PDA

View Full Version : In dishonor of TCU, OU home losses of the Stoops era

badger
11/26/2012, 11:11 AM
I'm not gonna say "which one is worst" or "which one is the most embarrassing," because that debate wouldn't be as much fun as:

WHAT LOSS DID YOU HATE THE MOST

The nominees are...

2001 OKLAST: With a trip to the Big 12 championship and Rose Bowl (national championship) game on the line, OU blew it big time by scoring little.
Silver lining: Allowed Texas to embarrass itself in the Big 12 championship against Colorado.

2005 TCU: With the tired cliche "We're not rebuilding, we're reloading" abounding everywhere, TCU proved that we were indeed rebuilding. Derp.
Silver lining: We beat Oregon in the Holiday Bowl to finish a topsee turvee season, who at the time was fuming about being snubbed outta the BCS.

2011 Tech: Rain delay! This stopped all of the talk of national title hopes (sorta) that Baylor didn't end a few weeks later. And it probably saved Tommy Tubby's job too.
Silver lining: No spoiler talk among Pokes when they finally beat us after 8 years of waiting. We were already down and out and another loss that season wasn't knocking us out of anything.

2012 KSU: Nobody knew if KSU was good or just trying to get its annual signature win out on us. All I know is that traffic was DAMN crowded after the fact.
Silver lining: Gave false hope to EMAW kitties everywhere that Old Man Snyder would finally get his big prize to end his career. Whoops.

2012 Notre Dame: There's really not much else to say about this game. Unlike the rest, we were crushed and there was no hope at the end for a miracle to save our home winning streak... our home winning streak that of one win (KU the week before).
Silver lining: We have two losses this year, and they're to an undefeated and once-defeated team. Whoever wins the title this year, what a sh!tty and lucky year to be just good enough to win. Gawd what an awful year for college football.

THREE DAYS of anonymous voting, where you can vote for ONE.

kevpks
11/26/2012, 11:30 AM
OSU, no question. They sucked that year and cost us a shot at the conference and a spot in the national championship game against Miami.

Mississippi Sooner
11/26/2012, 11:40 AM
2001 OSU game was bad because the pokes were so terrible, but the same could be said for Tech last year. So, since it was more recent, I went with the sand aggies.

olevetonahill
11/26/2012, 12:13 PM
All of em.

badger
11/26/2012, 12:14 PM
All of em.

i can't offer that option or everyone would take it :P

olevetonahill
11/26/2012, 12:31 PM
i can't offer that option or everyone would take it :P

I aint pickin, Cause I really do hate em all equally

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/26/2012, 01:05 PM
Los domers hold a special dark place in the heart of this fan. I SO wanted a win in that game.

badger
11/26/2012, 02:15 PM
nothing for tcu or ksu?

Boomer.....
11/26/2012, 02:20 PM
Easy, 2001 agget.

8timechamps
11/26/2012, 02:22 PM
2001 hurt the most. It was the end of a great season, and it was against the cowboys. That was the first WTF? loss in Stoops tenure.

EatLeadCommie
11/26/2012, 02:22 PM
We were hardly crushed in the ND game. Wasn't it tied with about 7 minutes to go?

winout
11/26/2012, 02:25 PM
ND, no doubt.

11/26/2012, 02:36 PM
The loss at home to lOSUr orange aggy could have been a blessing in disguise, as we would have played Miami for the NC, and they had one of their best teams ever, totally crushing the nebbishes in the BCS championship.

soonergirlNeugene
11/26/2012, 02:46 PM
The OSU loss for sure. We were watching that one over at my grandpa's house because he was feeling lonely. Which sucked for many reasons. 1-No booze, 2-He doesn't even usually care about or watch football, which made it really intolerable when he 3-Decided at halftime that because OSU had bought the drafting school he graduated from back in the 40s, that he was an OSU grad and therefore became a poke fan....all this which lead to 4-Getting in trouble for using profanity in front of the grandparents.

11/26/2012, 02:52 PM
ND, no doubt.the darkest of Darth Vaders, GO BAMA!!! ROLLLLLLLL TIDE!

rock on sooner
11/26/2012, 02:52 PM
We were hardly crushed in the ND game. Wasn't it tied with about 7 minutes to go?

