PDA

View Full Version : Report: Les miles offereed 5 years 27.5 Million at Arky

agoo758
11/27/2012, 11:49 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8684939/arkansas-razorbacks-make-offer-lsu-tigers-coach-les-miles-according-report

That's more than what :mack: makes. Any chance he takes it if its true?

olevetonahill
11/27/2012, 11:59 PM
Dont know, Dont care

stoops the eternal pimp
11/28/2012, 12:00 AM
That would be incredibly stupid of him.

Scott D
11/28/2012, 12:19 AM
no, but if true he'll parlay it into some sort of raise at LSU.

goingoneight
11/28/2012, 12:29 AM
Time to see how much LSU loves him or how good they think they'll be without him.

Seamus
11/28/2012, 01:28 AM
OK, throwing this out there -- nothing but pure speculation ...

Jerry Jones, a Sooey alum, is behind this push and is bankrolling part or all of this offer.

His goal: Get Arkansas on top, or at least a consistent BCS player.

The lure is the huge payday.

The hook -- and again, pure conjecture on my part -- is an unwritten agreement that in 5 to 7 years, if he gets Arkie on top, then the Cowboys job is his for the taking.

picasso
11/28/2012, 01:36 AM
They are looking for someone with tremendous resolve.

jk the sooner fan
11/28/2012, 07:48 AM
They are looking for someone with tremendous resolve.

someone that would go anywhere with the team

olevetonahill
11/28/2012, 08:04 AM
Easy guys, If ya dis Ole Les. Don will neg ya . :stupid:

jk the sooner fan
11/28/2012, 08:12 AM
would be funny as hell if Miles took this offer and moved to Arky

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
11/28/2012, 08:13 AM

Jerry Jones, a Sooey alum, is behind this push and is bankrolling part or all of this offer.

The hook -- and again, pure conjecture on my part -- is an unwritten agreement that in 5 to 7 years, if he gets Arkie on top, then the Cowboys job is his for the taking.

As a Packer fan I say this with all sincerity, "Please, God. Let this be true!"

Breadburner
11/28/2012, 08:25 AM
"Let er Rip"...!!!!

jk the sooner fan
11/28/2012, 08:39 AM

jerry's available time to worry about Arkansas is non-existent.....cowboys are in the playoff hunt dont cha know?

he had a chance to hire Miles once before and never gave him a second thought - he's not as deep in the weeds in Fayetteville as so many believe him to be

badger
11/28/2012, 09:10 AM

If JJ really was pulling strings at Arky, he'd have told them to go to the Big 12 so that the lucrative Big 12 championship could exist again (assuming we'd get some other team on board immediately too)

stoops the eternal pimp
11/28/2012, 09:26 AM
the last thing Arkansas wants is to get Jerry Jones involved in hiring coaches.

Breadburner
11/28/2012, 10:11 AM
No ****...He cant even make it work in ****ing Dallas....!!

BillyBall
11/28/2012, 10:30 AM
no, but if true he'll parlay it into some sort of raise at LSU.

Yep, either way Les just got paid...

badger
11/28/2012, 10:34 AM
Maybe Arky should offer all the top SEC coaches so that all their competition has to pony up more dough :D

Wait... that would be too smart of them... maybe they should offer all of the SEC coaches that were just fired ;)

yermom
11/28/2012, 11:52 AM
i can't believe he's been there 8 years. man, i'm old.

how does someone unseat someone at a school like LSU that has won national championships? to a "rival" even?

that seems like a very expensive move. surely there are more Sumlins out there.

badger
11/28/2012, 12:03 PM

how does someone unseat someone at a school like LSU that has won national championships? to a "rival" even?

that seems like a very expensive move. surely there are more Sumlins out there.

Winning is expensive... with as many money losing programs in football, it might be cheaper to lose!

