silence or prayers tomorrow for everyone affected by the tragedy, without painting him as a hero just because he's a pro player (aside: I personally don't think playing any professional sport = being a hero), I don't think that would be such a bad thing. I think in fact it would be beneficial and cathartic for many.
I don't know what point I am even trying to make here except I agree that he shouldn't be made out as a hero at the game tomorrow but I'm also not willing to pass judgment on him as a gutless coward until all the facts are out.

Soonerjeepman
12/1/2012, 06:13 PM
Ok, news up here reporting...

22 yr old GF, cousin, sister or some relative of Jamal Charles's wife. Just moved up.

Supposedly went to concert last night, got home late, couple started arguing.

Here is MY point, the news cast said "a 22 yr old GF of JB LOST HER LIFE this morning..." ummm, no she didn't "loose it" JB TOOK it.

Breadburner
12/1/2012, 06:13 PM
Lol@self-defense....!!

FirstandGoal
12/1/2012, 06:18 PM
At this point in time, there's not very much info to go on but I don't see anything wrong with a moment of silence to remind people that nobody knows how many days they have left and to live every day as if it could be your last.
I don't think that having a moment of silence= condoning any of his actions.

Soonerjeepman
12/1/2012, 06:19 PM
sorry...SDSG...yes and no, I know you weren't making an excuse, figured most normal people won't. I totally understand that everyone's family is hurting, sounds like JB lost it, killed her out of jealousy rage and then realized what he had done and knew he was in deep ****.

He ran the "security guard gate" this mornin...so they knew something was up.

The mayor said this thing "murder/suicide" happens everyday in the city, it's only big because he was a pro athlete. He wasn't being callous, said it was a horrible tragedy but he was just honest.

Soonerjeepman
12/1/2012, 06:19 PM
Lol@self-defense....!!

if she had a gun as well...figured most people can see that.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/1/2012, 06:36 PM
Ok, news up here reporting...

22 yr old GF, cousin, sister or some relative of Jamal Charles's wife. Just moved up.

Supposedly went to concert last night, got home late, couple started arguing.

Here is MY point, the news cast said "a 22 yr old GF of JB LOST HER LIFE this morning..." ummm, no she didn't "loose it" JB TOOK it.

Thanks for the local news update. Those are always more up-to-date than the innerwebs stuff I've been reading.

I'm not following though--who is Jamal Charles? And what does his wife and her relative have to do with it?

That's funny you say that about "lost her life." I agree with you--but that phrase sounds stupid to me no matter what the circumstances. No one loses their life like, just as an example, they lose a pair of sunglasses. The phrase projects a connotation, however slight, of the dead person being at least partly to blame, when that's almost never the case.

swardboy
12/1/2012, 07:57 PM
Jamal Charles is the starting running back for the Chiefs. He played college at UT.

prrriiide
12/1/2012, 08:14 PM
According to ESPN, Gary Gibbs was one of the coaches outside the practice facility talking to him when he offed himself.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8697360/kansas-city-chiefs-jovan-belcher-kills-girlfriend-commits-suicide-police-say

FirstandGoal
12/1/2012, 09:27 PM
According to ESPN, Gary Gibbs was one of the coaches outside the practice facility talking to him when he offed himself.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8697360/kansas-city-chiefs-jovan-belcher-kills-girlfriend-commits-suicide-police-say

Damn.

agoo758
12/1/2012, 09:39 PM
Belcher is a piece of ****. Plain and simple. I will be furious if they put his number on their helmets or something to that effect, but I would be supirsed if they did.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/1/2012, 09:45 PM
I did a google news search for Jamaal Charles and nothing came up regarding these events. Can someone local fill me in, please?

nighttrain12
12/1/2012, 11:24 PM

The NFL game in KC will go ahead on Sunday as planned.

badger
12/1/2012, 11:44 PM
my guess is they have a moment of silence, but not say that it is for the player, but rather, the girlfriend

MyT Oklahoma
12/1/2012, 11:53 PM
I did a google news search for Jamaal Charles and nothing came up regarding these events. Can someone local fill me in, please?

He is a starting running back for Kansas City and he played for UT.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/2/2012, 12:10 AM
He is a starting running back for Kansas City and he played for UT.

I know that now, but an earlier post indicated that he and/or his girlfriend was involved somehow in the events leading up to the shootings. I couldn't find anything about that on the innerwebs.

C&CDean
12/2/2012, 10:20 AM
And now a couple of the boneheads on ESPN are blaming it on "guns."

"Perhaps we can make guns less available in the future due to this tragic event." Blow me you ignorant *******s. A selfish POS killed his baby mama and then his worthless self. The gun was innocent.

yermom
12/2/2012, 10:47 AM
i wonder if he was concussed

Soonerjeepman
12/2/2012, 12:38 PM
I know that now, but an earlier post indicated that he and/or his girlfriend was involved somehow in the events leading up to the shootings. I couldn't find anything about that on the innerwebs.

no, his wife is cousins with the GF Belcher killed, that is how the two met.

Soonerjeepman
12/2/2012, 12:42 PM

"Perhaps we can make guns less available in the future due to this tragic event." Blow me you ignorant *******s. A selfish POS killed his baby mama and then his worthless self. The gun was innocent.

yup...

there is actually a wave of people that are a little pissed that all the "talk" is about him and NOT the fact he KILLED his baby's mother. So now there is a wave of "because he was your "brother" doesn't accept or show acceptance of what happened".

That was the intent of my original post. Again was to lose sight of what he did, murder.

radio
12/2/2012, 10:09 PM

Just saw Bob Costas read the teleprompter saying the same at halftime of SNF.

SCOUT
12/2/2012, 10:16 PM
Just saw Bob Costas read the teleprompter saying the same at halftime of MNF.

I saw that too. I love Bob Costas, but he should stick to sports.

picasso
12/2/2012, 10:33 PM
Costas is good but he's also an elitist.

radio
12/2/2012, 10:42 PM
He has no soul. Politicizing this is just wrong.

Soonerjeepman
12/4/2012, 01:24 PM
Belcher had history or abusive relationships, was at another women's place drunk night before and stayed there. Shot her 9 times.

Doesn't sound like the "nicest guy" everyone was saying. Still a tragedy, but that is the update.