PDA

View Full Version : Christian vs Muslim

Soonerjeepman
11/28/2012, 04:57 PM
this basically sets the difference between the two. One has evolved using modern laws and reg...the other...well.

Muslim
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/11/28/seven-egyptian-christians-sentenced-to-death-for-anti-islam-film/

Christian
Being Catholic, I can come up with "The Life of Brian" as ONE of many films depicting Christ/Christianity in a negative manner. The Da Vinci Code would be another.

Christian response...come out against the movie, give it negative ratings, but not once sentence anyone to death over it, go figure.

Guess the Muslim aren't so nice after all~

Fire away!

cleller
11/28/2012, 06:50 PM
First, you don't see Christians sentencing people to death for a cheap movie production, like you mention. Additionally, most places with a large practicing Christian populace are fairly safe to visit, even if you are of a different faith. They will even discuss the differences with you without cutting off any of your body parts.

I find it odd that NPR, PBS, and many other big media outlets are so quick to give coverage to Islam, while it is as oppressive and extreme as your typical communist or totalitarian regime.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/28/2012, 07:30 PM
...Islam, while it is as oppressive and extreme as your typical communist or totalitarian regime.They have the same goals and enemies, at least at this stage. Eliminate, or at least defeat Christians and Jews and the private sector.

SicEmBaylor
11/28/2012, 09:48 PM
Christian
Being Catholic...
I'm sorry.

SicEmBaylor
11/28/2012, 09:49 PM
They have the same goals and enemies, at least at this stage. Eliminate, or at least defeat Christians and Jews and the private sector.

The private sector? That's a new one to me. Islam isn't opposed to private property or business ownership.

KantoSooner
11/29/2012, 09:51 AM
The differences are not so great. It's a matter of who has the authority in various societies. In most of the muslim world, the religious authorities have pretty much unchecked power. Just as christian authorities did in the Western world in, say, the 16th century.
Given this power, they have no qualms about using the police and courts to enforce whatever version of orthodoxy the clergy favors at the moment. In precisely the same way that catholic and protestant hierarchies operated pogroms against those who they saw as threats.
What sets the West apart is that we put the churches into a box and stripped them of temporal power.
And that diminution of eclesiastical power is, really, the core foundation of what we refer to as 'civilization' today. (The word meaning, 'to put under 'civil', or legal, control'.)

KantoSooner
11/29/2012, 09:54 AM
Sicem, Islam has a whole series of absurd usury laws that are pretty anti- any rational form of banking. Now, they avoid this by not charging 'interest' and instead charging 'fees' that amount to the same thing.
Christianity had the same thing going for better than a thousand years. That's why the Jews were needed in so many countries; no 'Christian' could loan money at interest.

Soonerjeepman
11/29/2012, 10:33 AM
I'm sorry.

lol...I'm not. It's a great faith and church.

Soonerjeepman
11/29/2012, 10:35 AM
, the 16th century.

Notice I said "one has evolved" Again, comparing 16th century Christianity to modern day Muslims, compare modern day Christians to modern day Muslims.

SoonerProphet
11/29/2012, 11:50 AM
the turks and indonesians disagree with this pedestrian assessment.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/29/2012, 12:48 PM
The private sector? That's a new one to me. Islam isn't opposed to private property or business ownership.They are opposed to freedom, and that goes with a healthy and incentivized private sector. I understand you don't find Friedman and his free market policies to be anything attractive to you.

KantoSooner
11/29/2012, 02:28 PM
Notice I said "one has evolved" Again, comparing 16th century Christianity to modern day Muslims, compare modern day Christians to modern day Muslims.

Islam is 642 years behind christianity in terms of 'evolving' (or, more appropriately, being taught manners). Some islamic societies, such as Turkey or arguably Malaysia, have fairly well established subordination of the clerics to the state. Their daily flow of life is pretty much what it is in the West.
I don't see any particular reason that islam can not coexist with civilized behaviour. The key is, as it was in the West, to completely destroy the secular power of religion. Once broken in its temporal aspirations, the church or the mosque can be permitted to continue on with its self-appointed, parochial mission.

FaninAma
11/29/2012, 04:36 PM
The religion of an illiterate and poor population will be practiced in an intolerant and violent way. When the Muslim world led the world in scientific and mathmatic advances they were much more tolerant than those who followed Christianity in Europe.

KantoSooner
11/29/2012, 04:44 PM
And the same can be said for hindu's, buddhists and the like.

We can all rejoice at the recent death of Bal Thackeray in Mumbai.Thackeray was the head of Shiv Sena, a hindu political party organization that borrowed its organization and tactics from Hitler and the early Nazi Party. He was truly an evil man and the world is better now that he's gone.

SoonerorLater
11/29/2012, 04:46 PM
Genesis 16:12 And he shall be as a wild *** among men; his hand shall be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell over against all his brethren.

KABOOKIE
11/29/2012, 04:50 PM
Islam is 642 years behind christianity in terms of 'evolving' (or, more appropriately, being taught manners). .

Rubbish. By this logic Scientology is the fastest evolving religion.

KantoSooner
11/29/2012, 05:12 PM
You're failing to see the point kabookie. christianity has had more time, and has been more exposed to popular governments that would not put up with theocratic horsecrap. When Islam has faced the same whip, it, too has leaned to stay in its place.

SouthCarolinaSooner
11/30/2012, 03:26 PM
The religion of an illiterate and poor population will be practiced in an intolerant and violent way. When the Muslim world led the world in scientific and mathmatic advances they were much more tolerant than those who followed Christianity in Europe.
This