PDA

View Full Version : Another one is in the books.

nutinbutdust
12/1/2012, 04:08 PM
Wow how did the regular season end so quickly? Thank You! To all the Seniors for the memories both good and bad. Good luck to you in all your future endeavors, but please show up one more time and win the bowl game.

StoopTroup
12/1/2012, 04:13 PM
Yep....Great year. Lots of ups and downs and sitting on the edge of our seats but to be there at the end competing for a share of the Big XII Championship....pretty awesome. Now if the whorns can beat the mildkats....our guys will really have something to play for when we go bowling.

Congrats to all the Seniors and the guys that lifted our Team up after the two devastating losses.

SoonerNomad
12/1/2012, 04:18 PM
It's always sad when it ends. I build my week and weekends around the schedule and the games. Kind of a strange season. Don't know whether to be happy or sad. Chance to win against two of the best teams in the country in the fourth quarter at home and didn't get the job done, but showed some moxie and won a couple of incredible ones down the stretch. I guess you are what your record says you are. Somebody said that.

MyT Oklahoma
12/1/2012, 04:18 PM
Congratulations to our seniors and thanks for the memories.

SanJoaquinSooner
12/1/2012, 05:01 PM
Best memory: Pounding Texas

Biggest Disappointment: Not being more competitive against Notre Dame (the year they play us in Norman is the year they happen to be very good).

FirstandGoal
12/1/2012, 05:02 PM
Verry bittersweet. I'm sad that this is Landry's last regular season game as a Sooner, but glad the reg season is over so we can get to bowl games. I'm also happy we escaped the last bit of our schedule and won out.

redkid
12/1/2012, 05:09 PM
question,,so we are secured a share of the conf crown if k-st wins and outright if they lose,,if so should stoops and co accept a share?I know switzer did when it was the big 8.

BoulderSooner79
12/1/2012, 05:11 PM
question,,so we are secured a share of the conf crown if k-st wins and outright if they lose,,if so should stoops and co accept a share?I know switzer did when it was the big 8.

Of course, it's the conference rules. They just put it in the books, no acceptance required.

StoopTroup
12/1/2012, 05:16 PM
Of course, it's the conference rules. They just put it in the books, no acceptance required.

Yep....A Trophy goes with all of the others in the Switzer Center.

redkid
12/1/2012, 05:19 PM

Cool,,Isn't that 2 cc for Laundry or the first?

goingoneight
12/1/2012, 05:25 PM
Cool,,Isn't that 2 cc for Laundry or the first?

Umm... two? Have we already forgotten one of his finest performances against NU?

nutinbutdust
12/1/2012, 05:28 PM
Verry bittersweet.

Agreed seemed like KSU and Notre Lame were almost in reach. I watched the K-State game from a hospital(had my knee replaced). Never want to do that again, blame it for the bad luck in that one. I honestly did not think we could win out after ND. But here are the Sooners with at least a share of the conf title.

redkid
12/1/2012, 05:36 PM
Umm... two? Have we already forgotten one of his finest performances against NU?

I kick myself how could I have forgotten that one,,thx for the memories

BoulderSooner79
12/1/2012, 06:04 PM
Agreed seemed like KSU and Notre Lame were almost in reach. I watched the K-State game from a hospital(had my knee replaced). Never want to do that again, blame it for the bad luck in that one. I honestly did not think we could win out after ND. But here are the Sooners with at least a share of the conf title.

The ND game was the key as far as BCS title goes. If we won that one we would probably be in. But that game showed we were not at that level and the games since then have also emphasized that fact. I think the coaches did a good job of utilizing the talent we have, but we just don't have the talent to compete at the very top. 10-2 with at least a share of the conference is an excellent result, IMO.

agoo758
12/1/2012, 06:09 PM
While disspapointed that we have to wait another year to end our NC drought, it was great to see our team get better as the season went out. Remember when everyone here thought we might easily lose 4 or 5 games at a point? Truth be told, I felt the same way, but we continued to improve and got some good wins, and the upcoming playoff system is gonna allow teams to get better as the seaon goes on.

BoulderSooner79
12/1/2012, 06:14 PM
While disspapointed that we have to wait another year to end our NC drought, it was great to see our team get better as the season went out. Remember when everyone here thought we might easily lose 4 or 5 games at a point? Truth be told, I felt the same way, but we continued to improve and got some good wins, and the upcoming playoff system is gonna allow teams to get better as the seaon goes on.

Agreed. If that UTEP game had been a true indicator of this squad, we would have been lucky to have a winning season. Turns out, that was our worst game by far. Constant improvement combined with the ability to hang in there in close games made this a satisfying season for this fan.

panhandlesooner
12/1/2012, 06:19 PM
the older I get the faster the seasons pass!! Boomer Sooner!

mdklatt
12/1/2012, 06:25 PM
Boy was I was wrong about this season. I figured the rest of the conference would just lay down and let WVU dominate this year, especially after seeing the overall suckage in the first couple of weeks. Even the rebuilding teams like OK LAST and Baylor had decent seasons. KSU was a total surprise. I've always had a soft spot for Wheat Aggy and the Purple Wizard, so I'm disappointed that he won't get his MNC shot. Paul Rhodes flat out knows how to coach. Gary Patterson worked miracles with a troubled team. Who knew Lassie Aggy was going to kick some SEC *** as essentially a Big 12 team?

redkid
12/1/2012, 06:25 PM
I agree great yr,,hope we get the gaters in the bowl game,,not too excited about facing the quacks and their running game.

mdklatt
12/1/2012, 06:27 PM
Agreed. If that UTEP game had been a true indicator of this squad, we would have been lucky to have a winning season. Turns out, that was our worst game by far. Constant improvement combined with the ability to hang in there in close games made this a satisfying season for this fan.

I always put too much weight on our sloppy play early in the season, and yet Stoops and Co. manage to pull it out in the end once again.

stoopified
12/1/2012, 08:04 PM
it is great to be a Sooner.

baja okla
12/2/2012, 12:11 AM
it is great to be a Sooner.

Amen brother.

BajaOklahoma
12/2/2012, 08:37 AM
I'm just getting too old for the last minute wins that I loved so much with Switzer's teams.
It looks like I need my own AED.

JLEW1818
12/2/2012, 09:56 AM
That season flew by.

Flagstaffsooner
12/2/2012, 10:38 AM
That season flew by.

and it will be eons until next September.:miserable: