PDA

View Full Version : OU giving 8 points to TCU

8timechamps
11/27/2012, 08:24 PM
Seems about right, but this game worries me a little. First, Boykin is arguably the most mobile QB we've seen this year, and let's face it...run defense isn't our specialty. Second, it's at TCU and there is no question they want to beat the "other" big dog in the conference. Everyone gives OU their best shot, so that's not new...but this is an unfamiliar opponent, and that's always tough.

On one hand, I'm glad we're not facing another top 5 offense, but on the other, I'm a little worried about Boykin.

goingoneight
11/27/2012, 08:41 PM
OU should be worried. This team is everything that OU struggles with. They put good pressure on the QB and running the football is their forte. I'm not overly concerned with Boykin testing OUr DBs, but more doing what Klein, Golson and Chelf did by keeping drives alive with escapability. We're just not a sure defense in the front seven anywhere.

olevetonahill
11/27/2012, 08:49 PM
The Pick em has the spread at only 6.5

Flying Scotsman
11/27/2012, 08:55 PM
A couple of good hits on Boykin by Mr. Jefferson should make him think twice about going run crazy...

sendbaht
11/27/2012, 08:58 PM
As long as we do not play like texas we should be fine. i see us winning this and really pulling away 1/2 way into the 3rd quarter..
OUr D will step it up this game and play like the 4th quarter in the osu game. BOOMER SOONER!!

8timechamps
11/27/2012, 09:13 PM
OU should be worried. This team is everything that OU struggles with. They put good pressure on the QB and running the football is their forte. I'm not overly concerned with Boykin testing OUr DBs, but more doing what Klein, Golson and Chelf did by keeping drives alive with escapability. We're just not a sure defense in the front seven anywhere.

Yep. And he is more athletic than Klein and Chelf (maybe not Golson). I don't think he'll air it out, but he's slippery. Also, TCU had a solid defense. They have a couple of DEs that can pin their ears back and get after Landry. It's not going to be a walk in the park.

8timechamps
11/27/2012, 09:14 PM
The Pick em has the spread at only 6.5

8 could have been the opening line. It could be down to 6.5

jk the sooner fan
11/27/2012, 09:22 PM
im actually more worried about an emotional let down by Landry Jones - the last two games have to take a toll....i would think anyway

this could be a trap game- if there is such a thing

8timechamps
11/27/2012, 09:24 PM
im actually more worried about an emotional let down by Landry Jones - the last two games have to take a toll....i would think anyway

this could be a trap game- if there is such a thing

I would have been more worried about that had he not played lights out after the WVU game. At this point, I think he's acting like an experienced senior, and can focus on the task at hand. But, it's always possible.

olevetonahill
11/27/2012, 09:33 PM
8 could have been the opening line. It could be down to 6.5

Its yahoo they started out at 6.5
Aint a bettin site

stoopified
11/27/2012, 09:39 PM
IMHO we should easily cover,should be at least 2 TD spread.

8timechamps
11/27/2012, 10:22 PM
Its yahoo they started out at 6.5
Aint a bettin site

I found it, it was the first line released by the Wynn Sports Book in Vegas. The line has since dropped to 6.5. Several other books opened the line at 6.5 after the Wynn opened at 8, then promptly dropped to 6.5

FtwTxSooner
11/27/2012, 10:26 PM
The whorns in Austin was a much bigger skin for TCU to hang on the wall than we could ever be. That was their big game by far.