PDA

View Full Version : another New Recruit for 2013 JORDAN EVANS OLB from Norman

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/28/2012, 01:16 AM
http://oklahoma.scout.com/a.z?s=146&p=8&c=1&nid=6620321

Rivals: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jordan-Evans-141252;_ylt=AqnqO5LxVO7_Pbu8.5SqMOVIPZB4

cherokeebrewer
11/28/2012, 10:27 AM
I love these legacy kids. His dad Scott was a really good player as well as a great student athlete with integrity. So now we have Thompson, Shepard & Evans...Welcome Jordan!!!

KantoSooner
11/28/2012, 11:56 AM
Seems a bit light compared to Mike Stoops presumed penchant for bigger LBs. Am I missing speed on this guy? Will he play nickle in college? Thoughts? (I usually don't credit the film too much as it's too grainy and distant to get much idea of how the guy moves/uses his body and from the macro level, he's not playing against Div 1 talent in HS, so he's going to look like Godzilla anyway.)

Still, I love the local guys/life long Sooner fans. They seem to work harder and have fewer head case problems.

Welcome, Sir and may your future be filled with Longhorns lying in a puddle, moaning, at your feet.

8timechamps
11/28/2012, 02:33 PM
Seems a bit light compared to Mike Stoops presumed penchant for bigger LBs. Am I missing speed on this guy? Will he play nickle in college? Thoughts? (I usually don't credit the film too much as it's too grainy and distant to get much idea of how the guy moves/uses his body and from the macro level, he's not playing against Div 1 talent in HS, so he's going to look like Godzilla anyway.)

Still, I love the local guys/life long Sooner fans. They seem to work harder and have fewer head case problems.

Welcome, Sir and may your future be filled with Longhorns lying in a puddle, moaning, at your feet.

He'll put on weight, so I'm not too worried about his size. In fact, there's even been mention of him playing DE.

Evans was definitely a "plan b" recruit, but I like the fact that he's a legacy and local. You can never measure the love for the program or the heart of a kid. I think Evans has both.

cherokeebrewer
11/28/2012, 04:54 PM
Scott Evans was undersized as a DT...around 250-260 lbs his junior & senior years, but still made all-conference. He had 'true grit'. Jordan at LB is a good fit...Hope I live long enough to see some of the young ones play.

Soonerjeepman
11/28/2012, 05:21 PM
ah...Evans, my cousin lives by Scott, I think. Cool..Sooner blood...

PalmBeachSooner
11/30/2012, 12:43 PM
He is very fast for his size. There's a possibility he could play Safety.

Curly Bill
11/30/2012, 01:51 PM
He is very fast for his size. There's a possibility he could play Safety.

If you go by their reported high school times they're all fast for their size. Unfortunately there's no more inaccurate data out there than high shool 40 times.