Dint matter, still remember Dick Lynch and the sweep around right end
and 7-0 final score. Hated it then and 55 years later hate it even more!
Wanted sweet revenge this year and dint get it. Want it next year, too,
but will be harder than this year was. Domers are tough at home...only
really bright spot is Manti Teo (sp?) will be playin on Sundays...

jk the sooner fan
11/26/2012, 02:57 PM
i have never.......ever, walked out of that stadium with a crowd more stunned and quiet than it was after the TCU loss

i thought that game was an obvious pre-cursor to the rest of the season and thats why i picked it over any other game

Mississippi Sooner
11/26/2012, 03:05 PM
i have never.......ever, walked out of that stadium with a crowd more stunned and quiet than it was after the TCU loss

i thought that game was an obvious pre-cursor to the rest of the season and thats why i picked it over any other game

I could have easily gone for that one. About ten minutes after that game started, we finally got our electricity back on after Katrina. I was so excited. I thought "finally, this nightmare of a week is finally over." No, I guess it really wasn't.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/26/2012, 03:12 PM
First play of TCU game..Play action pass..Travis Wilson has his man beat...Paul Thompson overthrows him by 2 feet.

Pretty much a synopsis of the season

stoops the eternal pimp
11/26/2012, 03:13 PM
Still by far the worst is 2001 osu...Still had a shot at the NC...osu had won 3 games and was starting a new quarterback...

Side note, osu put the game score on their class rings that year.

StoopTroup
11/26/2012, 03:37 PM
They are all tough choices because we rarely lose at Home.

jkjsooner
11/26/2012, 03:47 PM
First play of TCU game..Play action pass..Travis Wilson has his man beat...Paul Thompson overthrows him by 2 feet.

That pretty much explains our loss to Boise State as well. Man if Thompson would have had even a tiny bit of accuracy beyond 20 yards.

It was hard to get used to that right after White's deadly accurate long balls.

StoopTroup
11/26/2012, 04:26 PM
It was hard to get used to that right after White's deadly accurate long balls.

HEH

jk the sooner fan
11/26/2012, 04:29 PM
i do remember that overthrown pass to T-money

guy next to me said "i think it's official that we miss Jason White"

no duh!

Rocker
11/26/2012, 04:32 PM
I'm still upset about all of them.

MyT Oklahoma
11/27/2012, 02:46 AM
ND in a landslide for me. Even though most of our losses to them were before my time, I still carry grudges. Grrrrrrrr........

agoo758
11/27/2012, 02:57 AM
We had a good enough Defense to win the NC in 2001. That loss to diet oklahoma is easily the most painful.

badger
11/27/2012, 09:04 AM
This must be the BCS... no love for K-State. lol

Sco
11/27/2012, 12:50 PM
Tech. Mostly because I was there. And the worst, deflating moment came at the end of the game when Hunnicutt missed a chip shot field goal.

SoonerNomad
11/27/2012, 01:19 PM
The loss at home to lOSUr orange aggy could have been a blessing in disguise, as we would have played Miami for the NC, and they had one of their best teams ever, totally crushing the nebbishes in the BCS championship.

Would rather have lost in the championship game (or maybe even won it) than lose to OSU in Norman with a chance to play in the national championship game. Easy call. So no, I don't see it as a blessing in disguise.

Salt City Sooner
11/27/2012, 02:12 PM
Would rather have lost in the championship game (or maybe even won it) than lose to OSU in Norman with a chance to play in the national championship game. Easy call. So no, I don't see it as a blessing in disguise.
x2, & I don't see a blowout loss to Miami as a given either. They dodged 2 razor sharp bullets against teams (BC & Va. Tech) that weren't as good as OU that year.

SoonerStormchaser
11/27/2012, 04:46 PM
OSU...their fans were ****tards after the game...and our fans were quiet like there was a damn funeral going on.

On top of that...Roy Williams should've caught that damn ball for an INT just before Rashaun Woods's touchdown.

GOD I HATE LES MILES!!!

SoonerDood
11/27/2012, 05:26 PM
I voted for Oklast, just because I thought there was NO way they could win that game. Unless we played like absolute crap and they played like slightly better crap.
I wanted to vote for Notre Dame. I waited for that game my whole life but circumstances dictated that I couldn't attend. It was a gut-punch finding out we lost.

Pricetag
11/27/2012, 05:58 PM

I've always wondered what that play meant for the next two years of OU football. If PT puts it on the money, does OU go on and win that game? Does Rhett Bomar ever step on the field at OU? Is OU with Thompson entering his second year as starter in 2006 become a more dangerous offensive team? Do they have what it takes to avoid the screwjob at Oregon and get over the hump against Texas?

StoopTroup
11/27/2012, 06:41 PM
This must be the BCS... no love for K-State. lol

Hard to hate that one when it is such an oddity. They don't make winning a habit against us.