11/24/2012, 07:30 PM
Took him and Boogers money to do it but they becoming a Great team
Look for them to give us fits for years to come :grumpy:

landrun
11/24/2012, 07:32 PM
Yep. Sucks in a lot of ways too...

soonercastor
11/24/2012, 07:32 PM
OSU has overachieved this year and usually that is indeed because of great coaching

Wishboned
11/24/2012, 07:35 PM
I'm not even gloating after this game. OSU came into Norman and gave them fits.

olevetonahill
11/24/2012, 07:36 PM
OSU has overachieved this year and usually that is indeed because of great coaching

Look what we did when PT was moved back to QB in what 06?
Bob was the best coach in the world . :chuncky:

olevetonahill
11/24/2012, 07:37 PM

Me either, Im still wiping the sweat out of my eyes

TahoeSOONER
Gundy is building something and I truly hope someone gets him out of stoolwater.

soonercastor
Look what we did when PT was moved back to QB in what 06?
Bob was the best coach in the world . :chuncky:

Absolutely, and if not for the BS in Eugene we would have been the the national championship game.

Wishboned
Me either, Im still wiping the sweat out of my eyes

When Clay crossed the goal line I scared the hell out of every animal in my house. They're still hiding.

kevpks
11/24/2012, 07:38 PM
F 'em. Boomer.

olevetonahill
11/24/2012, 07:40 PM
When Clay crossed the goal line I scared the hell out of every animal in my house. They're still hiding.

Was that YOU that skeered My critters? I thot it might of been me .

Wishboned
11/24/2012, 07:44 PM
Was that YOU that skeered My critters? I thot it might of been me .

It could have been. I think I yelled so loud the windows shook.

olevetonahill
11/24/2012, 07:45 PM
It could have been. I think I yelled so loud the windows shook.

:welcoming:

King Crimson
11/24/2012, 07:46 PM
i wasn't all that optimistic.

but we are who we are and so are they.

King Crimson
11/24/2012, 07:48 PM
i asked my dad this morning how many points we'd need to win. he said 45. he was close.

boomer sooner.

ouwasp
11/24/2012, 07:49 PM
I'm REALLY hoping those Gundy to Ark and/or Tenn rumors have some substance to them...

AzianSooner
11/24/2012, 07:50 PM
Not Mike and the big money alone to give us fit. I think we screw ourself greatly with bad recruiting and undertermination coaching.

Breadburner
11/24/2012, 07:53 PM
He sucks......!!!

tulsaoilerfan
11/24/2012, 07:53 PM
I'm REALLY hoping those Gundy to Ark and/or Tenn rumors have some substance to them...

Me too lol

SoonerMarkVA
11/24/2012, 08:20 PM
I have to say, as much as I hate to admit it, I really like Gundy. He very well could be the 20-year-younger Bill Snyder, and I don't relish having him be around for years putting as much out of the talent he gets at OSU as he does.

thecrimsoncrusader
11/24/2012, 08:21 PM
Getting Wickline off to the NFL will fix everything. That guy is the key cog in their wheel. If I was a billionaire, I would pay him off to just quit.

SoonerDomiNation
11/24/2012, 08:24 PM
Agreed vet hes a dam good coach as much as that hurts to say.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
11/24/2012, 08:27 PM
I have to say, as much as I hate to admit it, I really like Gundy. He very well could be the 20-year-younger Bill Snyder, and I don't relish having him be around for years putting as much out of the talent he gets at OSU as he does.

No. Bill Snyder has, and has always had, class. Gundy doesn't, hasn't, and never will.

If you don't believe me, try to imagine this: a 20-years-younger Snyder giving the "I'm a man!" speech.

Soonermagik
11/24/2012, 08:39 PM
You meant to say that Boone Pickens bought a great team, right?

Breadburner
11/24/2012, 08:41 PM
Gumby is lucky he has hired the right assistants.....

picasso
11/24/2012, 08:44 PM
Did anyone think we would run away with this one? They've been playing well lately but thank God they remembered their woeful history at the defensive side of the ball.

olevetonahill
11/24/2012, 08:46 PM
Did anyone think we would run away with this one? They've been playing well lately but thank God they remembered their woeful history at the defensive side of the ball.

I dint, OsU been gettin better an better every season.
I hate to say it but they will prolly be playin fer the MNC in not very many years if they keep this up.

BoulderSooner79
11/24/2012, 09:01 PM
I agree with ya, Vet. Gundy has really proven himself this year that it wasn't just Blackmon/Weeden behind Holgerson. Shuffling 3 QBs and continuing to win and put up points like that is impressive.

oudivesherpa
11/24/2012, 09:07 PM

Yeah, my cat bit me and my dog pissed on the carpet!

rock on sooner
11/24/2012, 09:07 PM
What is evident is that Gundy KNOWS what is coming, how he's gonna do it
and Bob better be payin tention...jus sayin...

rock on sooner
11/24/2012, 09:11 PM
To carry that a step further, Stoops is one smart cookie and knows what's
going on and what's coming! Here's the big question, can my heart, bp
and overall patience stand it? I'm sayin I got purty dayum exercised with
that overtime....don't need er want anymore of that stuff...