70sooner
11/28/2012, 12:51 PM
but.......but.......but I thought Arky was interested in Gumby, or so the other rumors go.......

badger
11/28/2012, 01:14 PM
Did somebody say they need a new coach at Arkansas?
http://squealinghog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/HN.jpg

StoopTroup
11/28/2012, 02:04 PM

So Jones hires Gumby and Smiles goes back to Stoolwater? :wink:

badger
11/28/2012, 02:26 PM
I'm available too!
http://kotv.images.worldnow.com/images/11343856_BG6.jpg
"All the key football players talk to Nolan Richardson"

StoopTroup
11/28/2012, 03:00 PM
^SHOCKING! :D

SoonerLaw09
11/28/2012, 03:06 PM
I guess Lester would have to go to Arkysaw to learn stuff and be able to play any sucker anywhere...'cuz hey, in the Neffel you have to, ya know?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/28/2012, 03:12 PM

that seems like a very expensive move. surely there are more Sumlins out there. Stanford coach comes to mind

badger
11/28/2012, 03:27 PM
^SHOCKING! :D

Oh I could keep this going if we all like to poke fun at Arky here... yes, yes I think we do:

I can still coach!
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/505/999/FrankBroyles_display_image.jpg?1289968267

Sabanball
11/28/2012, 03:57 PM
Les Miles already has one of the top jobs in college football--Arkansas fans are delirious if they ever thought they were going to get him. With superior facilities, recruiting grounds, and one of the best if not THE best game day experience around, the Hat would be crazy to leave Baton Rouge for a dump out literally in the middle of nowhere like Fayetteville.

I give credit to Jeff Long for aiming high, but no way he is going to get an elite coach of the calibre of Miles(or Saban, or Stoops) to coach the hogs.

badger
11/28/2012, 04:03 PM
Les Miles already has one of the top jobs in college football--Arkansas fans are delirious if they ever thought they were going to get him.

Well, they certainly have Tigerdroppings in a frenzy: Linky (http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/b/1/LSU-Sports-Tiger-Rant.aspx)

- LSU is not going back to the "Dark Ages" like the '90s
- Les should STAY but raise??? Hell NO
- The lack of perspective from the Negatigers, Miles needs to stay.
- If Miles Leaves: The LSU JET's first stop should be?
- to the miles win record guys
- Les Miles Should F**K with Everyone
- Hanagriff on 104.5 - Miles staying
- Miles isn't asking for a raise at LSU.
- Miles for Harbaugh? Sure. Miles for :insertAllevahire:? No thanks
- Enjoy your higher ticket prices.

And that's just page one :les:

badger
11/28/2012, 04:04 PM
Oh... I guess I forgot to post another Arkansas coach pic...

Notre Dame Notre Dame Notre Dame Notre Dame Notre Dame Notre Dame Notre Dame Notre Dame Notre Dame...
http://media.mlive.com/grpress/sports_impact/photo/lou-holtz-29jpg-5af0db4c5b0ed13c_large.jpg

PS: Tigah bait! (http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8687452/les-miles-remain-football-coach-lsu-tigers-receive-extension-raise)

Scott D
11/28/2012, 04:09 PM
And it's announced. Leslie will be receiving a pay raise and extension from LSU after the bowl game....Well played Leslie....well played.

One day LSU will tire of this gimmick and tell him to kick rocks.

badger
11/28/2012, 04:20 PM
One day LSU will tire of this gimmick and tell him to kick rocks.

That's what the Nutter used to do to Arkansas and that's about what Arkansas eventually told him to do. Hmmmm...

Scott D
11/28/2012, 04:30 PM
There was more to him and Arky than the playing for pay raises every other year.

HateTheWhorns
11/28/2012, 05:08 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8684939/arkansas-razorbacks-make-offer-lsu-tigers-coach-les-miles-according-report

That's more than what :mack: makes. Any chance he takes it if its true?

What an incredibly stupid move on the Hogs part. No way in Hell that Les takes the job; every chance in Hell that he uses the opportunity to pimp himself; and the Hogs just raised the ante in their own conference to hire a top tier coach. How stupid is that. Have to believe that JJ may have been behind this move since he is so far removed from reality.

badger
11/28/2012, 05:31 PM
What an incredibly stupid move on the Hogs part. No way in Hell that Les takes the job; every chance in Hell that he uses the opportunity to pimp himself; and the Hogs just raised the ante in their own conference to hire a top tier coach. How stupid is that. Have to believe that JJ may have been behind this move since he is so far removed from reality.

Maybe, just maybe, :les: or arky let that amount slip to make LSU pay even more than they planned to pay a coach that got them a worthless mid-tier bowl/non-sec-championship/non-national title season.

