PDA

View Full Version : how many points has Landry allowed this year

JLEW1818
12/1/2012, 01:11 PM
:)?

At least 40 points of fail.

goingoneight
12/1/2012, 01:14 PM
He's also pretty much the only reason we have an offense sans the Texas game where we got the novel idea to run the ball effectively. Live and die by the sword.

That was a better play by Carter than it was a bad play by LJ, too.

JLEW1818
12/1/2012, 01:15 PM
Did he not see the guy wearing all black ?

85Sooner
12/1/2012, 01:17 PM
He's a good guy and a good QB.....NOT a great one. Thanks for the 5 years but its time for him to move on. Good Luck Landry where ever you go.

tooslow
12/1/2012, 01:28 PM
I know one thing. Not too many QBs could've managed that last drive. The mistakes may be a product of the way over average number of passing attempts.

Petro-Sooner
12/1/2012, 01:32 PM
Landry is the greatest ever

StoopTroup
12/1/2012, 01:33 PM
LANDRY = MONEY

SoonerStormchaser
12/1/2012, 01:37 PM
Landry's decision-making is mystifying when he does boneheaded plays like that. That's what cost us the K-State game.
HOWEVER...the next drive definitely showed his maturity. I was impressed.

Widescreen
12/1/2012, 01:41 PM
Complaining about Landry is so 6 weeks ago. He's been playing great lately so give him a break.

StoopTroup
12/1/2012, 01:44 PM
Complaining about Landry is so 6 weeks ago. He's been playing great lately so it's time to give him his due.

FIFY

A break is OK too but like Bob said....it's time for folks to STFU about him.

smooth3d
12/1/2012, 01:44 PM
Landry haters pls let it go. He is great quarterback that ANY team would want. We are so effing spoiled.

PLaw
12/1/2012, 01:46 PM

Jeesh, can we just quit it? This so tired.

Bummer

jk the sooner fan
12/1/2012, 01:48 PM
so typical for the football idiots, landry haters to come out and show themselves after a mistake

predictable

StoopTroup
12/1/2012, 01:50 PM
Mike Stoops has the Defense really playing well considering what we have seen the last few games.

OU_Sooners75
12/1/2012, 02:05 PM
Fumble for a TD vs KSU.

A pick 6 today vs TCU.

What else has LJ done that has resulted in a direct defensive score for the opposition this year?

tooslow
12/1/2012, 02:09 PM
Mike Stoops has the Defense really playing well considering what we have seen the last few games.

Spoken too soon...... :(

jk the sooner fan
12/1/2012, 02:10 PM
where's the thread? "how many blown coverage/long scoring play" has our defense given up

Wishboned
12/1/2012, 02:15 PM
Fumble for a TD vs KSU.

A pick 6 today vs TCU.

What else has LJ done that has resulted in a direct defensive score for the opposition this year?

Today wasn't a pick six.

tooslow
12/1/2012, 02:28 PM
Fumble for a TD vs KSU.

A pick 6 today vs TCU.

Today wasn't a pick six.

Whew! That last throw should've been. Damn Landry!!

StoopTroup
12/1/2012, 02:59 PM
Spoken too soon...... :(

And another 3pts given up from 47 yards out.

bluedogok
12/1/2012, 03:08 PM
Lucky for you you only have one more game of his to put up with :rolleyes:

picasso
12/1/2012, 03:26 PM
Complaining about Landry is so 6 weeks ago. He's been playing great lately so give him a break.

We would be dead in the water without him the way the defense has played of late.

MyT Oklahoma
12/1/2012, 03:32 PM
LJ has won more games as an OU quaterback and thrown for more yards and TD's than any of us. He has had his good and bad moments as do all of us in whatever it is that we do in life.

He has been fun to watch at times and an enigma at others. But he is a Sooner and a good man with a good heart.

Okie35
12/1/2012, 03:32 PM
Doesn't matter. You should've said it the previous years. He's actually had his best year this year statistically besides TD passes (due to Blake). His INTS are down, his percentage is up and passer rating is up. He's actually won games for us the past two weeks too when the game was on his shoulders and when there was absolutely NO balance (because we couldn't run the ball). Hell he threw 71 times against Ok State. In the past we would lose games when he threw a lot. Landry has had a good career at OU and if he can go 4-0 in bowl games congrats to him.

