PDA

View Full Version : dear Piedmonth, ok Cops........seriously?

Sooner5030
11/23/2012, 06:19 PM
I hope there is something missing in this story. Gotta get that revenue I guess.

http://www.news9.com/story/20010769/three-year-old-piemont-boy-gets-2500-ticket-for-peeing-in-his-front-yard

PIEDMONT, Oklahoma -

A 3 year old gets his mom in trouble with the law when he gets a ticket from police. Now the little boy's mother will have to pay thousands of dollars for what the toddler did in their own front yard.

Dillan is being potty trained. His mother says he wasn't playing outside and wasn't near the facilities, so he unzipped.

News 9 was told before he could pee, a Piedmont police officer stopped him. It's a bathroom break that cost mom $2,500.

"Dillan pulled down his pants to pee outside. I guess and the cop pulled up and asked for my license and told me he was going to give me a ticket for public urination," the boy's mother, Ashley Warden, said.

"I said really, he is 3 years old, and he said it doesn't matter," said Dillan's grandmother, Jennifer Warden. "[He said] It is public urination. I said we are on our property and he said it's in public view."

The family lives on two-and-a-half acres and says the street is actually quite rural; but they say the officer who cited them parks at the end of their street daily. So they asked why.

"It's a public street and he wants to, so he can," Jennifer Warden said.

The Wardens filed a complaint with the police department. The police department didn't accept the Wardens' complaint. They have a court appearance set for next month.

"I am disappointed that the officer thinks... what he needs to do with my tax dollars is sitting and harassing our family," Jennifer Warden said.

Warden said as a courtesy, the officer wrote down the cost of the ticket: $2,500. Warden plans on fighting the ticket since she says her son didn't actually finish the act.

News 9 tried to speak with the police department, but our calls went unreturned.

We're told a judge can throw out the ticket.

Sooner5030
11/23/2012, 06:23 PM
ah..it appears the cop was fired. Good guys win this time.

http://newsok.com/piedmont-officer-is-fired-over-public-urination-ticket/article/3730380?custom_click=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

PIEDMONT — A police officer who wrote a $2,500 ticket to a mother on a public urination complaint against her 3-year-old son has been fired, City Manager Jim Crosby said Tuesday.

yermom
11/23/2012, 06:27 PM
drunk with power, jeez

Turd_Ferguson
11/23/2012, 06:50 PM
The union will get him his job back.

Sooner5030
11/23/2012, 08:23 PM

I didn't think about that. You're prolly right though.

Anyway, even if an adult did this don't you think $2500 is a little much for public peeing?

Midtowner
11/23/2012, 09:54 PM
Yep.. cop was fired, District Attorney declined the charges. Still, I doubt anything would have happened had the media not picked up the story.

LiveLaughLove
11/23/2012, 10:24 PM

With back pay. He actually didn't do anything technically wrong.

He showed extremely poor judgement, but it seemed he was following the letter of the law.

It should be fairly easy for the union to get it back for him.

olevetonahill
11/23/2012, 10:31 PM
With back pay. He actually didn't do anything technically wrong.

He showed extremely poor judgement, but it seemed he was following the letter of the law.

It should be fairly easy for the union to get it back for him.

Aint gonna happen Bro. That dipstick will be a Wally Weird Greeter before he is a cop there again

Sides Most small towns aint gonna put up with the FOP.

rock on sooner
11/24/2012, 01:12 PM
Aint gonna happen Bro. That dipstick will be a Wally Weird Greeter before he is a cop there again

Would small town OK cops even have a union?

LiveLaughLove
11/24/2012, 01:46 PM

Might be right. I figured they were unionized, but now that you say it, probably not.

That's probably how they fired him so quickly.

On a side note, he may be related to Greg Johnson from OU's past. Not sure, but there aren't a ton of Qualls' around.

I am related to the Qualls, and the Johnsons are also on the other side of the family.

Greg's brother Robby was the toughest dude I knew in my younger years. Golden gloves boxer as a kid. We were playing in our front yard one day, and a ninth grader hoodlum picked a fight with him. He was in the sixth grade.

Pretty big size difference in them.

The ninth grader never laid a hand on Robby. He pounded the guy with jabs all the way down our street, backing up the whole time so the guy couldn't tackle him. Robby's mom and the Qualls mom had come outside and were yelling at Robby to beat his a$$.

When the guy finally buckled to a knee from the pounding, Robby pounced on him with solid blows and it was over. I was amazed, and to this day regardless of how good Greg was at OU and Miami, I considered what Robby did that day to be more spectacular.

olevetonahill
11/24/2012, 02:45 PM
Would small town OK cops even have a union?

Think they covered by the FOP .

Plus most towns have a clause that a cop can be fired pretty much at the whim of the Mayor/Council for "The Good Of the Service"

I know I got fired for givin a City councilman's wife a speeding ticket, They didnt say that was why but I had done nuthing wrong and was sent packin less than 2 weeks after the Ticket and all hell broke loose from the dude.

Sooner5030
11/24/2012, 03:25 PM
Think they covered by the FOP .

Plus most towns have a clause that a cop can be fired pretty much at the whim of the Mayor/Council for "The Good Of the Service"

I know I got fired for givin a City councilman's wife a speeding ticket, They didnt say that was why but I had done nuthing wrong and was sent packin less than 2 weeks after the Ticket and all hell broke loose from the dude.

Wasn't there some drama with the town of Bokoshe and their lone police officer? Can't remember but it was one of those towns down in your parts.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/25/2012, 12:22 AM
I met a girl from Piedmont at an 89'er game once. Instead of dancing in the aisles in my monkey suit, I hung on the rail and talked to her and her dad most of the time.

She was cute. Should've asked her on a date.

jk the sooner fan
11/25/2012, 12:30 AM
i used to drive thru Piedmont all the time, going from Yukon to Cashion

it's a MAJOR speed trap- they wait till you're at the far end of Piedmont road - when you're out of the actual city - where that road comes to a T - most people pick up speed there because its just farm road/land

i've been pulled over there twice - never ticketed though :)

C&CDean
11/26/2012, 09:55 AM
i used to drive thru Piedmont all the time, going from Yukon to Cashion

it's a MAJOR speed trap- they wait till you're at the far end of Piedmont road - when you're out of the actual city - where that road comes to a T - most people pick up speed there because its just farm road/land

i've been pulled over there twice - never ticketed though :)

No ticket? You must be as skilled as Johnny Mack. Heh.

jk the sooner fan
11/26/2012, 10:00 AM
No ticket? You must be as skilled as Johnny Mack. Heh.

it helps having a piece of tin in your back pocket :)

olevetonahill
11/26/2012, 10:00 AM
Wasn't there some drama with the town of Bokoshe and their lone police officer? Can't remember but it was one of those towns down in your parts.

Hell theres more Drama with these Barneys than I can count, Ya need to be specific
One Chief got sent off cause he tackled an Old woman in the PD and cuffed her for cussin him
One over in Howe got arrested for Stealing
Theres always sompun

C&CDean
11/26/2012, 10:11 AM
it helps having a piece of tin in your back pocket :)

JM didn't have any tin. Just some smooth lips and a soft tongue...

stoops the eternal pimp
11/26/2012, 10:33 AM
:boner:

jk the sooner fan
11/26/2012, 10:53 AM
JM didn't have any tin. Just some smooth lips and a soft tongue...

good to know, it's always helpful to have a backup plan in case the tin doesnt impress like its supposed to