Up next: Mark Richt/Nick Saban/Will Muschamp offered the same deal, soon to be followed by UGA, Bammer and Florida all offering big pay bumps to their coaches!

badger
11/28/2012, 05:33 PM
Is it time for another Pig coaching candidate?

I'm smart enough to not be confused with a giant pink puff video game character!
http://wbma.images.worldnow.com/images/20180507_BG4.jpg

stoops the eternal pimp
11/28/2012, 05:52 PM
Les just got a 7 year extension from LSU, so......nope.

StoopTroup
11/28/2012, 06:01 PM
Les got 7 inches of Tiger Penis.

StoopTroup
11/28/2012, 06:06 PM

Typical SWC tactics. Hell....look at what TAMU did to the Big XII. They have no honor or loyalty. The SEC would do well to get rid of Arky and TAMU IMO.

Scott D
11/28/2012, 06:21 PM
No Arky legitimately went after Les. Les has played this game before, twice with Michigan. Whether Arky intended it or not, they gave Leslie the leverage he needed to get more money out of the powers that be at Baton Rouge.

cherokeebrewer
11/28/2012, 06:22 PM
Les Miles already has one of the top jobs in college football--Arkansas fans are delirious if they ever thought they were going to get him. With superior facilities, recruiting grounds, and one of the best if not THE best game day experience around, the Hat would be crazy to leave Baton Rouge for a dump out literally in the middle of nowhere like Fayetteville.
I give credit to Jeff Long for aiming high, but no way he is going to get an elite coach of the calibre of Miles(or Saban, or Stoops) to coach the hogs.
I pretty much agree with you except for the bolded part. I been to Baton Rouge and I'd take Fayetteville every time...

Soonerwake
11/28/2012, 06:44 PM
So, when does LSU tire of this crap? How many times does he play this game and get paid??

8timechamps
11/28/2012, 07:10 PM
So, when does LSU tire of this crap? How many times does he play this game and get paid??

We'll know soon enough. I think LSU dropped off this year, and given enough time, Lester will make enough stupid calls to lose a game he shouldn't. LSU will put up with his antics while he's winning, but once the winning stops (or slows), his crazy antics won't be funny anymore.

I know sabanball wants me to believe that every SEC team ranked in the top ten is deserving of their ranking, but I don't believe that. LSU is ranked higher than they should be, and things could get interesting for them. Also, LSU is not now (not has it ever been) an elite job in college football.

mdklatt
11/28/2012, 08:53 PM
Typical SWC tactics. Hell....look at what TAMU did to the Big XII. They have no honor or loyalty. The SEC would do well to get rid of Arky and TAMU IMO.

Yeah, because the SEC is all about honor and fraternity. :D

mdklatt
11/28/2012, 09:00 PM
Why do all these schools (and their fans) think that all it takes to get any coach you want is to throw enough money at them? These guys already make more money than they could spend in a lifetime. If you're already making $4-5M/year, what's another $1M really going to do for you?

(Bonus lulz: Some Texas fans think Mack is just hanging around until he's eligible for retirement. Yeah, I'm sure he's just banking on that state pension to get him through his golden years.)

SoonerInFortSmith
11/28/2012, 09:02 PM
On the 6 o'clock news over here in hillbilly land the local prognosticators were saying that now the hogs are gonna start looking at second tier coaches since people like Lester and Mike Gundy were out of their league.

I lol'd.

mdklatt
11/28/2012, 09:12 PM
On the 6 o'clock news over here in hillbilly land the local prognosticators were saying that now the hogs are gonna start looking at second tier coaches since people like Lester and Mike Gundy were out of their league.

I lol'd.

Arky fans are even more delusional about their place in the CFB universe than OKLAST fans. It's good to hear that somebody in Fayetteville has a clue.

SoonerInFortSmith
11/28/2012, 09:21 PM
Unless you've lived here you have no idea. It is seriously bad.

badger
11/28/2012, 09:26 PM

I heard an arky alum call it "fayette-nam"

Is that an akrut discrription?

mdklatt
11/28/2012, 09:28 PM

I can only imagine. It's bad enough when they infest Dallas for a couple of days when they're in the Cotton Bowl.