2k2 c5
12/1/2012, 03:40 PM
Are we inventing new stats to track?

OkieThunderLion
12/1/2012, 03:41 PM
Jason White threw twice as many pick-6s as Landry, in half as many attempts.

Just thought I'd mention that.

OkieThunderLion
12/1/2012, 03:43 PM
Josh Heupel threw 16 INTs in 2000 (Landry has 10), in much fewer attempts.

Add that in as well.

Jmorales22
12/1/2012, 03:44 PM
Fumble for a TD vs KSU.

A pick 6 today vs TCU.

He also threw a pick 6 vs Texas.

Overall he's a good quarterback. He'll make several good to great plays in a row, then an inexplicably bad one.

baja okla
12/1/2012, 03:45 PM
I Appreciate Landry and his great play the last few weeks. Good year for him.

Haters need to give it a rest.

picasso
12/1/2012, 03:45 PM

Overall he's a good quarterback. He'll make several good to great plays in a row, then an inexplicably bad one.
Most QB's do that under pressure. He wasn't our best QB we've had but this dogging him is getting old.
He's the best we have right now.

Okie35
12/1/2012, 03:47 PM

Then usually shrugs it off and makes good to great plays again. Landry is resilient.

EatLeadCommie
12/1/2012, 03:51 PM
I think the problem with LJ is that his interceptions aren't tipped balls or slight overthrows. They are almost all just mind bogglingly bad or dumb throws. He usually has 2 per game, one of which he gets away with (like he did today). And then he will turn around and throw a great ball the next play. Very frustrating to watch. Overall, he was not sharp today.

Okie35
12/1/2012, 04:00 PM
I think the problem with LJ is that his interceptions aren't tipped balls or slight overthrows. They are almost all just mind bogglingly bad or dumb throws. He usually has 2 per game, one of which he gets away with (like he did today). And then he will turn around and throw a great ball the next play. Very frustrating to watch. Overall, he was not sharp today.

Most are from plays that are already set in his head (or designed timing routes). The interception today and the Texas game were timing comeback routes that were jumped. Today he knew he was going to throw to Justin Brown before the play started and didn't think the player would jump the comeback route. Plays like those are hard to read. Now the over throws I can't defend those.

SoonerNomad
12/1/2012, 04:25 PM
He didn't throw the ball great today, but he hung in there and made some significant plays that helped secure the win. The drive before the half (immediately after the mind boggling INT) was a thing of beauty. That's the third week in a row he has led a last minute of the first half TD drive that was crucial in helping the Sooners win. I would take another 5 years of Landry Jones.

Breadburner
12/1/2012, 04:33 PM
Wind was a killer today....

Soonerjeepman
12/1/2012, 04:33 PM
as a couch qb and coach, I can say, yes LJ does make some mistakes, that I, sitting in my living room WOULD NOT MAKE!

LOL, yes, some times I scratch my head, but damn guys...THEY WON!!!! lol. Try being a Chief's fan...our qb DOES suck and he gets paid MILLIONS...

Soonerjeepman
12/1/2012, 04:34 PM
Wind was a killer today....

that FG was frickin crazy...thought, no...then YES...then oh ****...lol.

Can't imagine throwing into that, at least deep.

cleller
12/1/2012, 04:48 PM
Next year when its 3rd and 23, we might just miss Landry.

StoopTroup
12/1/2012, 04:50 PM
that FG was frickin crazy...thought, no...then YES...then oh ****...lol.

Can't imagine throwing into that, at least deep.

Great Point. It's not near as windy from the armchair. These guys...."Who is Landry throwing too?"....it's such a laugh. That FG should have been a clue as to just how bad things were in that Stadium.

BoulderSooner79
12/1/2012, 05:09 PM

Don't care.

FirstandGoal
12/1/2012, 05:12 PM
#Landrybashingthreadfail

BoulderSooner79
12/1/2012, 05:15 PM
Only the bowl game left for any LJ bashing. Last game of his senior season in a game we won - a little class would be nice.

vtsooner21
12/1/2012, 05:20 PM
As a Sooner fan and watching Landry play for these past years, I kick myself after Landry-hating when he throws int's or fumbles to give up easy points. But there are times he throws bullets for points and big plays and I just glowingly love the guy. Enigma; no question. A class act; never a question about that. Thanks, Landry for the great times!

