PDA

View Full Version : Would Te*as Go After Les Miles?

Sabanball
11/23/2012, 08:24 PM
Let's say Mack decides to hang it up and 'spend more time with this family'. Assuming they swing and miss on Saban, what do you guys think the chances are of the whorns going after the Hat?

Les Miles's daughter signed to swim at Texas next year. A pay increase, an upward move that would show career progression, getting away from Nick Saban, and coaching where your oldest child is going are good incentives. What do y'all think?

bluedogok
11/23/2012, 08:28 PM
About a 10% chance, he isn't "corporate enough" for Texas and seems to speak his mind without thinking at times. The power brokers at UT probably wouldn't like those aspects, that is why Mack has been perfect for them.

sooneredaco
11/23/2012, 08:32 PM
I sure as hale would hate to see that!

rock on sooner
11/23/2012, 08:35 PM
About a 10% chance, he isn't "corporate enough" for Texas and seems to speak his mind without thinking at times. The power brokers at UT probably wouldn't like those aspects, that is why Mack has been perfect for them.

Miles, I think, sometimes doesn't have a mind to use before he speaks, but,
all else in, it seems a good fit. My guess is, though, Patterson at TCU...guy
gets a lot out of a little...let's all hope that Mack stays around, though.

bluedogok
11/23/2012, 08:52 PM
Having lived in Austin for nine years up till last year I just don't think Miles is a fit personality wise with the school or athletic department administration. I think many of the fans would like having him, but only a few fans count to the UT admin.

Sabanball
11/23/2012, 09:03 PM
Right now I put the guy in the same elite category as Saban and Stoops. He's a bit quirky and unconventional, but his record speaks for itself. The guy can flat out coach and I've grown to respect him for it over time even more. My question is would he win over the DKR loyalists like Mack did?

Scott D
11/23/2012, 09:05 PM
They might, hell if it even got sniffs from the media without being true there is one guarantee. He'd use it as leverage to get his salary bumped up again.

olevetonahill
11/23/2012, 09:11 PM
Whats going to Happen is Saxet will steal away Saban, Then Bama steals Less Mileage .
The world of Humor would be perfect.

olevetonahill
11/23/2012, 09:12 PM
Whats going to Happen is Saxet will steal away Saban, Then Bama steals Less Mileage .
The world of Humor would be perfect.

fadada1
11/23/2012, 09:14 PM
for texas to come back and start utilizing the talent they draw, i believe they need someone like stoops when he came to OU. younger, with fire, but has done something exceptional as a coordinator. stoops' defense, imo, is what started the sec into focusing on defense, rather than being on offense-dominated league - what spurrier brought to the sec. notre dame's d-coordinator, for example.

that being said, i hope they keep the fool.

bluedogok
11/23/2012, 09:31 PM
Texas won't hire a coordinator, Muschamp was the closest they have come to it. David McWilliams was on staff and a former Whorn player but was effectively told they would promote him from within to replace Akers. So he went to be HC at Tech and Texas hired him a year later. They still have that thinking, that is why Muschamp was a change but we all saw how that worked out since Mack didn't ride off in the sunset. There is a better chance they go after Miles than hire a coordinator somewhere.

StoopTroup
11/23/2012, 09:33 PM
Might be possible. It would be a real money saver. They could put him and bevo together since they would have two grass eaters in one meadow.

badger
11/23/2012, 09:46 PM
I think UT can attract a coach that is interested in money.

That's your Rich Roddys, your Todd "D00shbag" Grahams, those types... the ones your fanbase puts up with because they win, but would not trust their daughter to date.

bluedogok
11/23/2012, 09:51 PM
They (and Petrino) have too much baggage for the "holier than thou" Longhorn admin and faithful and haven't done what Saban or Miles have done.

StoopTroup
11/23/2012, 09:57 PM
Anyone with the last name of Kelly? :wink:

I Am Right
11/23/2012, 09:58 PM
Hmmmmmmm!

goingoneight
11/23/2012, 10:31 PM
In the continuing tradition of former Sooners to coach in Austin, I nominate John Blake.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/23/2012, 11:31 PM
The world of Humor would be perfect.Seems entirely possible.

11/23/2012, 11:35 PM
I think UT can attract a coach that is interested in money.

That's your Rich Roddys, your Todd "D00shbag" Grahams, those types... the ones your fanbase puts up with because they win, but would not trust their daughter to date.Shirley Bobby Petrino would have come to mind?

11/23/2012, 11:36 PM
In the continuing tradition of former Sooners to coach in Austin, I nominate John Blake.It would be a "perfect fit".

ouwasp
11/24/2012, 12:32 AM
In the continuing tradition of former Sooners to coach in Austin, I nominate John Blake.

I second this grand idea. It's only right to help our conference bros out...

sendbaht
11/24/2012, 02:31 AM
All I can say about this is..."Let Er Rip"

Jacie
11/24/2012, 12:35 PM
I thought Harsin was the [shhh, it's a secret] coach-in-waiting [/shhh, it's a secret] . . .

bluedogok
11/24/2012, 12:41 PM
I think with Harsin they're waiting on a coach.....I don't think UT will make that mistake again. Maybe they were hoping but he isn't going to satisfy the fan base, even the ones that count.

It's evident from Harsin and Hawkins that Peterson was the reason for Boise's success, along with their conference and lax admin standards.

StoopTroup
11/24/2012, 01:22 PM
I think Mack has done enough to keep the dogs at bay at this point and unless Less Smiles starts physical assaults on his players...LSU will keep him too.

11/24/2012, 02:45 PM
Like OU, it will take a decade of embarrassment to effectively change. There is no way we were ready to appear desperate until it was obvious. At that point, it is a roll of the dice.

With all of his 10-win seasons and solid bowl finishes, he has strong support in Austin. We are fortunate our game is in October. Most of the horns have lost track of the sting by firing season.

picasso
11/26/2012, 12:47 AM
I think Les would get lost in Texas.