FirstandGoal
11/24/2012, 09:42 PM
Yeah, my cat bit me and my dog pissed on the carpet!

Hell, I would have probably done that on my own carpet if I hadn't gone to the bathroom during that last TO in regulation.

sooneron
11/24/2012, 10:04 PM
Gumby is lucky he has hired the right assistants.....

The first part is sorta debateable and the second is the sign of a very good head coach.

Breadburner
11/24/2012, 10:07 PM
The first part is sorta debateable and the second is the sign of a very good head coach.

Not really.....If it wasn't for Holgerson...He would still suck....

OklaPony
11/24/2012, 10:17 PM
lol...

Our 3 yr. old boy hid behind the Christmas tree when I started flipping out. What a great win!

picasso
11/24/2012, 10:20 PM
Gundy wasn't exactly a great offensive coordinator. He's obviously much better as the head administrator.

bluedogok
11/24/2012, 10:41 PM
I'd like to see him in UT orange, the one with the checkerboard end zone. Maybe his skin will change to a lighter shade to match.

sooneron
11/24/2012, 11:09 PM
Not really.....If it wasn't for Holgerson...He would still suck....

Dude, take off the crimson shades. Hiring good people (that are at times smarter than you) makes you look all the better at your job. Maybe you just don't have the real world experience to know this. Maybe you'll learn it someday.

HAMTTX
11/25/2012, 05:22 AM
I think it is a double edge sword with Gundy. First he did not like the fact the university played hardball with him about the contract. He thought they would sign and that would be it. When his agent had to get involved it hurt him personally. He is the face of OSU football right now and he felt strongly that they should compensate him for that. What he forgot was why they have always been second fiddle to OU. They manage to pull some Gomer Axx SHXX and hurt themselves. If Gundy leaves, and I don't think he will it will be because of that power play by his own university.

Flagstaffsooner
11/25/2012, 05:44 AM
He may be a good coach but he still has that quacky South OKC accent.;)

Breadburner
11/25/2012, 07:45 AM
Dude, take off the crimson shades. Hiring good people (that are at times smarter than you) makes you look all the better at your job. Maybe you just don't have the real world experience to know this. Maybe you'll learn it someday.

Dude...Like he's really had one great year man...Like wow...!!!...Maybe you should like get off Gundy's Jock....

cleller
11/25/2012, 08:26 AM

The fact that Boone is actually the Executive Head Coach is part of it. If someone on the staff is not the absolute best candidate they can get their hands on, he gets moved on.
When a vacancy arises, the Boone Machine swings into action. With that kind of big business philosophy running things, you get results.

sooneron
11/25/2012, 08:55 AM
The fact that Boone is actually the Executive Head Coach is part of it. If someone on the staff is not the absolute best candidate they can get their hands on, he gets moved on.
When a vacancy arises, the Boone Machine swings into action. With that kind of big business philosophy running things, you get results.

So you know EXACTLY what goes on in the chain of command in stoolwater, cool! I wish we had that system down here. I'm sure the people that were calling for Long/Wilson/Venables' heads do, too.

sooneron
11/25/2012, 08:59 AM
Dude...Like he's really had one great year man...Like wow...!!!...Maybe you should like get off Gundy's Jock....

Not on his jock, only a vapid homer would say that. He did a very good job this year considering they were re-building and had a revolving qb door, due to injuries. None of those guys were the same type of system player. Due to last night (some of it our abysmal play) and the suspect loss in the texas game, they could be a two loss team right now. I can't stand osu or even Gundy, I think he's a turd, BUT he's doing a good job.

olevetonahill
11/25/2012, 09:00 AM
Not on his jock, only a vapid homer would say that. He did a very good job this year considering they were re-building and had a revolving qb door, due to injuries. None of those guys were the same type of system player. Due to last night (some of it our abysmal play) and the suspect loss in the texas game, they could be a two loss team right now. I can't stand osu or even Gundy, I think he's a turd, BUT he's doing a good job.

Yup.

kevpks
11/25/2012, 09:48 AM

I question the marketing department of that big business. Orange? "America's Brightest Orange"? That hideous mascot? They should rebrand themselves. The rights to Twinkie the kid are for sale. They could even keep the cowboy motif.

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/3613/twinkiethekid.jpg

okiewaker
11/25/2012, 09:58 AM
I don't like the pukes but Gundy is doing a nice job up there. They're a tough opponent,,I give him some credit,,,aargh.

cherokeebrewer
11/25/2012, 10:22 AM
I hate to say it but they will prolly be playin fer the MNC in not very many years if they keep this up.

I'll be havin' to see that to believe it...

OU_Sooners75
11/25/2012, 11:18 AM
Thank goodness terry don phillips and les smiles finally got what they were asking for....

Oh wait.

Breadburner
11/25/2012, 12:07 PM

Good is far from great...You are getting there....I dont consider his season good at 7-4.....