Boomer

JLEW1818
12/1/2012, 05:28 PM
I luv Landry

Jason White's Third Knee
12/1/2012, 05:52 PM
You people act like no one else throws INTs. When will the absurdity end? Heupel used to throw slow ducks up in the air when he was pressured and our receivers made defenses look stupid. The complexity of defenses has changed dramatically.

It's incredible that LJ can throw effectively in wind like that. Anyone see the way the wind affected th Honeycutt's field goal try?

StoopTroup
12/1/2012, 05:53 PM
You people act like no one else throws INTs. When will the absurdity end? Heupel used to throw slow ducks up in the air when he was pressured and our receivers made defenses look stupid. The complexity of defenses has changed dramatically.

It's incredible that LJ can throw effectively in wind like that. Anyone see the way the wind affected th Honeycutt's field goal try?

Yes.

thecrimsoncrusader
12/1/2012, 06:02 PM

The wind was indeed vicious today, but it never pushed Landry's passes 5 feet into the earth's crust on a number of his throws today. Regardless, given that OU rushed for more yards against TCU than any other team this season, OU should have ran it more and kept it out of his hands for this particular game.

Tulsa_Fireman
12/1/2012, 06:06 PM
Landry ain't no Brian Britt.

BoulderSooner79
12/1/2012, 06:06 PM
The wind was indeed vicious today, but it never pushed Landry's passes 5 feet into the earth's crust on a number of his throws today. Regardless, given that OU rushed for more yards against TCU than any other team this season, OU should have ran it more and kept it out of his hands for this particular game.

We won, right? I'd say the strategy was just about right.

StoopTroup
12/1/2012, 06:07 PM

If you follow OU at all....you know that Clay had become our go to Back and was hurt in this game and as far as your reasoning about Landry's throws....that's pure fantasy as well.

thecrimsoncrusader
12/1/2012, 06:16 PM
If you follow OU at all....you know that Clay had become our go to Back and was hurt in this game and as far as your reasoning about Landry's throws....that's pure fantasy as well.

If you follow OU at all, you would know that Damien Williams is healthy again and was OU's leading rusher today. And as far as you defending Landry, you would rather see Landry be successful than OU win. Sad.

thecrimsoncrusader
12/1/2012, 06:17 PM
We won, right? I'd say the strategy was just about right.

And OU most likely could of had a much easier time winning it if they ran more (i.e. keep the ball out of Landry's hands since he is playing a Top 50 defense unlike the past few weeks). Especially since Landry was going up against that same tricky wind that Chris Simms faced back in the day.

StoopTroup
12/1/2012, 06:22 PM
If you follow OU at all, you would know that Damien Williams is healthy again and was OU's leading rusher today. And as far as you defending Landry, you would rather see Landry be successful than OU win. Sad.

Your Crazier than an aggie if you think Williams can carry the run like Clay has. He's going to be a great All-Purpose Back but he's not ready to be our go to guy for a pure run game. As far as Landry....if you have someone better than Landry in mind to run our Offense this year....you should be Coaching QB's in Div IA....hell maybe the NFL....lol

What's sad is your posts.

OkieThunderLion
12/1/2012, 06:22 PM
since he is playing a Top 50 defense
Probably more like Top 20 when adjusted for competition.

http://www.adjustedstats.com/ratings-stats/cfbdeftotaladj.php

StoopTroup
12/1/2012, 06:23 PM
And OU most likely could of had a much easier time winning it if they ran more (i.e. keep the ball out of Landry's hands since he is playing a Top 50 defense unlike the past few weeks). Especially since Landry was going up against that same tricky wind that Chris Simms faced back in the day.

And Chris Simms never beat OU.

Soonerjeepman
12/1/2012, 06:26 PM
Clay got hurt, but then came back in...he good?

Both are Jr, next yr will be fun, if we can keep line healthy. Good news is a lot of young oline guys got some real significant playing time this yr.,,FORCED to but still got to.

cherokeebrewer
12/1/2012, 06:29 PM
We gonna miss Landry...Thank you young man!

StoopTroup
12/1/2012, 06:36 PM
Clay got hurt, but then came back in...he good?

Both are Jr, next yr will be fun, if we can keep line healthy. Good news is a lot of young oline guys got some real significant playing time this yr.,,FORCED to but still got to.

