PDA

View Full Version : Palmer forced to Apologize to Texas Fans!!

soonersam
11/26/2012, 09:54 AM
Did you guys see this crap? If its already been posted I apologize also...

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/jesse_palmer_had_to_apologize_for_an_upside_down_h ook_em_sign/12284530?linksrc=home_rg_head_12284530

picasso
11/26/2012, 09:58 AM
He should apologize for being on The Bachelor.

badger
11/26/2012, 09:59 AM
oh yes we had a discussion during/after the game on it. it is also part of the meltdown posts (since texas lost to tcu and all, tee hee).

espn didn't do sh!t to stephen a. for saying the n-word, but they'll make their talking head apologize for a non-profane hand gesture. derp.

goingoneight
11/26/2012, 10:31 AM
So it is... "horns down" is the new N-word. Does this mean we can say the old N-word now? Let me check the Negraph on my phone.

badger
11/26/2012, 10:45 AM
Hook em please! Hook em hush!

KantoSooner
11/26/2012, 11:58 AM
My, my, my Texas certainly does miss no opportunity to entertain. Now that they have no football program, they seem obcessed hand gestures. What could be next? Perhaps the crimson in our hats might be found to be hurtful to their eyes.

These bastidges need to be beaten down until they drop football.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/26/2012, 01:12 PM
My, my, my Texas certainly does miss no opportunity to entertain. Now that they have no football program, they seem obcessed hand gestures. What could be next? Perhaps the crimson in our hats might be found to be hurtful to their eyes.

These bastidges need to be beaten down until they drop football.or at least til their recruiting suffers bigtime.

goingoneight
11/26/2012, 01:15 PM
Their recruiting has suffered by virtue of their "we ONLY recruit Texas" mindset. Sometimes, the best of Texas high school talent isn't necessarily the best in football. That seems to be very difficult for a lot of them to understand.

badger
11/26/2012, 01:16 PM
If they only recruit Texas, they would have missed out on OMG KASEY STUDDARD

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/26/2012, 01:54 PM
Their recruiting has suffered by virtue of their "we ONLY recruit Texas" mindset. Sometimes, the best of Texas high school talent isn't necessarily the best in football. That seems to be very difficult for a lot of them to understand.Good point, but it's still a very advantageous situation for them. If they clean house in Texas every year, and they do, it's a heck of a deal for them, and assures plenty of talent on the team, always.

kevpks
11/26/2012, 02:17 PM
Their recruiting has suffered by virtue of their "we ONLY recruit Texas" mindset. Sometimes, the best of Texas high school talent isn't necessarily the best in football. That seems to be very difficult for a lot of them to understand.

It would work better if they didn't miss so spectacularly on QB recruits. Notable QBs who went to HS in Texas that had mild or no interest from UT: Luck, RGIII, Drew Brees. Even Booger Daniels is much better than what they've been throwing out there. They're also on their 4th or 5th all world next Earl Campbell, next AD running back who is just meh.

aurorasooner
11/26/2012, 04:18 PM
He should apologize to all the CFB fans watching him on TV. Man, his his hair makes Mike Gundy's early porcupine cuts look good. Hopefully he'll change that oil before next weekend.

GDC
11/26/2012, 08:23 PM
Don't forget Chance Mock.

Flying Scotsman
11/26/2012, 08:37 PM
What ever happpened to Chance?

Hot Rod
11/26/2012, 08:56 PM
Maybe Texas fans would feel better if they had a plane fly a banner about how disgusted they are about this "madness".

MyT Oklahoma
11/27/2012, 02:41 AM
Then why aren't we ever offended with the one finger salute Texas gives to OU before the game? Probably because we then go blow them out so there isn't anyone left on their side of the Cotton Bowl late in the third quarter.

What would life be though if Texas wasn't whinning about something?

badger
11/27/2012, 09:13 AM
What ever happpened to Chance?

he got benched right before playing us (due to Arky loss) and was sometimes brought in to pass (vince wasn't too good at that). after that, an internet video surfaced of him telling people that the key to stocks is to buy low and sell high (no joke)