Moore
11/28/2012, 09:46 PM
**** the hogs!

olevetonahill
11/28/2012, 10:13 PM

I go there 3 or 4 times a year, I aint never seen a Gook yet.

SoonerInFortSmith
11/28/2012, 10:22 PM

I have heard that several times over the years but don't know the actual meaning. I think it is just supposed to make it sound intimidating. I will have to do some research and get back to you though.

SoonerInFortSmith
11/28/2012, 10:29 PM
http://www.theplainsman.com/view/full_story/3990123/article-The-Reason-They-Call-it--Fayettenam-

The Reason They Call it 'Fayettenam'byPatrick Dever/ ASSISTANT SPORTS EDITOR3*years*ago*|*547*views*|*0**|*7**|**|*The Auburn Tigers were handed their first loss Saturday at the place where winning streaks go to die.It’s always tough to win a game after a game as physically and emotionally draining as the one against Tennessee.It’s even harder when playing against three different opponents.The first opponent was the Razorbacks.The Razorbacks put up 495 yards of total offense behind their 6-foot-7 sophomore quarterback Ryan Mallett.Red-Shirt senior running back Michael Smith didn’t have a rush go for negative yardage and averaged 8.1 yards per carry.Their defense was suffocating in the first half and played well enough in the second half to keep the Tigers normally potent offense at bay.Three Auburn fumbles added to the Razorbacks’ defensive success.Second, the Tigers were playing against themselves.Auburn head coach Gene Chizik always talks about playing against impostors on the field.Those impostors were in full attendance in Fayetteville.The passing game wasn’t clicking and the offensive line had trouble keeping senior quarterback Chris Todd out of trouble.Auburn allowed three sacks, one more than it allowed in the previous five games combined, bringing the season total to five.Todd was out of character too.Saturday was the first game this season Todd hasn’t thrown for a touchdown.It was evident from early on that he was in a funk when he overthrew a wide open Terrell Zachary down the left sideline.No receivers had more than three receptions and the leading receiver only had 32 yards.On the whole, the offense only had 108 yards of total offense in the first half, but turned up the production in the third quarter.Senior running back Ben Tate was the only player who seemed awake for the 11 a.m. CDT start.Tate had a career day on the ground, rushing 22 times for a career high 184 yards. His 60-yard touchdown carry in the third quarter was the longest of his career.Finally, the Tigers were playing against the referees.Losses should not be blamed on the officiating, but the officiating should not have had as big an influence on the outcome as it did Saturday.Auburn was penalized eight times for 56 yards.In particular, two defensive pass interference penalties were called against Auburn and gave Arkansas first downs inside the red zone.The calls were blatantly wrong.One was called on junior linebacker Josh Bynes, but the ball was touched before he made contact with the receiver.The second one was called against junior linebacker Craig Stevens.The referee saw Stevens’ hand clenched in a fist on the Razorback receiver’s back. He threw the flag and there was nothing there.Arkansas was able to take full advantage of these penalties and put 13 points on the board.The loss, however, came early enough to humble the Tigers before they begin the daunting second half of the season.Read more:The Auburn Plainsman - The Reason They Call it Fayettenam

Scott D
11/29/2012, 12:57 AM
I go there 3 or 4 times a year, I aint never seen a Gook yet.

they changed the colors of the pajamas to red, thats why you're missing them.

Scott D
11/29/2012, 12:58 AM
and who is Lester?

Surely you aren't referring to Mr. LESLIE Edwin Miles :D

olevetonahill
11/29/2012, 04:43 AM
they changed the colors of the pajamas to red, thats why you're missing them.

Well sonofabitch, Them sneaky bastards, Bet they aint wearin their coolie hats and chewin betel nut either.

and who is Lester?

Surely you aren't referring to Mr. LESLIE Edwin Miles :D

I believe they be talking about the Man known as Less Mileage

Bourbon St Sooner
11/29/2012, 09:19 AM

Two years ago, after another leslie brain fart against Ole **** or whoever, the fans were praying that meatchicken would take him. I guess they'll get tired of him when he goes back to blowing games against ole ****. He tried this year.

badger
11/29/2012, 09:50 AM
Did you say Arkansas is still looking for a coach?
http://media.al.com/sports_impact/photo/9350787-large.jpg