Very true about Clay. He has fought like hell to be our #1 RB. I was very happy to see him back in there today.

JLMSOONER
12/1/2012, 07:06 PM
Well, Landry is a great guVy and an awesome representative of Oklahoma football. He definitely has skills. I supported Landry through his whole career unti the K State game. He is a 5 year senior and should have very few bonehead plays. I don't mean a mix up or occasional int. I mean a bone head game on the line fumble in the end zone or pass it directly to a defender. Something that is obvious. A game changer or cost you a game. He has these every game. He should be past doing that as consistently as he does. Yes he set many records. But by the same token had Sam been healthy and played his full elgibilty Landry most likely wouldn't have close even with the same amount of playing time. He is frustrating. It's scary we trust Bell for 3rd and short but only with one play in his pocket. Thanks Landry but next year brings optimism.

8timechamps
12/1/2012, 07:13 PM
Here's the thing folks, JLEW is JLEW. You have to understand that my man JLEW has a quick posting finger. If he feels it, he posts it. He's a Sooner through and through, he loves Landry (like the rest of us), he just post what he's thinking at the moment.

That's how my boy rolls.

StoopTroup
12/1/2012, 07:14 PM
I get that. I do it right back at him. :D

8timechamps
12/1/2012, 07:15 PM
We gonna miss Landry...Thank you young man!

Ditto.

There's going to be a lot of folks that won't admit it, but will absolutely miss LJ next year. It's going to be a tough transition.

8timechamps
12/1/2012, 07:15 PM
I get that. I do it right back at him. :D

Most people know, just letting anyone that happens by know the scoop.

StoopTroup
12/1/2012, 07:20 PM
Most people know, just letting anyone that happens by know the scoop.

He's a good dude and has a perty mouph...:wink:

thecrimsoncrusader
12/1/2012, 08:05 PM
Ditto.

There's going to be a lot of folks that won't admit it, but will absolutely miss LJ next year. It's going to be a tough transition.

I doubt it. There has only been two truly rough QB transitions and that was a freshman QB Bomar in 2005 throwing behind an injury plagued and inexperienced offensive line and throwing to a very inexperienced receiving corps and who thought he knew more than Coach Heupel and Landry in 2009 when he was throwing behind a young and injury plagued offensive line along with throwing to a very inexperienced receiving corps.

Blake Bell will be throwing behind a very experienced offensive line with basically 6 or 7 returning starters when factoring in injuries along with throwing to a very experienced and talented receiving corps. QB is the least of OU's worries for next season.

jk the sooner fan
12/1/2012, 08:34 PM
ooooh landry made a mistake, let me run to sf.com and use that to prove my point that he sucks

i guess i dont understand how you can take a few mistakes and project those numbers to be indicative of his entire career/body of work

but then ignore all the career stats he has (MANY career records)

glass half empty people i guess

StoopTroup
12/1/2012, 09:13 PM
JK....

It's just a few folks that will never be able to use the line..."HAVE YOU SEEN [insert player's name] STATS"?

We keep trying to remind them of how silly it is to have such disgust for a Player that is going to have/might have a better Pro Career than Jason White.

LJ could always get hurt in our Bowl Game although I pray that doesn't happen to him. He's been a great player for us and anyone that can't admit it needs to quit watching Sooner Football until we make it into the next MNC. Then we might be able to sell them some copies of the games that got us there. It's obvious they aren't watching these games.

JLEW1818
12/1/2012, 09:28 PM
Landry could be 4-0 in bowl games.

Who the **** made this thread

bluedogok
12/1/2012, 10:31 PM
I'm just glad we didn't have to go through a progression after Bradford like Gilbert Grape, David Ash and Case McCoy.......

StoopTroup
12/1/2012, 10:41 PM
Landry could be 4-0 in bowl games.

Who the **** made this thread

ROTF....

yankee
12/1/2012, 10:48 PM
My favorite part of Landry's game is his ability to shake off the idiotic decisions he sometimes makes and come back out looking like a sure fire lock for the number 1 pick in the draft on the very next drive. It's mystifying/frustrating sometimes, but there aren't too many QB's I'd take over him in college football. LOVE ME SOME 'STACHE.

