PDA

View Full Version : Wow!..a way Barack O could turn Texas into a blue state

SoonerinSouthlake
11/27/2012, 05:04 PM
http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/11/27/12/Cowboys-fans-petition-to-remove-Jerry-Jo/msn_landing.html?blockID=826513&feedID=3742

November 27, 2012

Matthew Emmons-US PRESSWIRE

Apparently a Georgia man has become so tired of Jerry Jones running the Dallas Cowboys that he has created a petition on the White House's website to have Jones removed as owner and general manager of the NFL franchise.

The petition reads: "We, the Citizens of the Great State of Texas, and Dallas Cowboys fans worldwide, have been oppressed by an over controlling, delusional, oppressive dictator for way too long. Request the Executive Branch's immediate assistance in removal of owner and GM, Jerry Jones. His incompetence and ego have not only been an extreme disappointment for way too long, but moreover, it has caused extreme mental and emotional duress."

Jones has stated several times over the years that he has no plans to surrender his title as general manager. After all, that's what Cowboys fans really are complaining about. Although the Cowboys have won three Super Bowls since Jones purchased the team in 1989, they have been stuck in mediocrity ever since.

However, the petition also mentions removing Jones as owner. It's difficult to argue with what he has done in that capacity. The team is arguably the most popular sports franchise in the world and it plays its home games in a $1.2 billion stadium.

As of 12:30 p.m. Tuesday, the petition, which was created on Nov. 23, had over 2,000 of the 25,000 signatures needed. The website states: "If a petition gets enough support, White House staff will review it, ensure it's sent to the appropriate policy experts, and issue an official response."

While the majority of signatures come from Texas residents, there are a large number from residents all across the country.

badger
11/27/2012, 05:12 PM
Eventually he'll just die. It happened with Al Davis, it happened with Art Modell. Eventually, unpopular NFL owners die! JJ is 70 years old. You won't have to wait much longer, suffering Cowboy fans!

(and I know that this is morbid, but it's true!)

DarrellZero
11/27/2012, 05:51 PM
I used to feel almost the same way about the Cowboys that I feel about OU.

I remember going to games with my Dad to watch Tom Landry, Roger Staubach, Tony Dorsett, Drew Pearson, Randy White, Too Tall Jones, Troy, Michael, Emmitt ...

Now I just don't care. Thanks, Jerry.

BermudaSooner
11/27/2012, 06:21 PM
Yea, remove him...he didn't build it...Obama and gubment did!

bluedogok
11/27/2012, 06:46 PM
Jerry isn't bad as an owner, remember how bad the team was before he bought them? What he is bad at the GM job, he needs to be an owner and not a jock sniffer selecting players. Once he took over personnel decisions from Jimmy is when they started going downhill. He has Al Davis Syndrome, just because a guy looks like a great athlete means he has to be a good player, I think he becomes too enamored with athleticism. The Pats draft "average guys" (in NFL terms) all the time but they draft guys with ability that have smarts most of the time.

EatLeadCommie
11/27/2012, 06:53 PM
This petition idea on the White House website is quickly becoming one of the dumbest ideas in Washington, which is saying a lot. Every crackpot and their mom can petition about anything and everything.

EatLeadCommie
11/27/2012, 06:54 PM
Jerry isn't bad as an owner, remember how bad the team was before he bought them? What he is bad at the GM job, he needs to be an owner and not a jock sniffer selecting players. Once he took over personnel decisions from Jimmy is when they started going downhill. He has Al Davis Syndrome, just because a guy looks like a great athlete means he has to be a good player, I think he becomes too enamored with athleticism. The Pats draft "average guys" (in NFL terms) all the time but they draft guys with ability that have smarts most of the time.

The introduction of the salary cap didn't help.

bluedogok
11/27/2012, 07:28 PM
The introduction of the salary cap didn't help.
Well, Jimmy didn't do too well with the Dolphins, he never had to deal with a salary cap with the Cowboys, Miami Hurricanes or OSU.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/27/2012, 07:38 PM
Yea, remove him...he didn't build it...Obama and gubment did!

HAY! you didn't build it! GET OUT! LET DA GUBMIT DO ITS THING!

goingoneight
11/27/2012, 09:19 PM
Jerry was responsible for making Dallas what they were in the 90s just as he is for what they are now. That's his problem. He thinks he's still got it. In short, what worked to make probably the best teams of all time then doesn't always work 20 years later.

bluedogok
11/27/2012, 09:30 PM
Jerry and Jimmy were responsible, I doubt that if he had kept the Cowboys player personnel staff from the Bum Bright regime that they would have had the success they had in the 90's. Jimmy Johnson was the defacto personnel guy there, Jerry signed the checks, after they got a some rings he thought he was the "brains" of the organization just like most CEO's who "smell themselves" a bit too much.

