PDA

View Full Version : 2012 CFB moments

8timechamps
11/28/2012, 07:32 PM
What are some of the things you'll remember about the 2012 season (doesn't have to be Sooner related)?

Here are a couple I'll remember:

USC being crowned pre-season champs only to lose 5 games.

The total domination of Texas in the Cotton Bowl.

Alabama losing to A&M (and at one point trailing 20-0).

Notre Dame squeaking out win after win.

Kansas State being ranked #1 for the first time.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/28/2012, 07:48 PM
notre dame getting a critical call or non-call on a touchdown in their overtime "win" over Stanford, and the 2 mysterious calls in their game with OU.(the late holding call when B. Bell scored the TD that was called back, and the no-call of defensive interference on domer when the OU receiver got the ball knocked into the air, resulting in another dubious call of interception by MantiTao of the demer defense.)

agoo758
11/28/2012, 07:50 PM
Arkansas loss to ULM followed by a meltdown of a season.

Marquis Wilson tries to get Leach fired.

Vanderbilt blows Tennessee out one year after Dooley exclaims how Tennessee "will always beat the **** out of them"

Ohio States improbable undefeated run.

Gene Chizik the first and probably only coach that will ever be fired just two years after winning a NC.

rock on sooner
11/28/2012, 07:50 PM
The over-the-top wins at WVU and Norman against the Pokes...
with that LJ and his 1054 yards passing...in-freakin-credible...
plus the array of dual threat QB's and their video game numbers.!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/28/2012, 07:59 PM
Arkansas loss to ULM followed by a meltdown of a season.

Marquis Wilson tries to get Leach fired.

Vanderbilt blows Tennessee out one year after Dooley exclaims how Tennessee "will always beat the **** out of them"

Ohio States improbable undefeated run.

Gene Chizik the first and probably only coach that will ever be fired just two years after winning a NC.good picks. Those are significnt, fershur

MyT Oklahoma
11/28/2012, 11:19 PM
How ironic that O-hi-O State went 12 and 0 and now have no where to go since they are on probation.

P.S. That is why head coaches don't knowingly use ineligible players and also why AD's don't think that their program is too good not to be sanctioned with no bowl games.

BoulderSooner79
11/28/2012, 11:59 PM
notre dame getting a critical call or non-call on a touchdown in their overtime "win" over Stanford, and the 2 mysterious calls in their game with OU.(the late holding call when B. Bell scored the TD that was called back, and the no-call of defensive interference on domer when the OU receiver got the ball knocked into the air, resulting in another dubious call of interception by MantiTao of the demer defense.)

We have threads every year discussing how it takes luck to get to the title game and ND illustrated that point again this year. They required the Pitt FG kicker to miss a ~35yarder in OT to avoid a loss and they even needed the refs to miss a technical penalty on the kick when ND had 2 players with the same numbered jersey on the field. Stanford suffered from poor QB play most the season and improved a lot when they changed QBs *after* the ND loss. ND played USC the week *after* Barkley sprained his shoulder. Marquis Lee ran free through their secondary all night, but the USC backup QB couldn't connect.

Bama/UGA needed 2 of the 3 remaining undefeated teams to lose in the last 2 weeks. KSU and UO promply obliged -- and the Ducks played Stanford *after* they switched QBs. If Bama wins it all, I'd consider them even luckier than ND if I factor in how they got to the title game last year. When they need outside help, they've gotten it.

5thYearSooner
11/29/2012, 09:33 AM
How ironic that O-hi-O State went 12 and 0 and now have no where to go since they are on probation.

The players know they are not playing for title this year..so its easy for them to focus on one game at a time. No pressure at all. IMP they would have lost some games if they were playing for championships.

goingoneight
11/29/2012, 10:39 AM
ObiKaTony's bragging on Mike Stoops versus Brent Venables just before the worst three game stretch in OU defense history.

goingoneight
11/29/2012, 10:41 AM
Seriously, though... Landry Jones out-classing the pokies who spent all year ripping him. That was beautiful.

nutinbutdust
11/29/2012, 03:01 PM
Laundry Jones passing Graham Harrell as the Big 12's all-time leading passer against OKLAST
. His total is 16,124 career passing yards at OU.

Scott D
11/29/2012, 03:09 PM
Mark May dressing as a leprechaun and singing the ND fight song.

rock on sooner
11/29/2012, 03:12 PM
Laundry Jones passing Graham Harrell as the Big 12's all-time leading passer against OKLAS. His total is 16,124 career passing yards at OU.

With two games left, it is possible he goes over 17000.

thecrimsoncrusader
11/29/2012, 03:24 PM
OU kicking the crap out of Notre Dame for the 10th straight time.

OU pinning the lone loss on Kansas St.

badger
11/29/2012, 03:25 PM
I'll remember that one fleeting moment where we all thought this was the year when the SEC title streak finally ended :mad:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-27mBDhXw9ps/UJbiJNXRwAI/AAAAAAAAApA/qS_FiH-fnGo/s1600/Shame5.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-INaasYMmme4/UJbiJl8CBlI/AAAAAAAAApI/ENCU6fkJoA4/s1600/Shame6.jpg

nutinbutdust
11/29/2012, 04:41 PM
With two games left, it is possible he goes over 17000.

If he does that I am hoping he gets 17073 and gets by Timmy Chang to become the second all time NCAA career passer. That will be my new CFB moment for the year.

goingoneight
11/29/2012, 06:51 PM
For all of the bullshat he takes from people, he's been awesome. We'll never know what Sam could have done without an OL, a run game or Gresham. That, plus the horrid collapses by the defense has been LJ's worst enemy as OU's QB. I guarantee you if the Stache was in Tuscaloosa in 2009, he'd have a ring or two (or three?) and a hell of a lot more respect from people who claim to be fans of his team. Our success has hinged upon him being able to throw it all night long for four years now. I only hope the Bell/Knight/Thompson/Allen winner can establish an identity like that. Because God knows the moment OUr team has a meltdown, the fans will go from "rah-rah Belldozer!" to "Fire everybody and bench that Bumdozer!!!!111"

VA Sooner
11/29/2012, 07:30 PM
Are you saying that some of our fans are fickle?

thecrimsoncrusader
11/29/2012, 10:15 PM
For all of the bullshat he takes from people, he's been awesome. We'll never know what Sam could have done without an OL, a run game or Gresham. That, plus the horrid collapses by the defense has been LJ's worst enemy as OU's QB. I guarantee you if the Stache was in Tuscaloosa in 2009, he'd have a ring or two (or three?) and a hell of a lot more respect from people who claim to be fans of his team. Our success has hinged upon him being able to throw it all night long for four years now. I only hope the Bell/Knight/Thompson/Allen winner can establish an identity like that. Because God knows the moment OUr team has a meltdown, the fans will go from "rah-rah Belldozer!" to "Fire everybody and bench that Bumdozer!!!!111"

I have never seen so many excuses made for a QB and he doesn't need them. The team won't have a meltdown with Blake Bell, they're going undefeated the next two seasons. :02.47-tranquillity:

StoopTroup
11/30/2012, 12:06 AM
I have never seen so many excuses made for a QB and he doesn't need them. The team won't have a meltdown with Blake Bell, they're going undefeated the next two seasons. :02.47-tranquillity:

However....I don't see Goingoneight making any excuses in that quote of his you quoted. After reading his quote...I think he nailed it.