Seamus
12/2/2012, 12:03 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9uoJyyoVyk

Mazeppa
12/2/2012, 12:43 AM
My favorite part of Landry's game is his ability to shake off the idiotic decisions

That's because he's had a lot of practice at it. Four more quarters and Landry is history.

LiveLaughLove
12/2/2012, 11:39 AM
Didn't read all of this thread. Just wanted to say, I have been critical of Landry at times, and I am excited to see Bell next year, but Landry is a great collegiate QB.

Did any of you see the QBs playing for the mighty SEC championship last night? They would be hard pressed to start for half of the teams in the Big XII.

To say they were pedestrian is not an exaggeration. To say they were mediocre would be about accurate.

In fact, their whole offenses were pedestrian. That league is truly a defense league.

Landry would light those teams up. Not saying we would win against either, just saying Landry is far superior to those two QBs I witnessed last night in the mighty SEC.

Landry has got many things to work on for the NFL, but he will definitely make someone's roster and probably be a starter in a year or two.

JLEW1818
12/2/2012, 11:42 AM
We say the SEC QB's couldn't work in the big12, yet the SEC wins the title ever year.

Defense? Okay why can't we get a defense like the SEC has?

Could big12 QBs have they same success in the SEC? Doubtful.

LiveLaughLove
12/2/2012, 11:49 AM
We say the SEC QB's couldn't work in the big12, yet the SEC wins the title ever year.

I doubt it too. The defenses are much better in the SEC. That's why I said I WASN'T saying we would win a game against either.

I was strictly comparing the QB play. Landry > McCarron and Murray, by a good ways.

That was my only comparison. He can make the throws neither of them can even envision.

His mobility has improved dramatically this year. He still get's happy feet, but not nearly as bad.

Those two were in a dome last night throwing it in the dirt, lobbing passes up for grabs, etc. They fit what their coaches want out of a QB, but that's not close to what we need from Landry.

bluedogok
12/2/2012, 11:54 AM

On a weekly basis, they could have success, look at A&M this season with a one week turnaround most of the season but give those defensive staffs six weeks to prepare and implement a defense for the championship game that makes it more difficult. Even Urban Meyer said in a feature on Oregon last year they would've had a very hard time defending OU in a one week turnaround like they did with 5-6 weeks. The time off before the championship games is a huge advantage for the defense because offenses don't change as much during the season. The LSU and Florida games were still pretty close even with officials resembling SEC officials much more than they did Big 12 officials who call a PI if you breathe on a receiver.

BlownGP
12/2/2012, 12:25 PM
I doubt it too. The defenses are much better in the SEC. That's why I said I WASN'T saying we would win a game against either.

I was strictly comparing the QB play. Landry > McCarron and Murray, by a good ways.

That was my only comparison. He can make the throws neither of them can even envision.

His mobility has improved dramatically this year. He still get's happy feet, but not nearly as bad.

Those two were in a dome last night throwing it in the dirt, lobbing passes up for grabs, etc. They fit what their coaches want out of a QB, but that's not close to what we need from Landry.

QFT

FaninAma
12/2/2012, 12:30 PM
Just watched the replay. Landry had happy feet all game long even though the offensive line did a great job. He was throwing off his back foot on a lot of throws. He is able to compensate with a strong arm but it hurts his accuracy.

GottaHavePride
12/2/2012, 12:40 PM
Someone brought up the SEC CCG as an example of good defenses? Did you see the 3rd and 4th quarters? What I saw was a Georgia D that couldn't stop Bama from running despite Bama's laughably low number of pass attempts. And I saw a Bama D that couldn't stop Georgia from throwing for 25+ yards a pop despite playing a prevent defense most of the 4th quarter. The only reason Bama won was Georgia mismanaging the clock at the end.

FaninAma
12/2/2012, 12:49 PM
If OU wants to win the games they lost this year they will have to have a dual threat QB. You just have to put more pressure on the defense.

bluedogok
12/2/2012, 02:02 PM
A dual-threat QB is not the only solution, a better o-line that is effective at both pass and run blocking is the key. If you can generate a running game via the RB's then you can be balanced and keep the defense on their heels regardless of QB mobility. A mobile QB can help make up for the lack of a competent o-line, even a healthy o-line through out the season would have done wonders for the running game. A mobile QB with a bad line will still struggle most of the time.