SoonerinSouthlake
11/28/2012, 08:51 AM
I used to be a big Jerry fan. He is a fantastic owner. He has built the franchise better than anyone else could.

But its now cliche in Dallas that he needs to fire himself as a GM. He sucks at it. Failed draft after failed draft proves it.

His problem is that after 20 years, he is still trying to proove to his ex-girlfriend (Jimmy) that he can do it.

I seriously doubt the guy who started the petition was serious, people are just looking for anyway possible to get the message to the man that the fans are seriously fed up. And not just becase the season is a bust.....Its tough because he has thick skin and wears criticism like a badge of honor and a motivator.

The only other real way to hit him where it hurts is to stop buying tickets, but so many have paid big $$ for personal seat liscenses at Jerryworld, its not that easy.

I thought it was actually a pretty funny, and well publicized gimmick to start the petition...although I believe the whitehouse has taken it down

olevetonahill
11/28/2012, 08:57 AM
After the way Him an Jimmy treated Tom Landry. Him and that team can kiss my ***

badger
11/28/2012, 09:08 AM
I used to be a big Jerry fan. He is a fantastic owner. He has built the franchise better than anyone else could.

But its now cliche in Dallas that he needs to fire himself as a GM. He sucks at it. Failed draft after failed draft proves it.

His problem is that after 20 years, he is still trying to proove to his ex-girlfriend (Jimmy) that he can do it.

I seriously doubt the guy who started the petition was serious, people are just looking for anyway possible to get the message to the man that the fans are seriously fed up. And not just becase the season is a bust.....Its tough because he has thick skin and wears criticism like a badge of honor and a motivator.

The only other real way to hit him where it hurts is to stop buying tickets, but so many have paid big $$ for personal seat liscenses at Jerryworld, its not that easy.

I thought it was actually a pretty funny, and well publicized gimmick to start the petition...although I believe the whitehouse has taken it down

In the NFL, teams that are bad by sheer coincidence are suddenly good, because that's just how the NFL is, so regardless of Jerry's meddling, the Cowboys will eventually be "good" again, just because that's how it works. A few more bad years with high picks HAVE to lead to that... right?

BoomerJack
11/28/2012, 11:02 AM
Eventually he'll just die. It happened with Al Davis, it happened with Art Modell. Eventually, unpopular NFL owners die! JJ is 70 years old. You won't have to wait much longer, suffering Cowboy fans!

(and I know that this is morbid, but it's true!)

Unless he gets one of those heart pumps like former Veep Dick Cheney has.

sooneredaco
11/28/2012, 12:39 PM
After the way Him an Jimmy treated Tom Landry. Him and that team can kiss my ***

I have never followed Dallas. How did they treat him?

soonertodd
11/28/2012, 02:37 PM
How about a petition to fire Obama

8timechamps
11/28/2012, 02:40 PM
In the NFL, teams that are bad by sheer coincidence are suddenly good, because that's just how the NFL is, so regardless of Jerry's meddling, the Cowboys will eventually be "good" again, just because that's how it works. A few more bad years with high picks HAVE to lead to that... right?

Depends what you mean by "good". The Cleveland Browns would disagree.

Scott D
11/28/2012, 03:09 PM
the only NFL petition that the White House would take a look at now would be one that would guarantee the Bears a spot in the Super Bowl. ;)

SoonerinSouthlake
11/28/2012, 04:04 PM

that is the case when you have a good GM. But if you look at the Cowboys history since Jimmy Johnson left, they have had a ABNORMALLY low % of draft picks that see the field. They have traded away huge value picks for guys who gave avg/below avg return (quincy carter, UT Roy Williams, Joey Galloway...list goes on). They have made draft error after draft error. They hired Jason Garret as offensive coord, before they hired his boss Wade Phillips. they Hired Wade Phillips.

Id agree with your sentiment, but its been 20 years. The Cowboys cycle shoudl be coming around by now.

There is not a franchise in the NFL that would hire Jerry Jones as their GM

JohnnyMack
11/28/2012, 04:49 PM
Jerry Jones is to the Cowboys what George Lucas is to Star Wars. Both franchises do better when someone else does the directing.

olevetonahill
11/28/2012, 06:13 PM

Are you trying to yank my chain? I never was a Dallas fan either But admired the hell out of Landry
Look it up

StoopTroup
11/28/2012, 06:29 PM
It doesn't really matter how Jerry and Jimmy Treated Tom. What mattered was how Dallas Fans treated Tom. I was at a NFL Commissioners Party in Tampa for SB XXXV and Tom was there. They all treated Tom like a God. I'm sure it was hard for Tom to see the Team Ownership Change. It was hard for me. I watched the Cowboys as I grew up and was none to happy when Jones hired Johnson.

OUInformant
11/29/2012, 09:10 PM
How about a petition to fire Obama

How about not.

Jones needs to lay off a bit.

agoo758
11/29/2012, 11:52 PM

A simple google search would do you a lot of good.